Just the facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
This is a great idea. I asked a question awhile back and it got lost in the thread. I'm looking for witch's flavor suggestions. I have extremely picky tastebuds. I don't like clove or anise. I like Peppermint,a tad of menthol but I hate wintergreen and spearmint. I don't vapes fruits unless they're mixed with something other than fruit. Sweet stuff is out for me. For some strange reason I like Poeias Minty Gingerbread.

Peppermint Pillows - $7.50 : deejStuff eLiquid, The Apocalypse can wait... THIS sounds like what you may be looking for :)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
As far as flavors retiring, it was not done on a whim........all of the retiring flavors have sold less than 30 mls a month. We retired almost 400 flavors-our site had become a slow, bloated monolith. There were flavors on there that were simply taking up space and that is really not a good thing.

too much can be worse than not enough.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Howdy Clowder!

Finally got around to trying my Hecate's Dream.

Not sure who she is or how many pizzas she ate before bed to have such dreams, but...

This stuff is pretty good! Basically, if the description sounds like something you would like, you will probably like it. Don't be dismayed by the word "Espresso" in there, it is not an overly coffee heavy flavor. It's very nicely balanced and blended. The coffee makes for a nice base, the cream adds just a touch of sweetness, and it takes just a touch of tartness off of the very well represented blueberries.

Not overly sweet, not overly tart, and not overly coffee. Just a well struck balance that makes for a nice smooth breakfast vape or for any time of day.

I'm thinking Poeia might like this since she likes the coffee flavoring on the light side. Plus (IMO) this takes the coffee type vapes in a whole new and different direction from the cheesecakes and macchiatos.

The bad news? It's on the retirement list. So order some soon if you'd like to try it.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Howdy Clowder!

Finally got around to trying my Hecate's Dream.

Not sure who she is or how many pizzas she ate before bed to have such dreams, but...

This stuff is pretty good! Basically, if the description sounds like something you would like, you will probably like it. Don't be dismayed by the word "Espresso" in there, it is not an overly coffee heavy flavor. It's very nicely balanced and blended. The coffee makes for a nice base, the cream adds just a touch of sweetness, and it takes just a touch of tartness off of the very well represented blueberries.

Not overly sweet, not overly tart, and not overly coffee. Just a well struck balance that makes for a nice smooth breakfast vape or for any time of day.

I'm thinking Poeia might like this since she likes the coffee flavoring on the light side. Plus (IMO) this takes the coffee type vapes in a whole new and different direction from the cheesecakes and macchiatos.

The bad news? It's on the retirement list. So order some soon if you'd like to try it.

Check the coffee shop-I've done some beautiful coffees and they are much better than that one ;)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I've got two great coffees right now -- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake and Sybil's Obsession so I'm not looking for any new ones.

Three of my favorites are retiring.
Apricot/Raspberry Cheesecake - ApricotCheesecake isn't retiring nor is Raspberry so I can make ARC myself. (This one is NOT for you, Fran. Apricot Cheesecake is very, very sweet. I find adding Raspberry makes it less sweet -- which doesn't make sense as Raspberry is a sweet flavor, but it works.)

Poeia's Minty Gingerbread - The only reason this is retiring is because I bought up all the premixed Sweet Gingerbread when Deej stopped selling premixed. There was a lot of it and I've been free-handing it for a while. But I'm almost out of the gingerbread so I've already ordered Poeia's MG in the Thanksgiving and end-of-year sales. It may be saved yet. If not, my touch is not as deft as Deej's but I can still mix the two flavors. (Also not for Fran -- the Sweet Gingerbread is pretty sweet.) ETA: I just saw Fran's post about her likes and that she likes it. Peppermint isn't sweet so my guess is that it balances out the Sweet Gingerbread enough to make it good for her.

Fig Cheesecake - Fig is also on the chopping block so I may need to rescue this one. I can vape one ml a day of it, easily. I had it somewhat back-burnered for a bit but set up a new atty about a month ago and am still in love. Lush and delicious.

Fran, when you're looking for new flavors, don't forget to check Sybil's Secrets. Some of them look delicious. (They come in 40/60 and max VG only. When I started vaping I learned that too much VG gives me a stomach ache so I don't know if I'll try them but I might brave it for the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie.)

It looks like a few new flavors sneaked into the regular line-up during the reorganization. Peppermint Pillows, Peachy Mango Grape, and Peachy Mango Pineapple are probably too sweet for you but Minty Grey might not be.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Witch, do Sybil's Secrets include sweetener?

I'm sensitive to sucralose. It's hard to avoid in real life but deejStuff has so many great flavors that don't have it that I don't bother with the flavors that do. (It's my bet that whatever causes the problem between it and my system gets killed in the vaporization process, but it's easy enough to avoid them so I do.)

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Witch, do Sybil's Secrets include sweetener?

I'm sensitive to sucralose. It's hard to avoid in real life but deejStuff has so many great flavors that don't have it that I don't bother with the flavors that do. (It's my bet that whatever causes the problem between it and my system gets killed in the vaporization process, but it's easy enough to avoid them so I do.)

NOPE! I don't add sweeteners to any of my flavors because it gunks up my coils and I get really grumpy about that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread