Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm still not sure if this new box of pods is going to be rebuildable for me or not. A few posts up, I noted that recent pods, I've been unable to pull the chimney off, almost like it's been glued on. I broken the last few trying to do this.

I've been trying to kill my current pod, on day #14 with it right now using it as an ADV. It' still going strong, but I'm using unflavored 50/50 juice in it, I get really long life from wicks/coils with unflavored juice.

These are tiny little pods to rebuild, but not at all unlike rebuilding the old Kanger EVOD coil heads. I had a lot of practice with those, a long, long time ago. So the rebuilding itself is simple to me, I just can't remove the chimey on the latest ones. I do have to use magnifying glasses these days, but that's because my eyes are getting older, lol.

As far as suggestions, go, yes, hold the pod base onto the device to test fire it once you get the coil in place. Careful not to touch the coil and burn yourself.

I've never had an issue with leaking or dry hits, I've used varying amounts of KGD cotton. I don't use much cotton at all though. I peel the KGD pad in half (it's a little thick for wicking these pods), cut a very thin strip,carefully peel the other outer layer from the cotton strip, and slide it through. A little resistance, but not tugging on the coil. I don't fluff the ends out, just trim it to length, and 'tease' the cut ends just enough to loosen up the cotton that got compressed when cutting the ends. The cotton should be long enough to go down the sides of the chimney all the way to the base. I like it just where I can see the cotton out the bottom when I slide the chimney on. If you have too much cotton, it gets squeezed too tightly when you slide the chimney on, and it won't wick. I would try using less cotton if you are getting dry hits. It really just needs enough cotton in the coil to contact the coil. Shouldn't be a lot of resistance when pulling it through.

Also, what resistance are you using with the coils? Too low might burn the juice off quicker and it may not be able to keep up with wicking. I use 1.5ohm NR-R-NR wire into a 2mm coil and it's just perfect to me. Replicates the original pods perfectly. Higher resistances might help with dry hits as well.

Definitely more complicated than rebuilding an RTA, RDA, etc. Most of that is due to the small size though.

EDIT: Just saw you're using the 1.8ohm NR-R-NR wire from FT. I'm using the same thing, just the 1.5 ohm. I wish I had ordered both now. I used to rebuild my EVOD heads to 2.2 or 2.4 ohms and really enjoyed the vape with 24mg juices. I got the 1.5 since I was trying to stay close to the original pods which if I recall were 1.6ohm. I would probably like them at 1.8-2ohms myself.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WorksForMe

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I just picked up one at my local vape shop .
My initial hit (mtl) felt as loose as I remember cigarettes being but dayum what an exhale cloud for a pod. I'm using a 0 nicotine juice that the shop gave me (as in free) , because it was discontinued and the last bottle , to just try things out knowing the throat hit will match the amount of nicotine .
When side by side with a Cerberus the vapor cloud was the same whiteness but dissipated faster. Flavor was better in a tank but the fruit was still present overall, though not as intense.
Trying a direct lung was not as airy as the tank but still pretty darn satisfying.
Clouds with this pod system still require me to have a window down when driving but it did dissipate much faster when I thought it was gonna be a normal pod hit and exhaled with my windows up in my truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
One of these days someone is going to invent a rebuildable pod and it’s going to sell like crazy.
I am puzzled why rebuildable pods? They are designed so wrong to be rebuildable. Plus you have to rebuild using something very close to the same resistance. Sure I purchased lots of pods just to play with them. But they are pretty much fixed and you're stuck. There are rumors btw that someone is working on a Orion rebuildable pod. I get it and I am sure it will sell well. But there are seals and tight spaces and you need a screw driver to take it apart. Yeah whatever, as there is a better way.

If you are looking for tiny and rebuildable, there are plenty of them out there. One of my favorites is that Hana One mod on eBay for 15 bucks (well once he updates the quantity again). It even sports a real DNA40 board. It isn't quite as tall as a Minifit and not as fat as 2 Orions put together. And the mod only weighs 39 grams. Plus you use your own 18650 batteries. Toss on your favorite rebuildable on the 510 and you're all set. I tossed on a Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA and it is pretty small and super easy to rebuild. Flavor and vapor is great. I've never vaped on any pod that could do any better. ;)

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I am puzzled why rebuildable pods? They are designed so wrong to be rebuildable. Plus you have to rebuild using something very close to the same resistance. Sure I purchased lots of pods just to play with them. But they are pretty much fixed and you're stuck. There are rumors btw that someone is working on a Orion rebuildable pod. I get it and I am sure it will sell well. But there are seals and tight spaces and you need a screw driver to take it apart. Yeah whatever, as there is a better way.

If you are looking for tiny and rebuildable, there are plenty of them out there. One of my favorites is that Hana One mod on eBay for 15 bucks (well once he updates the quantity again). It even sports a real DNA40 board. It isn't quite as tall as a Minifit and not as fat as 2 Orions put together. And the mod only weighs 39 grams. Plus you use your own 18650 batteries. Toss on your favorite rebuildable on the 510 and you're all set. I tossed on a Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA and it is pretty small and super easy to rebuild. Flavor and vapor is great. I've never vaped on any pod that could do any better. ;)
I used to rebuild my Evods for better flavor and the VV battery was about the same mah (if memory serves) and this Minifit reminds me of the same draw and flavor so if I could make it even better besides the "why climb the mountain? " "because it's there" scenario I can see why to rebuild. My eyesight is too far gone to rebuild this unit but 10 years ago I'd have been all over it.
From the box mine reminds me of when I used an evod1/VV mod setup at 1/4 the length and weight

Reactions: BillW50

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Score69- Thanks for the wicking tops. I tried itwith the wick down the chimney until you could just see it at the base and had more dry hits. Maybe too much cotton. Since new pods wick fine, that is what I have been trying to duplicate. Very little length sticking out the sides then flatten and spread it kind of like a flower.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

So you know this guy on ebay, Bill? How do you know he'll have them in stock again?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
So you know this guy on ebay, Bill? How do you know he'll have them in stock again?
Because he has been doing this as long as I can remember. If he was really out, I would think he would end the listing. Otherwise why keep paying for a listing for something you don't have?

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
@BillW50
6D7E7A97-3037-4B8C-94D3-81E6B9E499F1.png

All joking aside though. I love my Nautilus AIO for convenience sake. I’m able to switch flavors on the go. However, I still need to buy coils as they’re a bit too finicky to rebuild. I really don’t care about ‘being stuck’ with the same resistance. That’s not the point of pods.

I had a Hana (V4) until the battery door mechanism broke. Definitely not as light or have to possibility to switch flavors on the go.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
One of these days someone is going to invent a rebuildable pod and it’s going to sell like crazy.
If you are looking for tiny and rebuildable, there are plenty of them out there.
@BillW50
View attachment 789677
All joking aside though. I love my Nautilus AIO for convenience sake. I’m able to switch flavors on the go. However, I still need to buy coils as they’re a bit too finicky to rebuild. I really don’t care about ‘being stuck’ with the same resistance. That’s not the point of pods.
I guess you missed my point. As there are tiny, convenient, and rebuildable devices already all around you. :(

• Love
Reactions: bask

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
What I found this week using the (as my twin brother calls it ) Misfit was in temps in the 30s 80/20 juices did fine whereas a juice I use that is VERY sugary gave dry hits after 3 chain hits even in room temperatures. The same juice does so in every tank I have except the Valaryan so it's definitely not a cut on the pod . On that temps note, with my 80/20s in the colder temps I get dry hits in my tanks if I don't keep them in a pocket but, as I said before, the Mini does not have the same dry hits when chain vaping in colder climates for me.
I am going to have to rig up something to set of an alert to where the darn thing is because I keep losing it. Other than forgetting where I left it,I used prominently this pod system at work this week and though the clouds weren't as rich and thick the flavor was darn close, side by side, with my higher wattage/usage/bigger battery mods/tanks.
To be disappointed that this tiny tank and battery doesn't match a Legend 200 topped off with a Falcon with M3 coil at 150 watts is like being upset that a rock doesn't bounce as high as a rubber ball when dropped but for what it is it's darn good at giving a delicious main flavor to complex flavored juices. I might not taste the hint of milk in my Captain Crunch but it's like eating straight from the box.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
While running a low grade fever thanks to the famdamily sharing the annual Christmas Crud I could not remember the name JustFog Minifit. My brain kept thinking "misfit". I kept thinking "justfit minifog" or misfit fusjog etc.

It sounds like a great little pod. Especially if production is high on the list of "has to". The thing with using a small device outdoors in cold climates is all of those pockets. As one adds layers they typically add pockets as each layer has them. And opening up the layers in order to pull out the pod from a shirt pocket has your breasts saying "close that pnuemonia hole dang it!!" That and "which one of the 22 pockets did I stick it in this time?"...

I keep mine in my trouser pocket in really cold weather. I wear loose fitting trousers with lots of stuff in them so even then it gets lost at times. But I carry 2 spare pod devices in my vehicle. So at those times where searching all 16 pockets comes up empty I do know another pod is available next time I'm near that.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
After reading so many positive reviews on here I bought two minifits and some extra cartridges!!!

I’m about out of nicotine base and instead of going with the freebase nicotine I’m going to get the smooth Nic salt from nicotine river as this should be better for the minifits...

I’m not sure however what flavors work best for the minifits? Can I use fruit flavors like TFA cantaloupe? I really love this flavor and it doesn’t gunk up my coils too bad on RTAs...

Any flavors to avoid? I stopped using all sweetners awhile back as I believe that kills the coils more than anything...

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Luke and Vader. Maul and extra pods are in the vapemail that hasn't arrived yet
20190112_180255~01.jpeg

The reason for the bands is so I can find the darn black one when I put it down and the blue one it also adds a little extra ergonomics for my fingers when vaping them.
The bands are some of my daughters hair bands that came from the dollar tree in about 10 colors and about a thousand of them for a buck .

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I just purchased one at a local shop. I've been using the same pod all day. This is little guy is enjoyable!! This form factor (not stick type) feels odd, but no biggy. My only complaint is flavor is a touched muted and the whistle sound drives me batty but....Im still happy. Ive lost count on how many pod systems I own (lol!!) but by most recent is the INFINIX. Terrible flavor by mid day. One more for the drawer I guess. Thanks everyone for the thread.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Back when I started vaping in 2014 I used eGo batteries and GreenSmoke cigalike batteries and with these two battery systems with a similar milliamp rating had a disclaimer when charging to not “overcharge.” Basically, once the battery was fully charged I was told you could do damage by letting it sit on the charger for additional hours so I tried to not charge while sleeping etc.

Are these Justfog Minifit batteries in the same boat where you gotta pull it off the usb charger ASAP when it’s full or does the battery have a “shutoff feature” or trickle charge feature perhaps that prevents overcharging and damaging the batteries?

I’ve been using 18650s for the past 4 plus years and those I just leave on the charger as I have a smart charger etc and there different batteries I’m hoping I can leave the Justfogs plugged into a micro usb for as long as I want cause that would be much more convenient.

Thanks

Reactions: My Batt Hurts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread