Big Lick

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thanks!
Clouper contacted via email already. They want a video. I will have to make a video tomorrow and send it to them.
Hope they get you taken care of.....during my discussion with Cloupor about the warranty period issue they wanted a video also to verify I owned a Cloupor clone...

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Thanks!
Clouper contacted via email already. They want a video. I will have to make a video tomorrow and send it to them.

That is the standard procedure for Cloupor. Keep after them and DO NOT accept their first answer after you submit the video unless it's a positive response. Your main claim should be that they offer a 90 day warranty and you have no other way to get the warranty service.

DrVonDeafingson

Jul 5, 2014
NE Ohio
Nice looking kit! How's that JWrap holding up? I'm considering getting the black carbon fiber for my mod, but concerned about the edges come loose and the wrap, bit by bit, unpeeling. I carry mine either in my rucksack or a front pocket. I'm thinking that over time, with me dragging it out of my pocket, it will eventually come off.

It's holding up pretty well! I stash mine in my front jeans pocket and am using it all the time. I had a bit of peeling but nothing I was able to rectify with a hair dryer, and a minute of repositioning. When you apply it, you just have to make sure you don't stretch it any more than you need to, this will prevent overhang which is the common cause for peeling.

( classwife removed text - no buying selling or trading outside of the classifieds, please place a wanted ad)

Last edited by a moderator:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Dr......... Welcome to ECF...... talking about dead (broken mods) issues is on topic.... just FYI buying and selling outside of the classified section is against ECF rules... you can go to the Wanted section of the Classified section, get verified and then post what you are wanting there....

Have a great day.... :)

abpigdoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Alpharetta, GA USA
So, in brief, I got two from Clopour, first and second batches. First is a bit squirrly, did the "auto-wake" a small bit, and sometimes a couple of clicks to wake...nothing I can't live with. Then I got another from Fastech, great deal, huh? One week in, my wife hands it to me saying, "What's going on?" smoke coming from the box. I unscrewed the atty, and opened it up and the board was smoking! Battery and atty fine, but POS box is history. My experience with Fastech, meh...Of course, I'm looking at the broken Erlkonigin tank the same day she hands me, so maybe she's a little negligent when it comes to proper care of delicate electronic devices :facepalm:. Now about the car...

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So, in brief, I got two from Clopour, first and second batches. First is a bit squirrly, did the "auto-wake" a small bit, and sometimes a couple of clicks to wake...nothing I can't live with. Then I got another from Fastech, great deal, huh? One week in, my wife hands it to me saying, "What's going on?" smoke coming from the box. I unscrewed the atty, and opened it up and the board was smoking! Battery and atty fine, but POS box is history. My experience with Fastech, meh...Of course, I'm looking at the broken Erlkonigin tank the same day she hands me, so maybe she's a little negligent when it comes to proper care of delicate electronic devices :facepalm:. Now about the car...

Hope things get better for you..... smoke coming from a vaping device is not a good thing...

I sent a video.. LOL I hope they are not expecting expert quality. I will see what they say.
Hope they get you squared away..

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Hope things get better for you..... smoke coming from a vaping device is not a good thing...

Hope they get you squared away..
They already replied and asked for my phone number and address. Fingers crossed they will end my night mare. Thanks to this thread and bluesnake posting the email for clouper. I have hope. I will update so others may see.

I have learned a valuable lesson. I should have bought from a more reputable vendor.

Just to note: Clouper has been very prompt in my matter and for that I am very impressed so far.
Forgot to add: they sent me a reply email stating they will asap the item out with tracking.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
There is another video posted by Vulgar Vape Dude on July 8, 2014 on YouTube that talks, in part, about auto-firing It contains vulgar language so I'll not post a link to it. In the video he also talks about poor quality control issues. The comments he posted with the video are as follows (vulgar words deleted):

Drip'n w/ Vulgar speaking about Box Mods.
The 'HotCig' mod that you can purchase from Fasttech for $52 for the V2 or DNA20 Clone and $56 for the DNA30 clone. These are poorly made mods that need much better quality control! (The Hana Clones from Fasttech) But what do you expect for $50??? It's apiece of ,,,, in my book but a great little box mod for a modder or for someone that can soldier electronics, etc.. Please be careful w/ these mods and report any malfunctions to ShenZhen OuRmei technology Co.,Ltd. - electronic cigarette,e-cigarette,joytech,KR e-cigarette,DK&hangsen e-liquid Maybe the more reports made? Something will be done to fix these POS Mods!!
My Cloupor Hana Clones or the Cana Mods are performing just fine. No issues on my end and I've handled many of these units. Many come ,,,,,, up from the factory but I test and hand pick these units that are for sale.

You can do a google search in YouTube on your own if you want to view Vulgar's video titled " Vaping w/ Vulgar! A Special Thank You & The (HotCig) Fasttech Hana Clone " The discussion starts at 11 minutes into the video.

Last edited:

BigDaddyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Greenville, SC
Well let's see, first Clopour mod I had was a black one and was one of the first batch out. It had the large 510 center pin connection and it fried when I put my stillare atty on it. Melted hot glue, smoke out the USB port hole, and fried screen. Took it back and the b&m I bought it from swapped it without issue. The second one performed just fine and I had learned by that point that the trick was making sure to use an atty that the center pin protruded out a bit from the 510 connector. It's still working to this day according to the guy I sold it to after getting my blue one. My blue one is from the second batch. Fires on the first click. Has the smaller center pin so no atty issues, and generally no issues with it from day one. It's been my go to mod. It does occasionally wake itself up but a friend of mine with a real Hana V3 said his actually does that from time to time as well. The charging port LED never changes from red to green. I don't see that as a big issue since I don't charge batteries using it anyway. To be honest, this blue clopour 30 watt has been a really good solid mod for me. Alas, it will soon be relegated to 2nd place in my collection as I have an IPV v2 50 watt box mod coming and I'm looking forward to using it.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: thread is for discussion of issues please

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Well let's see, first Clopour mod I had was a black one and was one of the first batch out. It had the large 510 center pin connection and it fried when I put my stillare atty on it. Melted hot glue, smoke out the USB port hole, and fried screen. Took it back and the b&m I bought it from swapped it without issue. The second one performed just fine and I had learned by that point that the trick was making sure to use an atty that the center pin protruded out a bit from the 510 connector. It's still working to this day according to the guy I sold it to after getting my blue one. My blue one is from the second batch. Fires on the first click. Has the smaller center pin so no atty issues, and generally no issues with it from day one. It's been my go to mod. It does occasionally wake itself up but a friend of mine with a real Hana V3 said his actually does that from time to time as well. The charging port LED never changes from red to green. I don't see that as a big issue since I don't charge batteries using it anyway. To be honest, this blue clopour 30 watt has been a really good solid mod for me. Alas, it will soon be relegated to 2nd place in my collection as I have an IPV v2 50 watt box mod coming and I'm looking forward to using it.

Sorry but a real Hana should not do that. He's got a clone too, or a problem board.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Guess China is buying genuine DNAs for a reason eh?

Sorry but a real Hana should not do that. He's got a clone too, or a problem board.
Good to see ya again dr g..... not ignoring you and would like to chat about these two post but I'm trying to keep this thread on track... hope you understand...pm headed your way

Noted the issue the clone has .... . comment on Hana will be in the pm...

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
  • Deleted by classwife

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
  • Deleted by classwife

lipadj46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Queensbury, NY
I got my batch 2 clouper a few days ago and so far my only complaints are the soft screws and it woke up from sleep on its own once or twice also the charger light stays red. On the positive side it fires from sleep on the first click and works fine with my kayfun lite. I also use the usb charging and it charged my sony vtc5 in a relatively short order. So far I'm really digging this clone.

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
I've had mine for about a month, new 510 version, orange in color, no logo. Issues I have witnessed:
topper sits slight off kilter
screen will occasionally light on its own (read below)
when charging, LED always stays red, no matter how long usb is connected

The issue I see with the screen coming on by itself, I believe is related to electrical interference. If my phone rings or I receive a text message the screen will light up.
I first noticed this in my office with a different piece of electrical equipment. I work around law enforcement equipment. Currently in my office is a riot shield that has a built in electrical stun system. If i hit the button on the shield and activate the stun capability, 3 things happen. My TV goes out for 2 seconds, my PC plays the chime for when you remove a device, and the screen comes on my Cana.

My cana performs well at vaporizing VG into my lungs.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I've had mine for about a month, new 510 version, orange in color, no logo. Issues I have witnessed:
topper sits slight off kilter
screen will occasionally light on its own (read below)
when charging, LED always stays red, no matter how long usb is connected

The issue I see with the screen coming on by itself, I believe is related to electrical interference. If my phone rings or I receive a text message the screen will light up.
I first noticed this in my office with a different piece of electrical equipment. I work around law enforcement equipment. Currently in my office is a riot shield that has a built in electrical stun system. If i hit the button on the shield and activate the stun capability, 3 things happen. My TV goes out for 2 seconds, my PC plays the chime for when you remove a device, and the screen comes on my Cana.

My cana performs well at vaporizing VG into my lungs.

I think as far as topper issues goes, I've noticed that some of my toppers are actually 'crooked' themselves. They sit funny on my provari also, and eyeballing them while not on a mod seems to confirm this. That said, I think some people reported the crooked atty issue on the cana could be fixed by tapping the 510 down? Not sure, maybe someone while chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread