IT HAS ARRIVED! THE NEW AMAZING VISION DEUX!! + $5.95 VISION v1.0 3.5 ml TANKS, VISION REPLACEMENT TUBES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebadeeDoodah

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2011
Tucson, AZ USA
My first vision tube cracked more then a months use in. (I hit the door jam rounding the hall, 2 crack at top and 2 lower opposite side) Ce2 itself still works so I grabed a 5ml BD syringe that the pharmacist just hands you if you ask (nice to give a kid oral meds with). and a #10 o ring from lowes.
Replace the clear o ring at base with the hardware stores cut syringe to size of tube.
Then yes "man handle" the part together. No glue and working wonderfully, no leaks. Rubber cup fits in on top too.
I will note the vision tip is loose in the syringe but if you fit a carto condom on it and trim it's a nice tight fit. Or a small rubber band for a seal? One hay of a sturdy unit now. Also can't use my cool vision cone with it, syringe to thick.

I finally got around to trying this mod. The #10 o-ring didn't work for me -- too big. But since the carto condom worked on the whistle tip, I decided to try it at the connector end. Bit of a struggle to get it on -- gave up trying to get it on over the flange at the base. Had to cut the bottom off the condom so it's like a tube, slide it down over the cup and stretch it onto the connector end, and then trim it. Makes a good seal. Pretty easy mod. I might wrap the condom at connector end with some Teflon tape the next time I try it, so the syringe tube slips on easier without the tendency to bunch up the condom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread