Ive done everything I'm told..what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only a month or so into vaping and have been experiencing the common dry mouth vaperers seem to get. But I LOVE IT!!!
So as advised on here, I tried different flavours, strengths and PG/VG levels.
I do feel better vaping a higher vg but even so, I'm still experiencing a dry tacky mouth....despite drinking heaps.
It kinda ruins any flavour I'm vaping, the flavours all blend into one to me...is this normal? Does it go on forever?. I keep reading about people having beautiful creamy flavour experiences but for me it just isnt true except for maybe the first few vapes when i get up.

I'm using both an ego -T with either the new evod or starlight clearomisers as well as an inferno with its tube tank.
I vape most of the day when working on the computer and have spent a fortune on liquids and clearomisers, which i clean after each fill and then dry burn. Am i doing something wrong? Is it time for an upgrade?
I seem happiest at 18mg and Vg +30 at least.
any words of wisdom???,,,,,,,,,Please?

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I have used 85% VG in a top coil CE4, but I find the thicker juices to wick slower, requiring more inverting and rolling to keep the wicks wet--something really needed with any juice in a top coil clearo, just more of it. Bottom coils, such as EVODs and ProTanks, dispense with that need and feed thicker juices with less hassle. They're also a bit cooler.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I'm only a month or so into vaping and have been experiencing the common dry mouth vaperers seem to get. But I LOVE IT!!!
So as advised on here, I tried different flavours, strengths and PG/VG levels.
I do feel better vaping a higher vg but even so, I'm still experiencing a dry tacky mouth....despite drinking heaps.
It kinda ruins any flavour I'm vaping, the flavours all blend into one to me...is this normal? Does it go on forever?. I keep reading about people having beautiful creamy flavour experiences but for me it just isnt true except for maybe the first few vapes when i get up.

I'm using both an ego -T with either the new evod or starlight clearomisers as well as an inferno with its tube tank.
I vape most of the day when working on the computer and have spent a fortune on liquids and clearomisers, which i clean after each fill and then dry burn. Am i doing something wrong? Is it time for an upgrade?
I seem happiest at 18mg and Vg +30 at least.
any words of wisdom???,,,,,,,,,Please?

Also only a month in. I started with 60/40 (24 nic) --this was juice from my local B&M. I'm still at 24 nic but have sorta switched to 50/50 PG VG when I started ordering online. I am drinking lots more (still maybe not enough) but have the same problem as you so will be interested in the answers.

I have the "all blend into one" problem like you and also a "not enough flavor" problem (quite a few seem "too mild" to me--I consider the flavor, "ok but too mild") and I don't know if the two things are related?

I have found a few juices from different vendors that have enough flavor for me, I even got a "free sample" from MBV of "green tea" and I don't like green tea too much but it was a very authentic green tea. But again I don't know if that's related to "flavors blending in, tasting the same." I can tell you that it makes it hard to do "tastings" of new flavors I bought :(

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I had big trouble with dry mouth at first myself.

I had to seriously up my water intake, and I do mean water. Vaping dehydrates you badly. I am not a big water drinker so this was a huge shift in diet for me. I just made it a rule to drink twice as much water and anything else. Drink a 12 oz can of soda I had to earn it by 24 oz of water. LOL dumb rule but it worked.

The biotene stuff IS good and does help specifically with the dry mouth.

If you take allergy meds like benedryl you need to realize those also dry you out and adjust your water intake up to compensate.

I have about 10 flavors in clearos and change them out constantly.

I also was about 6 weeks into vaping before my tastebuds had recovered well enough for me to taste much of anything out of my juices.

Your Mileage may vary these were just my experiences. :)

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Not sure if this is helpful but at about a month and a half in, I am no longer getting vaper's tongue even when I chain vape. I'm also tasting the juices better, although part of that is due to moving to different, more "fiddly" delivery systems. (I never really got the true flavor of my juices till I started dripping on a rebuildable.)

Suggestion regarding not getting enough flavor intensity: If you like mint and cinnamon, pick up a bottle of strong menthol (you can get this fairly cheap at Mount Baker Vapors) and a bottle of Fire and Ice, or a similar strong cinnamon juice. Mix one drop of the cinnamon into a full tank of the menthol. The flavor is very strong, even in a Protank (which mutes flavor). This won't cure vaper's tongue, but it will give you the flavor kick you are craving.

I'm really not sure why the vaper's tongue and not tasting the juices well seems to pass in time. It could be that your body needs time to adjust to vapor, or maybe it's all due to the cigarette rebound phenomenon. But take some comfort in this - it will get better - just keep at it. Remember - you're doing this for health, a longer life, a better life, your family, etc. Those are all reasons to power through the uncomfortable stage.

Some great advice here and i shall give all of it a go, thank you all very much.
good to know its not uncommon and i'm not alone.
Big question....coz i'm from oz and cant get nic juices here costs of shipping are very high from USA or uk....up to $40AUD so, which suppliers do the really high if not 100% VG JUICES....or can't that be said here...do I ask in the ejuice section?
Just dont want to keep wasting a fortune on shipping costs (NZ juices I find don't have much variety)

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
Also only a month in. I started with 60/40 (24 nic) --this was juice from my local B&M. I'm still at 24 nic but have sorta switched to 50/50 PG VG when I started ordering online. I am drinking lots more (still maybe not enough) but have the same problem as you so will be interested in the answers.

I have the "all blend into one" problem like you and also a "not enough flavor" problem (quite a few seem "too mild" to me--I consider the flavor, "ok but too mild") and I don't know if the two things are related?

I have found a few juices from different vendors that have enough flavor for me, I even got a "free sample" from MBV of "green tea" and I don't like green tea too much but it was a very authentic green tea. But again I don't know if that's related to "flavors blending in, tasting the same." I can tell you that it makes it hard to do "tastings" of new flavors I bought :(

When I first started I had the "not enough taste" problem and ordered juices with extra flavor, that lasted for about 2 months. The longer I was off analogues the more my sense of taste increased. I am 3 1/2 months off analogues now and I no longer order extra flavor, in fact I make my own juice and tend to add less flavoring than most recipes call for. I still drink a lot of fluids, but in the beginning I had to drink even more. The plus side of all the extra fluids is that it flushes more of the toxins from analogues out of your system. Be patient, it will get better every day!!!

I'm trying hard to be patient but with everything tasting strange, even salty, I have more cravings for analogs! When i first started everything seemed fine but 1 month in its just got worse. Extra flavour shots makes sense, next order I shall do this as I didn't know that was an option.
Still..... I will keep trying and will follow any advice given, coz i want to really quit the smoking....I'm down from 15 a day to 3 or 4 and feel guilty as hell when i have one!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
THere are generally 3 danger points

3 days
3 weeks
3 months

I have been told they roughly coincide with when certain chemicals come out of your body. I think you hit the 3 week one :)

There are going to be rough times. The best you can do is vape through them and maybe try a little higher nic level until it passes.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Some great advice here and i shall give all of it a go, thank you all very much.
good to know its not uncommon and i'm not alone.
Big question....coz i'm from oz and cant get nic juices here costs of shipping are very high from USA or uk....up to $40AUD so, which suppliers do the really high if not 100% VG JUICES....or can't that be said here...do I ask in the ejuice section?
Just dont want to keep wasting a fortune on shipping costs (NZ juices I find don't have much variety)

FreedomsmokeUSA has a huge variety of juices and many can be custom blended with any ratio VG/PG and your choice of nicotine strength from 6 to 30 mg. They are not the least expensive, but all their juices are high quality. I use 50% VG at 24mg nic. I find that anything over 50% VG starts to clog my cartomizers rather quickly.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
THere are generally 3 danger points

3 days
3 weeks
3 months

I have been told they roughly coincide with when certain chemicals come out of your body. I think you hit the 3 week one :)

There are going to be rough times. The best you can do is vape through them and maybe try a little higher nic level until it passes.

What do you mean "danger point" and three days, weeks and months of what? Quitting analogs or starting vaping or what are you saying? I've never heard this before but it peaked my attention because all my quits on analogs before, for some dumb reason, the three month mark was when I would always relapse and I have no idea why. I'm going to be coming up to three months shortly and mentally preparing now.

To the OP, muted taste/vapor's tongue is so irritating. I seem to be prone to it. I had literally ZERO taste about a week or so into when I first started vaping and lasted for 9 days and it drove me nuts. I tried everything and only time helped.

I did switch out my flavors constantly, drank a ton of water, lightly scrapped my tongue, Biotene gel...you name it. Now I use unflavored nic in my daily rotation. I actually like it because its light and I don't have to worry about any "expected flavor". And it doesnt make me feel sluggish, clog my nose or tight chested. I'm honestly starting to believe that VG/PG has nothing to do w/loosing flavor or cause "ill side affects" people mention in these threads.

IMHO, I think it's the flavorings (natural or artificial), colorings/dyes and sweeteners each supplier uses. I think some suppliers use them heavy, some lighter and I have no idea what sweeteners are used but I feel some people are more sensitive w/these different chemicals. I know that I had issues with sweeteners w/my coffees, for example. I would actually get stomach aches from certain sweeteners so depending on which ones are used in the juices, it could explain some of my reactions to them.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The threes after quitting smoking.

Three weeks after quitting, the urge for a cig raises its ugly little head
Three months after quitting, the urge for a cig raises its ugly little head again
I'm going to be paying attention when three years finally get here. I've got one year behind me now. ;)

I honestly do believe that preparing for those danger times, helps to be successful. I know to have stronger nic on hand and it will pass! Vaping helps to keep that little devil at bay, but you will have a stronger than normal urge. Kind of like in the back of your mind type thing. Just be aware that they may happen.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
That makes sense. For me @ the 3 month mark, I've made a DUMB mistake twice. I thought I could have just a cig or two when I was out w/friends. I really "believed" I had it under control and could just casually smoke. Both times, I was right back to buying my own pack the next day.

Needless to say I've finally learned my addiction to cigs is similar to any addiction....I can not have even one cig, EVER or I will be back to smoking in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread