The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Its started! W.A Ban on sales

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by fishtaco, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
  2. Sirius

Sirius Star Puppy Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 19, 2013
    North Carolina
    Anything that looks like smoking eh? Totally ridiculous!

3. Maurice Pudlo

Maurice Pudlo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    Better not exhale a breath inside a walk in freezer, ban the freezer it looks like your smoking :facepalm:

Maurice

4. laurie9300

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
  5. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Petition signed, hope this gets turned around.

6. AussieVS

AussieVS Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Australia
    Hey guys, apologies for jumping straight onto the forum just to post about our problems here in Australia. But we really need global support from the vaping community on this one.

I'm expecting we all know the way governments, world health organizations and big business want this to go. They're end game will be to regulate the sale of our ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery systems) and eLiquids by classifying them as tobacco related products so they can tax them till they cost as much as cigarettes.

I say no. Our Personal Vaporizers offer us a clean and safe way to administer small amounts of nicotine, just like a cup of coffee gives us a small dose of caffeine.

What Western Australia are doing by banning the sale of these devices is the first step in this classifying these devices as tobacco products. This reform WILL go global if we don't take a stance now, and we REALLY need your help!!

If you want you Personal Vaporizers and eLiquids to stay affordable like they are now (which along with the health benefits is a major incentive for smokers turning to Personal Vaporizers as an alternative to smoking tobacco cigarettes) we need to appeal and overturn this Supreme Court ruling.

OUr Objective - To switch as many current smokers as possible off smoking tobacco cigarettes to Personal Vaporizers by keeping them available and affordable.

Please anyone if you can help us, raise awareness to our cause (forums, facebook, twitter, friends and family), VOTE (see link below) and if you can donate (but I realise people will be hesitate to do this without knowing more about what they're donating to, it's to support the legal fees for taking the appeal to the Supreme Court).

Please vaping community, help us out.

Stop the ban of Personal Vaporizers

DONATE
    Ecigs. Our right not to smoke Tobacco. by Vince van Heerden - GoFundMe

VOTE
    https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...e-legalise-pvs)

SPREAD THE WORD
    Forums, facebook, twitter, email, phone your local radio stations, write to newspapers, tell your friends

7. AussieVS

AussieVS Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Australia
  8. kachuge

kachuge Super Member ECF Veteran

the future does not look bright.........

is it big tobacco behind this recent turn of events?
    is it politicians and do gooders?

i'm suspicious of alternative motives...

in any event, it's a friggin' shame.......

it's like a clock ticking and if I don't get down to zero nic by the time the clock stops, i'm back on analogs.......

Over three months ago I switched from 18% to 12%.........flip flopped for about a week........maybe two.......... then got ok with the 12%

Now I'm finding the 12% too strong..... or maybe I'm just vaping with clean coils (thanks to the info on this forum of course)

I'll tell ya.......... I changed from the 18 because I couldn't vape as much as I wanted to, without getting numb....... fingers, ears, etc
    and now it's happening with the 12%....... don't know if this is a normal course........ but that's what is happening....

so next week, I intend on buying a bottle of zero, and a bottle of 18% and making my move to 9%.......

g

9. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    I would leave this part out of any and all letters, speeches, etc.........

10. AussieVS

AussieVS Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Australia
    Agreed. I will remove it from any further posting. Thank you.

11. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I gave to Vince and I signed the petition. I have to say I'm surprised though. Australia always seemed to me a place where individual rights were respected.

On another note I could listen to an Australian woman's voice all day long...

12. fishtaco

fishtaco Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    WA
    You can have my wife then:D

The previous government was going to use 5.5 Billion Dollars over the next few years of Cigarette taxes to fill a huge hole in expenditure, only 1% of that money was going to health! The new government isnt going to be any different! This is the real reason for the continual price rises in cigarettes.

They need the smokers tax money! In Australia you are now only allowed to bring in from overseas "50 cigarettes" tax free instead of the 200 allowed in most of the western world and it is strictly enforced! how does this 50 limit stop people smoking? It doesnt it just means they need the tax on the other 150!

The court ruling here in West Australia although only a state court will open the door to ban the sales in all other states and territories in Australia, this will then put import restrictions on all gear and juice by using the same ruling they use for banning importation of Chinese synthetic non banned substance.

Although I agree with the banning of importation of synthetic drugs like Kronic I fear the same will apply to Nic Juice :(

13. laurie9300

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
  14. laurie9300

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    I have to thank everybody here who has rallied to our shared cause. It is greatly appreciated.

15. Maurice Pudlo

Maurice Pudlo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    I don't know how much my signature will help but you have it, and I also shared it on my Facebook page.

I'm very sorry to hear you guys are going through this at the moment. It'll get better, not sure when, but it will.

Maurice

16. Maytwin

Maytwin Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SW France
    Have signed the petition - good luck :)

17. laurie9300

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks again for everyone's support

18. jaytee7

jaytee7 Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    West Australia
    I'm sure we all understand the real reason they want e-cigs banned.

I have signed the petition and made a donation. Have you?
    This is worth fighting. Even if you don't support e-cigs it's about having the right to choose. Freedom of choice.

DON'T ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS AWAY.

19. fishtaco

fishtaco Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    WA
    Its my thread and you are asking me lol

20. jaytee7

jaytee7 Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    West Australia
    Sorry fishtaco, no I wasn't asking you. I was asking others reading your thread. Just trying to get more people on board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.