Istick pico

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Ah! The ol' center pin issue. Only on the Pico, you can't really pull the pin back up..

Your tank has pushed the center pin of the pico down just a bit too far.
If you slowly screw your tank back on, while pressing the switch now and then, you will find a point where the ohms read, then don't read as you pass it.

It's a pita on a pico...

You need a spacer now, something about as thick as a credit card, in between the tank and the 510 connection. I took an old ATT sim card and cut a hole in in and put it on and the one pico I have this same type of fault on is fixed.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Ah! The ol' center pin issue. Only on the Pico, you can't really pull the pin back up..

If you slowly screw your tank back on, while pressing the switch now and then, you will find a point where the ohms read, then don't read as you pass it.

It's a pita on a pico...

You need a spacer now, something about as thick as a credit card, in between the tank and the 510 connection. I took an old ATT sim card and cut a hole in in and put it on and the one pico I have this same type of fault on is fixed.

Is the 510 pin spring loaded?

My experience is that it will make contact with the tank still above the top of the mod, but I can go on screwing it down until it seats on the mod, and it still works. I assumed it was spring loaded.

Are you saying that if the pin is pushed down too far it can get stuck and not come back up on its own? Or could OP just have a tank with a particularly long 510. It was working though, then it stopped working.

• Agree

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Most pico's have a plate really, not a pin, and it is spring loaded.
This problem has been around forever, although it normally has only affected the 75 versions.
You just need to raise the tank a bit and it reads and fires again, hence the "spacer" is needed.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Most pico's have a plate really, not a pin, and it is spring loaded.
This problem has been around forever, although it normally has only affected the 75 versions.
You just need to raise the tank a bit and it reads and fires again, hence the "spacer" is needed.

I never had a problem with a Pico but this stuff is good to know.

cheers

• Agree

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015

It's a pita on a pico...

If the 510 is pushed down too far to make a connection how will making the atty looser help? I have only had a problem with my Pico once.After I used an atty with a long 510 pin it did push the pin of the mod too far and it wouldn't connect with my other tanks.I was able to pry the pin back up fairly easily and it worked fine after that.Can't remember what exactly it did when it happened but it seemed fine except it wouldn't fire or show the resistance.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
... but it seemed fine except it wouldn't fire or show the resistance.

And a spacer will fix that. Try it.

I think it caused the plate to be out of alignment, just enough , to cause the reading and firing issue. I've taken several apart, only 1 has had that same issue and the spacer works.

Something between the wire soldered on to the plate, the plate sitting on the spring, the gasket seperating the positive from the negative and our tanks, just doesn't like the setup. Unless our tanks are raised up, just a touch...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I didn't have that issue with my pico but I've had issues with connectivity before. Some mods, if the pin gets too depressed, there may need to be remediation. IDK if it's possible to do anything to lift up the connection but (unless you hate the idea) it's possible a spacer could help. You could use a heat sink too, I keep a couple around for some of my more stubborn "connection" tanks, and there have been times it resolved the issue.

If you clean everything well, try a spacer of some sort, and are still having issues, I'd probably recommend warrantying it if you can. It may/may not have been user error, IDK, but if it's not reading and functioning optimally and you cannot get it do so, well if you are within the warranty period, you could certainly try that.

I will admit, I was not a huge fan of the newest pico I actually preferred the internal battery one, but the external battery thing is more newish, and I didn't ADORE mine, personally. With that said they are generally reliable mods, you don't tend to hear a ton of issues concerning them. I didn't like the design so much, not that it wasn't reliable and it functioned normally the entire time I had it.

Best of luck I hope you get it resolved.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread