Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
United States, Scotland...
I came back to do my report and noticed this so decided to quote it as it's relevant

am new to RBAs, the coil i'm vaping now is about the 10th ever i have made, so my experiences are not those of someone who knows what they are doing. I own an AGA-T2 and an IGO-S

Not done hemp on the IGO-S yet, it needs the capacity of the cotton, for me, but i really struggled with mesh on the AGA so i decided to coil that. I'm not sure whether the centrepost got in the way or i wrapped my coils too tight but with 2x1mm hemp the wicking was pretty poor. So i added a china style flavour wick laid over the coil and wrapped around the other two wicks, dropping down through the fill hole. Looks a mess, but vapes like a champ. Only had it running a couple of days so can't comment on juice dirtying although it doesn't look like it is on mine, yes the top wicks are darker but there is nothing in the tank. Can still fill it through the fill hole with a pink needle.
seriously thirsty though, i reckon it's doubled my juice intake but i do feel much more satisfied off it and seem to vape a little less often.

running 13w on the vamo with a 1.6 ohm of 2 strand twisted 34ga kanthal (all i've got till my wire order arrives)

I too will never use silica again. Can't say i had any negative effects from it but i was never happy about using it just because of what it is, seeing all the fibres in the bags it came in and on the hands, seeing hairy silica wicks in people's atomisers.. not for me thank you very much. Hemp will do me nicely though i burned it and inhaled the smoke on purpose for years so anything from natural hemp really doesn't worry me.

So many LOLs on this post on so many levels...;) The Queen Is Highly Amused!!!
Bloody Hell, I almost had to change my knickers!:blush: Ssshh... Keep this privy as it could cause a "Royal Scandal" and on so many levels too...:facepalm:

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Sorry for being late on this, BJ I finally got around to using that 2mm hemp. I boiled it for about 20 mins changing the water a few times. I threw it in my nimbus with dual coils, 4 wraps of .5 ribbon over a 14 gauge needle. Ended up having to pull a few strands to get it all in.

Was using it unflavored for a bit (1-2hours) and the hemp flavor was still lingering. Not an unpleasant taste at all, but it was there. I got frustrated and blasted it with my Pipe DIY (Old Captain, SC from VZ) and bam no more hemp flavor lol.

I forgot how heat tolerant this stuff was. With other 'organics' you get a faster warning sign that things are getting dry and you need to drip. With hemp you can go and go and go and then its like...oh sh**t lol. Great stuff, thanks BJ!

EDIT: And thanks Vanessa ;)

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
How do you run the top wire off the coil back down to the base for the protank/evod? ive tried 3 times and i can't get it to not touch/short.

I make sure the top wire is the (neg) so it doesn't matter if it touches the side, that is a common negative, and then I make sure i get some filler, hemp or cotton between the wire and the coil so it won't make contact there.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
The more I think of it, the more it looks like a rebuildable carto to me.. Well, sort of anyway. Excellent idea BJ, gonna try that out soon.

You are correct and the carto system with the air coming thru the center of the coil is very efficient, I just don't like the carto fillers and their coils are very small. This is reinventing the carto...:D

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
You are correct and the carto system with the air coming thru the center of the coil is very efficient, I just don't like the carto fillers and their coils are very small. This is reinventing the carto...:D

Yep, same here.. Right now I'm having a fantasy where I take an old boge and morph it into a rebuildable.. Heck it might even work :cool:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
BJ I would ask where my sample was....but for the price and since I will get it from California probably a week or so faster than from you I will just order some :D

How is the flavor?
Unbelievable, I did wash it well with detergent before boiling but this is great. Here it is in a Fogger ....
Clic pic for video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread