Joyetech eGrip - cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey everyone. So I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but the eGrip looks rather cool and I'm interested. However, from the very first time I saw a picture of it, I thought "So if the tank is built in... how do you clean it?" Well now that they're out in the wild I thought I'd ask here. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks!

Katw

Jan 14, 2011
Florida
Hey everyone. So I haven't posted on the forums in a while, but the eGrip looks rather cool and I'm interested. However, from the very first time I saw a picture of it, I thought "So if the tank is built in... how do you clean it?" Well now that they're out in the wild I thought I'd ask here. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks!

Just unscrew, take out coil head, take drip tip off, cover USB port, and use dropper bottle with water to rinse. I also put the screw cap back on without the coil head and shook. Some have just covered the USB port and lightly rinsed. Although, I haven't been willing to try that yet. I put some twirled tissue in the tank to lightly dry. Or you can air dry it over night. This is day 5 with the device and coils are running full tilt and slightly better than full size nautilus BVCs. I am loving this so far for its size and simplicity. The chrome is very nice.

eUsername

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
'Merica
Just unscrew, take out coil head, take drip tip off, cover USB port, and use dropper bottle with water to rinse. I also put the screw cap back on without the coil head and shook. Some have just covered the USB port and lightly rinsed. Although, I haven't been willing to try that yet. I put some twirled tissue in the tank to lightly dry. Or you can air dry it over night. This is day 5 with the device and coils are running full tilt and slightly better than full size nautilus BVCs. I am loving this so far for its size and simplicity. The chrome is very nice.

You have any pics of the chrome version?

Katw

Jan 14, 2011
Florida

Attachments

• 20141103_173426.jpg
    20141103_173426.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 442

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Okay, folks, with Black Friday and Cyber Monday upon us, I'm getting the itch to buy new gear and several places have coupons that work for the eGrip. So now that people have had theirs for a few more weeks, is there anything new to report in this thread? For people who literally rinse the entire mod under a running sink, have you had any technical problems, dead batteries or anything, or is it good to go?

Sadly, if the only way to clean the tank is with a Q-tip or rolled up paper towel, I'm going to have to pass. That doesn't seem thorough enough for changing flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread