Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Ok, so if this calculates that room temp is about 5X more then the real thing i must be vaping at about 44ºC....... Never going to get burned wicking material that's for sure.
It does measure ambient temperature in the mod..... Turn it off, then turn it on with 10 quick clicks....

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
OK I bought the VT. I found one on eBay, full kit, for £60, only £5 more than the mod-only one was that I'd have to wait until next week to be dispatched.

Hopefully I'll get it Tuesday then I will start testing it in detail to see what it does. I can pick up the temperature probe at the start by the temperature rise in the coil even if the volts are too quick to show on my DMM.

Reactions: BNEAT

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
OK I bought the VT. I found one on eBay, full kit, for £60, only £5 more than the mod-only one was that I'd have to wait until next week to be dispatched.

Hopefully I'll get it Tuesday then I will start testing it in detail to see what it does. I can pick up the temperature probe at the start by the temperature rise in the coil even if the volts are too quick to show on my DMM.
You're insane lol. How many TC devices do you already have? :)

It's almost 11pm, had a nice dinner? Kissed the wife to go to bed? Tugged the kids?

Ready for some dna temperature testing? :D :D :D :D

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Hmm.. including the HB that came this morning and the VT just ordered, eight. Oh and then there's the two more SXK's (Zero and Nebula) in the air that SXK are sending me for free, so that'll be ten.

But two of them are identical, two Kangxin Mini VFs, so that's only nine "uniques". And I definitely plan to sell or give away one of those.

Too many? I guess maybe I should sell some more :)

I don't have a wife and I certainly don't have kids. But I did have a nice dinner, thanks! Very filling and relaxing, just about ready for bed now I reckon.. :)

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Not looking to burst your bubble but that was already established last week in this thread...
(after driving all of us nuts :-x for the first few days we had devices lol)

Those NiOCC's bounce around for the first day, then they settle in and don't really fluctuate after, (but they start to have a muted flavor couple days in).. If you wanna use a Kanger tank, use the RBA deck. That works better..

I got the TCT and the Subverter coils in route to play with and see how they perform..
Then I'll be counting down the days till Starre Pro release lol
Let me know how the Subverter is.

MsFonty

Jun 4, 2015
Ok so its the Kanger subtank that is giving me resistance issues. I put the tank on, it reads 0.14 (which is a great vape), lock it, vape, and sit it down. When I pick it back up, the resistance reads 0.12 or 0.11, which is barely a vape. Then I have to power down, take the tank off, put it back on, etc repeatedly to get it back to 0.14 and a decent vape. Its annoying.

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Wow so many technical to read hahaha...my head spinning...

OK I don't have any otter tc mod to compare with but I have my thinking of the ohm reading going up and down. Sound me if I'm wrong.

When ever I install new coil it's read almost correctly (plus minus 0.1 or 0.05), after some time use when the coil start gunk up the ohm will increase about 0.03 to 0.1.

I got 2 tank, I swap between to change flavor. 1st thank new coil read 0.15, vape up a tank swap to second than tank vape some time than swap back to 1st tank, it read 0.18, some time 0.18 or 0.2 but it's stay steady of the that at either 0.18 or 0.16.

So am I judge it correctly?

Reactions: JeremyR

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Just my 2c here. I've been out of the tanks/RTA world for over a year. Been vaping bf drippers. I'm on my second tank of the included mega tank, using the ti coil head. I'm not seeing any significant res fluctuation. It's read as .41 initially, has dropped to .40 a couple times, then gone back to .41.

Not having any modern tanks to compare to, but the ego one certainly seems workable. It's no Odin, but I've got a Lemo 2 and a velocity clone on the way along with some ti wire. We'll see how those work out and I'll have a verdict on whether any of the reos are going on the classies.

Sent from my mobile

Reactions: JeremyR

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
Ok so its the Kanger subtank that is giving me resistance issues. I put the tank on, it reads 0.14 (which is a great vape), lock it, vape, and sit it down. When I pick it back up, the resistance reads 0.12 or 0.11, which is barely a vape. Then I have to power down, take the tank off, put it back on, etc repeatedly to get it back to 0.14 and a decent vape. Its annoying.

The Kanger NiOCC coils suck ...... They fluctuate resistance for the first day, then the flavor gets muted on day 3... Do a build in your RBA deck and you will be Soooooooooo much happier

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
The Kanger NiOCC coils suck ...... They fluctuate resistance for the first day, then the flavor gets muted on day 3... Do a build in your RBA deck and you will be Soooooooooo much happier
Agree. And I only use this coil head for fruity juice and 50/50 ratio only. Any other than that the coil head will only last for 2 tank 3 the most if I'm lucky.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
So is this resistance fluctuation only seem to be an issue with Kanger coils? Is this happening with rebuilding (either on the Subtank or RDA's)?

I really wish the Evic had upgradeable firmware. I suspect they will be coming out with a v2 in short order if this problem becomes a real issue. I suppose I should continue to wait before pulling the trigger.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So is this resistance fluctuation only seem to be an issue with Kanger coils? Is this happening with rebuilding (either on the Subtank or RDA's)?

I really wish the Evic had upgradeable firmware. I suspect they will be coming out with a v2 in short order if this problem becomes a real issue. I suppose I should continue to wait before pulling the trigger.
I don't get fluctuations from the mini rba head... But the vt doesn't like the v1 sub tank at all...occ or rba

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't have a VT yet but my experience with TC and tanks ohm fluxuations most often has been narrowed down to pre-built heads. I don't know if it's the rubber insulator not holding the wire secure enough or what but that's likely imo. I haven't had as many issues with RBA decks, likely because the wire is held securely with screws instead of wedged against an insulator.

Makes sence as it doesn't effect power mode as much where such small fluxuations aren't noticeable or often able to be detected but in in temp mode everything has to be absolutely perfect and remain perfect, any change no matter how small can cause issues. Adjustable center pins and spring loaded connectors have been another potential issue for me but they are easier overcome.

akeilo

Jan 30, 2015
I don't get fluctuations from the mini rba head... But the vt doesn't like the v1 sub tank at all...occ or rba
I have the v1 subtank with rba and ni-occs, and a VT is on the way. So I am really interested with your experience on the v1 subtank on VT with rba (lets take out the ni-occ as its reportedly problematic),

a) what ni-build have you tried on the v1 subtank rba (gauge, 2.5/3mm, ohm)?

b) have you tried pushing the tiny floating-pin on the v1 subtank base (as you know it snucks back in and gets out of the way) and if yes what difference did that make with VT?

cheers

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I have the v1 subtank with rba and ni-occs, and a VT is on the way. So I am really interested with your experience on the v1 subtank on VT with rba (lets take out the ni-occ as its reportedly problematic),

a) what ni-build have you tried on the v1 subtank rba (gauge, 2.5/3mm, ohm)?

b) have you tried pushing the tiny floating-pin on the v1 subtank base (as you know it snucks back in and gets out of the way) and if yes what difference did that make with VT?

cheers
My rba build was with 26 gauge, 10 wraps at just over 3mm. Comes in at .12 ohms, but on the evic ohms wanders just like with the occ heads with a resistance too low message when trying to fire. I left the pin alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread