The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by jstrong, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. workman70

workman70 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Both are version 1.18

The picture doesn't do it justice. The left one is pretty dim. It almost looks like it would look like with a layer of window tint on it. The right one seems normal, but it is bright. I'll compare it to my Istick or if I see someone else who has one or has one in stock. Not a big deal, just makes me wonder about connections. Hits fine.

2. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    There is a protective film on the screen. Any chance that's causing the difference?

edit: maybe there isn't a protective film. If there is, it doesn't come off easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. workman70

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Nah
    Nah, both still have the protective film. Don't know if one is too bright or one is too dim. I hate sending crap back, aespecially when I don't know which is the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBloke

TheBloke Ultra Member Verified Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    • Like Like x 2
  5. tchavei

tchavei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Don't know how much 79.99€ are in pounds but it's the full kit. My BM sells it. They say they will have stock next week?

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheBloke

Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Oh that's very good indeed - £57 for the full kit, which is £67 here on eBay (€93.) I'm actually paying slightly over the odds for the mod-only at £55, because I could get the full kit for £67 and sell the tank for £17 meaning it cost £50. But then I know I'll never get around to selling the tank.

But I figure if I added postage from Portugal yours would be more expensive. Plus it's hard enough me waiting until Tuesday for it to ship, let alone waiting also for delivery from Portugal :)

Thanks though. Of course it's yet more confirmation that UK is Rip Off Britain!

• Like Like x 4
  7. JeremyR

JeremyR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    Very interesting discussion the last day, thanks for the insight bloke.

On this there are no wires off the 510 it sits directly on a contact disc on the board. The brass screw is the negative.

[​IMG]

I guess the 510 spring design could have an effect in readings.

• Like Like x 4
  8. TheBloke

Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Oh wow! That's very interesting. Theoretically that would be the lowest static resistance possible. It's a firm contact I assume, screwed down or something?

• Like Like x 3
  9. JeremyR

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    The board is tight, just the positive pin protuding out, touching the disc, possibly with some spring tension.

I haven't disassembled the upper end fully. The brass screw you see up front goes though the negative ring in the board and to the top plate metal to complete the circuit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. workman70

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Then this means this could be far more accurate than other devices. Interesting

11. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    I've been using my eVic VT for about a week with the Ni head. I've been enjoying it. Then for the last two days it has been leaking like a screen door in a submarine. Holy Balls! Put the Ti head in last light and it is not leaking again. Will this be our indicator that the head has gone bad? If the heads only last a week, they better release the replacement heads FAST!

Any one have a suggestion for he biggest build deck on a RTA? I'm thinking I want to make my own Ti coils on a RTA but need the room for about 22wraps.

12. TheBloke

Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    22 wraps? How do you figure that?

Titanium needs fewer coils than Ni200, about 3 times fewer for the same thickness of wire. More than for Kanthal, true.

But why would you need/want 22 wraps specifically? Are you sure you're calculating that right?

Putting that into Steam Engine, for 28G Titanium, that means you're trying to build a 1.5Ω coil? 0.3Ω - 0.5Ω is far more typical for Titanium. You'd have to check the VT will even do TC above 1.0Ω, no other TC mod will that I know of.

The Lemo 1 and 2 have a decent sized RTA deck for single coil - I'd only recommend the 2 though, as the 1 can have issues with TC unless you fix the 510 pin with an o-ring. The Taifun GT2 isn't bad. Squape R / Rs also OK.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    In case anyone was wondering, the eGo ONE Mega Ti coil is 26awg x 4mm x 6 nicely spaced wraps. Really nice looking coil, too. The positive leg is pinched between the silicon insulator and the brass center pin, which is 3.5mm long, so there's plenty of contact surface to make a connection, but the Center pin doesn't really seem to fit tight enough in the insulator to make it very stable.

The way my eVic has been behaving I can't really point a finger at the Mega, except that it needs larger juice holes to keep up with that big coil.

Oh, and the wick is a strip of woven cloth of some sort wrapped around the vertical coil.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    Hmm but isn't the VT using a lipo? The lipo is a soft pack so a couple of wires have to go to the board and then the 510 connector pin touches a disc on the board right? Lipos don't have discs.

If this is correct, a press connection is always worse than a soldered one.

Regards
    Tony

• Like Like x 2
  15. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    I haven't measured it but I read somewhere that someone measured it being around 1.7V or something. Can't be sure without fetching my multimeter. Maybe it's those clicks we hear for 4 minutes?

Regards
    Tony

• Like Like x 3
  16. JeremyR

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    Well the istick 50 lasted me the same or longer than this- in kanthal mode. This is a lot more advanced so it is going to use more battery. Like cell phones the more things they do the faster they run the battery down. The 50w was a relatively simple machine compared to this.. Obviously all the sampling it has to do runs it down in vw mode where your not compensating run time with temp control down regulation.

Stats - joyetch evic vt.
    Kanthal - .75 ohm
    Power - 35-40w indicated (feels like 3-5 w more than indicated to me?)
    Runtime - 734 puffs , 1266 sec.
    Days - for me about 2 & 1/4 days

• Like Like x 3
  17. tchavei

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    I made it to 1200 puffs the other day on the VT so that's not bad at all.

Regards
    Tony

• Like Like x 2
  18. JeremyR

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    See picture above. No wires to 510. Notice under the 510 you see light around the center pin thats protruding to the board from the 510 assembly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JeremyR

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    Yeah it's not bad, still great to go 2 days. But was hoping the extra "1000" would have added another day but since it has so much idle run time working it takes away from it.

They claim tc Increaces battery life significantly. Havent tried it yet. I'm assuming since thier charts show battery life much longer in temp mode, maybe they thought that was good enough to say it had 500 more mah than it does. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheBloke

Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Ah ha well that's it then. 1.7V is more than enough to push the temp and resistance up. It's daft though that it shows the post-probe resistance. I would say let's hope it doesn't use that post-probe resistance for TC, but clearly it can't based on your using it at 240°C.

Does it have refinement? Someone was mentioning resistance dropping over time by about 0.02Ω. Is that common, or just his mod?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.