Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The juice I use is quite clear an I'm ok with 4 days, but 2 coils a day is no bueno.. And the quality of vape isn't great either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! 2 coils a day; I misssed that part.

So are the coils just gunking up or are they burning out as in resistance changes alot?

Could be a coil issue; there may be a factory producing nr-r-nr coils that they soldered instead of welded; solder + vape are a bad mix.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Oh! 2 coils a day; I misssed that part.

So are the coils just gunking up or are they burning out as in resistance changes alot?

Could be a coil issue; there may be a factory producing nr-r-nr coils that they soldered instead of welded; solder + vape are a bad mix.

I finally switched to a Kayfun because I couldn't get good coils for Kanger or Aspire from any vendor.

Last edited:

sirminus

Jul 11, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Well, I spoke with the vendor of the new juice I've been getting. Very nice dood, but swears that it has nothing to do with his juice as I would imagine. I went to my local shop and picked up a small bottle to try out with a new coil... yes another new coil. So far so good with my local shop's juice but will know more most likely tomorrow if it holds up. Both juices are "genuine dekang" except the online vendor (who has 4 retail locations) rebrands the juice with their own label, my local shop's juice was sealed from dekang. Now with all the burnt coils, I had tried coils from 3 different shops and they all did the same... so I don't know.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Well, I spoke with the vendor of the new juice I've been getting. Very nice dood, but swears that it has nothing to do with his juice as I would imagine. I went to my local shop and picked up a small bottle to try out with a new coil... yes another new coil. So far so good with my local shop's juice but will know more most likely tomorrow if it holds up. Both juices are "genuine dekang" except the online vendor (who has 4 retail locations) rebrands the juice with their own label, my local shop's juice was sealed from dekang. Now with all the burnt coils, I had tried coils from 3 different shops and they all did the same... so I don't know.

Does the coil burn out or is it a matter of the coil gunking up and tasting different.

Topcoils need a twirl to wet the coil if you vape constantly for a while.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

2 Different Coils from 3 Different Shops seems to rule out a Bad Batch of Coils from you OEM.

Be sure to gives us an Update on how the Newest e-Liquid works.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Turn your tap water on hot, until it gets to the hottest it can get. Fill up a coffee cup. Drop your whole coil into it. Let is set for 10-15 minutes (every 5 min I just move it around with a spoon). Pull it out, dry off the outside and then burn the water off your coil/wicks (screw the coil in the the mod without the tank, and hit the on button for 3 sec's and blow on it then a 3-4 sec break in between, rinse repeat until the wicks/coils are not crackling anymore). That has been working for me. I do it every 2 days and can get 3-4 weeks from 1 coil. No big deal they only cost a $1.79. But if I can get the most use out of them I do.

Last edited:

sirminus

Jul 11, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Turn your tap water on hot, until it gets to the hottest it can get. Fill up a coffee cup. Drop your whole coil into it. Let is set for 10-15 minutes (every 5 min I just move it around with a spoon). Pull it out, dry off the outside and then burn the water off your coil/wicks (screw the coil in the the mod without the tank, and hit the on button for 3 sec's and blow on it then a 3-4 sec break in between, rinse repeat until the wicks/coils are not crackling anymore). That has been working for me. I do it every 2 days and can get 3-4 weeks from 1 coil. No big deal they only cost a $1.79. But if I can get the most use out of them I do.

This would be the dry burn thing? I've never heard of this until yesterday... wouldn't the burn damage the wick? Sorry for the dumb question, but every youtube video shows every coil/cart combo but the t2.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
This would be the dry burn thing? I've never heard of this until yesterday... wouldn't the burn damage the wick? Sorry for the dumb question, but every youtube video shows every coil/cart combo but the t2.

I'm not sure it's actually called dry burning. As your burning the coil/wicks when they are wet. It has not damaged any of my coils or wicks. It just cleans them off, make sure the coil/wicks are still soaked in water. Then when you are doing your 3 sec burn (rinse and repeat), blow down on the wick/coil, as you do this you will see your wicks and coil get whiter instead of black. Once all white, put a drip or 2 of liquid on the flavor wicks, as to not get burnt hits for few 1st hits. And you gtg. I have saved $$$$ doing this and not replacing bottom coils evey 2-3 days. As I said they only cost 1.79. But over a year that can add up to a good amount of money.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013

Yes; try dry burning one of the coils; sounds to me like bad coils burning out ; probably solder. If it is solder problem the places selling that stuff need to know.

Dryburn cleans the silica wick; the wick does not burn.

But if you coils are burning out like I think they are, they will not actually dryburn because they won't carry current; try it to see if they are really burnt out of if its a case of just gunking up.

If they are gunked up, dry burn will clean them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If the coil is still producing vapor it's intact. These days, a dry burn on a coil with silver solder legs might result in solder melting and opening up. The red hot coil is right next to the solder joint on each side. The solder joint is right under where the coil comes off the wick.

I wonder if we were better off when the wire was 100% Kanthal. Post insulator grommets burn, but are available in quantity from Kidney Puncher.

BTW, it's been two weeks and I haven't gotten a response from my email to Kanger service on the bad coil problem. I got an automated response the same day telling me that my email had been forwarded to their engineering department for evaluation.

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
I use a PT2 & I have bored out all the air inlets to 1/16" to improve air. Also using a air flow control valve with air inlets bored to 1/16". It improves air flow which improves cooling of the coils. My coils have been in there about 6 wks, 9 of them for 2 of us with no dead coils & no change in taste.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I use a PT2 & I have bored out all the air inlets to 1/16" to improve air. Also using a air flow control valve with air inlets bored to 1/16". It improves air flow which improves cooling of the coils. My coils have been in there about 6 wks, 9 of them for 2 of us with no dead coils & no change in taste.

Interesting! Where do you buy coils that last more than a day? Three suppliers I have ordered from all sell the same bad stock. They are all from different parts of the US.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013

I use the bases from my miniprotanks on my protanks; plus drill the miniprotank bases out for air.
302467d1391538435-hello-everyone-img_20140204_141115.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread