• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Its started! W.A Ban on sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

AussieVS

Apr 17, 2014
Australia
Hey guys, apologies for jumping straight onto the forum just to post about our problems here in Australia. But we really need global support from the vaping community on this one.

I'm expecting we all know the way governments, world health organizations and big business want this to go. They're end game will be to regulate the sale of our ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery systems) and eliquids by classifying them as tobacco related products so they can tax them till they cost as much as cigarettes.

I say no. Our Personal Vaporizers offer us a clean and safe way to administer small amounts of nicotine, just like a cup of coffee gives us a small dose of caffeine.

What Western Australia are doing by banning the sale of these devices is the first step in this classifying these devices as tobacco products. This reform WILL go global if we don't take a stance now, and we REALLY need your help!!

If you want you Personal Vaporizers and eLiquids to stay affordable like they are now (which along with the health benefits is a major incentive for smokers turning to Personal Vaporizers as an alternative to smoking tobacco cigarettes) we need to appeal and overturn this Supreme Court ruling.

OUr Objective - To switch as many current smokers as possible off smoking tobacco cigarettes to Personal Vaporizers by keeping them available and affordable.

Please anyone if you can help us, raise awareness to our cause (forums, facebook, twitter, friends and family), VOTE (see link below) and if you can donate (but I realise people will be hesitate to do this without knowing more about what they're donating to, it's to support the legal fees for taking the appeal to the Supreme Court).

Please vaping community, help us out.

Stop the ban of Personal Vaporizers

DONATE
Ecigs. Our right not to smoke Tobacco. by Vince van Heerden - GoFundMe

VOTE
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...e-legalise-pvs)

SPREAD THE WORD
Forums, facebook, twitter, email, phone your local radio stations, write to newspapers, tell your friends

Last edited:

kachuge

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
the future does not look bright.........

is it big tobacco behind this recent turn of events?
is it politicians and do gooders?

i'm suspicious of alternative motives...

in any event, it's a friggin' shame.......

it's like a clock ticking and if I don't get down to zero nic by the time the clock stops, i'm back on analogs.......

Over three months ago I switched from 18% to 12%.........flip flopped for about a week........maybe two.......... then got ok with the 12%

Now I'm finding the 12% too strong..... or maybe I'm just vaping with clean coils (thanks to the info on this forum of course)

I'll tell ya.......... I changed from the 18 because I couldn't vape as much as I wanted to, without getting numb....... fingers, ears, etc
and now it's happening with the 12%....... don't know if this is a normal course........ but that's what is happening....

so next week, I intend on buying a bottle of zero, and a bottle of 18% and making my move to 9%.......

g

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Hey guys, apologies for jumping straight onto the forum just to post about our problems here in Australia. But we really need global support from the vaping community on this one.

I'm expecting we all know the way governments, world health organizations and big business want this to go. They're end game will be to regulate the sale of our ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery systems) and eLiquids by classifying them as tobacco related products so they can tax them till they cost as much as cigarettes.

I say no. Our Personal Vaporizers offer us a clean and safe way to administer small amounts of nicotine, just like a cup of coffee gives us a small dose of caffeine. Nicotine in small doses is as safe as caffeine and has significant health effects as an anti-anxiety drug etc.

What Western Australia are doing by banning the sale of these devices is the first step in this classifying these devices as tobacco products. This reform WILL go global if we don't take a stance now, and we REALLY need your help!!

If you want you Personal Vaporizers and eLiquids to stay affordable like they are now (which along with the health benefits is a major incentive for smokers turning to Personal Vaporizers as an alternative to smoking tobacco cigarettes) we need to appeal and overturn this Supreme Court ruling.

OUr Objective - To switch as many current smokers as possible off smoking tobacco cigarettes to Personal Vaporizers by keeping them available and affordable.

Please anyone if you can help us, raise awareness to our cause (forums, facebook, twitter, friends and family), VOTE (see link below) and if you can donate (but I realise people will be hesitate to do this without knowing more about what they're donating to, it's to support the legal fees for taking the appeal to the Supreme Court).

Please vaping community, help us out.

Stop the ban of Personal Vaporizers

DONATE
Ecigs. Our right not to smoke Tobacco. by Vince van Heerden - GoFundMe

VOTE
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...e-legalise-pvs)

SPREAD THE WORD
Forums, facebook, twitter, email, phone your local radio stations, write to newspapers, tell your friends

I would leave this part out of any and all letters, speeches, etc.........

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
I gave to Vince and I signed the petition. I have to say I'm surprised though. Australia always seemed to me a place where individual rights were respected.

On another note I could listen to an Australian woman's voice all day long...

You can have my wife then:D

The previous government was going to use 5.5 Billion Dollars over the next few years of Cigarette taxes to fill a huge hole in expenditure, only 1% of that money was going to health! The new government isnt going to be any different! This is the real reason for the continual price rises in cigarettes.

They need the smokers tax money! In Australia you are now only allowed to bring in from overseas "50 cigarettes" tax free instead of the 200 allowed in most of the western world and it is strictly enforced! how does this 50 limit stop people smoking? It doesnt it just means they need the tax on the other 150!

The court ruling here in West Australia although only a state court will open the door to ban the sales in all other states and territories in Australia, this will then put import restrictions on all gear and juice by using the same ruling they use for banning importation of Chinese synthetic non banned substance.

Although I agree with the banning of importation of synthetic drugs like Kronic I fear the same will apply to Nic Juice :(

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

jaytee7

Nov 25, 2013
West Australia
From West Australian news paper

Selling electronic cigarettes has effectively been banned in WA after the Supreme Court ruled the products were designed to look like the real thing - breaching State tobacco control laws.

Last year, the WA Health Department brought a test case against a Duncraig company selling e-cigarettes online, under the banner Heavenly Vapours.l

The battery-powered devices do not burn tobacco but turn nicotine or fruit flavours into vapour which is inhaled and exhaled.

It is illegal under Australian law to sell e-cigarettes containing nicotine.

But the department prosecution argued it was also illegal to sell e-cigarettes containing no nicotine, because the law prohibits the sale of any food, toy or other product which is designed to resemble a cigarette or cigar.

A magistrate originally ruled there was not enough evidence to prove the two types of e-cigarettes sold looked like real cigarettes.

But after an appeal from WA health bosses, Supreme Court Justice Janine Pritchard ruled selling e-cigarettes in WA should result in a trader being prosecuted.

"Evidence supported the conclusion that the items were used for inhaling vapour (whether or not containing nicotine) through the mouth, which was exhaled in a manner reminiscent of the smoke from a cigarette," Justice Pritchard said.

Vince Van Heerden, owner of Heavenly Vapours, has begun an appeal to "crowdfund" the $50,000 he says he needs to continue his legal battle, saying the case has ruined him financially.

Australian Council on Smoking and Health president Mike Daube said the judgment was an important step in the continuing battle against smoking.

Last year, the Cancer Council of WA called for the promotion, sale and use of e-cigarettes to be banned, arguing they could become starter products for children and ex-smokers.

Mr Van Heerden is due to be sentenced next month.

I'm sure we all understand the real reason they want e-cigs banned.

I have signed the petition and made a donation. Have you?
This is worth fighting. Even if you don't support e-cigs it's about having the right to choose. Freedom of choice.

DON'T ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS AWAY.

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
I'm sure we all understand the real reason they want e-cigs banned.

I have signed the petition and made a donation. Have you?
This is worth fighting. Even if you don't support e-cigs it's about having the right to choose. Freedom of choice.

DON'T ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS AWAY.

Its my thread and you are asking me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread