Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Anyone found that Mouth to lung on these Minis is just not working?

I think on the one hole setting it's pretty good for mouth to lung. I start my day with morning coffee that way. It's just that it's so awesome for lung hits at wide open or on the two hole setting that I kind of forgot all about mouth to lung because of this tank. I never thought this type of vaping would be my thing, but this thing just works so well out of the box and delivers such a good vape. This tank has changed how I vape.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kanger hit a home run with the Subtank series, but they are really missing the point with their upcoming mod. Have you guys seen this? I don't see any US vapers biting on this one. All they needed was a standard display to be a iPV Mini/iStick contender, but they really fumbled this one.
kangertech-k-box-mod.jpg

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
All they needed was a standard display to be a iPV Mini/iStick contender, but they really fumbled this one.

Maybe not. Remember, the mass market is just that, a massive market. Simple sells. Ask Apple. Ask Joyetech. And this is a response to the eGo One more than it is to the iStick.

Think of this as a VV twist in box mod form (and with mo' power). Plenty of stick battery users out there that find a VV twist about as complex as they want to go, but would really enjoy the vapor and flavor the Subtank Mini/Nano is capable of producing.

Those folks are not worried about the nuances between 25w and 26.5w, any more than they were worried about what temp their tobacco burned at. They're not enthusiasts, they don't care about ultra-fine tuning, resistances, voltage, and what's more they don't want to care.

They'll just find a setting for their tanks that they like among the Kbox's seven choices and leave it there, same as they found a cig brand they liked and stuck with it.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Kanger hit a home run with the Subtank series, but they are really missing the point with their upcoming mod. Have you guys seen this? I don't see any US vapers biting on this one. All they needed was a standard display to be a iPV Mini/iStick contender, but they really fumbled this one.

Maybe not. Remember, the mass market is just that, a massive market. Simple sells. Ask Apple. Ask Joyetech. And this is a response to the eGo One more than it is to the iStick.

Think of this as a VV twist in box mod form (and with mo' power). Plenty of stick battery users out there that find a VV twist about as complex as they want to go, but would really enjoy the vapor and flavor the Subtank Mini/Nano is capable of producing.

Those folks are not worried about the nuances between 25w and 26.5w, any more than they were worried about what temp their tobacco burned at. They're not enthusiasts, they don't care about ultra-fine tuning, resistances, voltage, and what's more they don't want to care.

They'll just find a setting for their tanks that they like among the Kbox's seven choices and leave it there, same as they found a cig brand they liked and stuck with it.

It's (almost) enough for us to try to encourage them all to rebuild which Kanger in some delusional moment seems to have decided to undertake…and be a part of. Because the simplest thing for them is to just keep rollin' in the coil bucks. My conclusion is they've gone contrarian on the rest of the producers, striking out on their own, but not on the potential. We on the other hand benefit from their doing so as the more of us, the more we stand a chance to force the regulators to back the hell off with sheer numbers.

The display form here is simple but different distinguishing them and likely matched in performance to their tanks. The form factor emulates the very attractive ZNA which most of us wouldn't spring for. If the performance is there (40W is perfectly adequate for most people) and quality that Kanger has demonstrated it could be a double threat. Plus I'd venture given Kanger's prolific nature that this is only the first shot.

I agree with vape, probably not enough for (me) most experienced vapers and specialized constituencies we have in vaping. But a lot of regular peeps are gonna like this vs. some of the smart moves like Smok's recent compact boxes.

Good luck all.

:)

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
So tried fiddling with the subtank more.

Doesnt work for ..... Have to twist out the bottom screw out way too much. Ohms are higher than they should be for the build. Six wraps of twisted 30 gauge on a 2.5 mm bit shouldnt be .28 it should be .13ish like my lemo which has exactly the same build.

I tried twisting around the screws. Didnt help make sure to cut the leads short so it cant touch the rest. Didnt help.

Hell tried a fricking kanthal build. No connection so its not the nickle. Urgh i almost lost part of the base while fiddling.

Urgh i am SO dissapointed in the subtank mini. RBA wont connect. Had to pull out the OCC plug out abit so it would make contact.

Urgh here are some pictures of the builds(the kanthal was just a quick test build) they should work perfectly but nope.

10422957_10206029141546812_1963375460708837679_n.jpg

10941009_10206029142746842_2890232319756901790_n.jpg

greenmonster714

Jan 10, 2015
Alabama
VaporBeast, coupon code “YEAHBABY” brings it to $35.05. Best I've seen so far...

Edit: Ooops. How about this one: VaporDNA, $33.29, coupon code "DNA10".

Yep, that's the deal I got. At that low a price I went ahead and got some coils with it. With six coils that can be rebuilt and the rebuild option I'm hoping this will be my primary tank.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
just got the subtank mini for $34 canadian +tx
using it on the mvp2 at 11watts, they didnt have a mod i wanted so need to get a higher wattage device soon but so far running well on the mvp, on long pulls the juice gets warm even on the largest airflow setting.
built my first rba coil 28awg at 1.4ohm rayon wick worked out well.

idk why but issue i have is hot spitback on stock occ 1.2ohm and rba coil on any airflow setting, my fix was i used ss mesh from aspire bvc coil and placed it into base where drip tip goes and drip tip on top of that, no more burnt tongue, well most of the time as some will get past the center hole in the mesh.

also changing airflow is little bit of a hassle as its hard to grip the ring to turn.
rba base is small and a pita to get wires screwed down

Last edited:

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
I just can't seem to do straight lung hits. I keep reading people talking about it and try here and there but it seems foreign... Maybe I just don't know how..,

I have to mention, and this is just me now, but I personally have found the Subtank Mini to not be ideal for the mouth to lung sect. Others haven't had that experiene, but for me, it wasn't great for that.

That said, I've started doing the straight lung hit method and while it feels really unnatural at first, I AM getting more used to it.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I have to mention, and this is just me now, but I personally have found the Subtank Mini to not be ideal for the mouth to lung sect. Others haven't had that experiene, but for me, it wasn't great for that.

That said, I've started doing the straight lung hit method and while it feels really unnatural at first, I AM getting more used to it.

Gotta agree red. It's a very diffuse, drier vaporization. I'm definitely a flavor vaper but I gotta have the vapor production too. My favorite config is the ZNA and the Immortalizer. Have four authentics and it's definitely not a cloud chucker. It is however the reference standard for flavor I use for comparison to all else…

407453d1422480103-kangertech-subtank-mini-img_1336a.jpg

I wasn't a real big fan OF the lung hit thing. But given the right density of vaporization about the most realistic expression of a real cigar or pipe experience I've found. Mouth-to-lung just wasn't doing it for me. Now the Immo above although the most authentic from a flavor standpoint falls way short where vapor volume is concerned by comparison. Yet I can easily get there with a tensioned wind and a quality RDA these days on most anything I own. That said because no clearo and most tanks I've tried don't come close. Although initially skeptical for the reasons you pose I'm starting to think Sub/Mini may have that kind potential.

Flavor and vapor production from a mass produced consumer tank…yeah, that would be a beautiful thing.

Good luck.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_1336a.jpg
    IMG_1336a.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6,480
Last edited:
Reactions: Oregon Linda

Cooney

Dec 27, 2014
South Carolina
am I the only one having issues with the base not making contact with the coils/RBA?

had to back out the plug on the coil that CAME INSIDE the tank and had to fiddle with the bottom of the RBA section.

big subtank didn't have this issue.

I was haveing the same problem on my rdna vaporshark becuase i use my lanyard loop between my tank and mod so I can hang it from my neck and it would not make a conection, so I took the positive pin out and swapped it with the ajustable positive pin from my 25mm kanger sub tank and no more conection problems. Hope this helps.

Cooney

Dec 27, 2014
South Carolina
I got my Kanger mini on the 1/26/15 and I will have to say I am loving it. I like it better than my atlantis and that is saying alot, the rba on the mini is sweet with a ni200 28 gage 9 raps on a 3/32 drill bit, build at 0.12ohms at 13.5 watts air intake wide open and the flavor and vapor is outstanding. The vaporshark rDNA 40 with temp control at 400 degrees fahrenheit and the kanger sub mini is a killer combo!!!!!!! Even with Mr. Miyagi jucie @ 70/30 it keeps up with no problems and the 4.5ml's of juce and one 18650 (samsung-25R) last me all day at work.......

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I got my Kanger mini on the 1/26/15 and I will have to say I am loving it. I like it better than my atlantis and that is saying alot, the rba on the mini is sweet with a ni200 28 gage 9 raps on a 3/32 drill bit, build at 0.12ohms at 13.5 watts air intake wide open and the flavor and vapor is outstanding. The vaporshark rDNA 40 with temp control at 400 degrees fahrenheit and the kanger sub mini is a killer combo!!!!!!! Even with Mr. Miyagi jucie @ 70/30 it keeps up with no problems and the 4.5ml's of juce and one 18650 (samsung-25R) last me all day at work.......

Ditto Ditto Ditto.......:toast:

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
I'm not sure about the mini so far. Have tried both coils, .5 and the 1.2, nothing special. Tried them from 8 to 20 watts. Taste is good, but to get good vapor I have to turn it up and its guite a hot vape. Will try the rba tomorrow and see what happens if I build my own coil.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
had it for a day, the threading for the base to the top is not the best

the 1.2 ohm coil was popping loudly even at 7 watts, its not the normal crackling sound but very loud pops, i noticed that when i was swapping between the rba and stock 1.2 coil.

so i swapped out the occ wick for rayon and so far its been much better, will test later w/the supplied cotton.
btw its fairly easy to rewick the stock coils as i dryburned the cotton to dry it up b4 removing it

i also did the rba w/rayon at 1.4ohms and thats been real good, small deck to work w/though.
i think ive bought my last premade coil, mo $ for other vape gear

edit: fyi if any1 has a prob w/the stock coils then leave the coils and just replace the wicking material, i used rayon for now and its been awesome, will try cotton later but idk the rayon is working out real good, w/rayon a little more is better
using mvp2 at 11 watts 60vg/40pg

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregon Linda

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
I can't wait to receive my Subtank Mini (it just left FT, so I'll have to bite my nails for another 1-2 weeks).

Having said that, I'm extremely curious if there's a way to make this tank more mouth-to-lung friendly. It's the only way I can vape comfortably - direct lung inhales seem close to waterboarding to me.
I understand that this atty is primarily oriented towards the subohming, DTL (direct-to-lung) crowd, which I respect mightily, but can't physically join: the tank is pre-fitted with the subohm OCC, as is the ready-made coil in the RBA head.
So I was wondering if some of you lucky ones who are already using this mini can help me with my MTL (mouth-to-lung) issue via a build of some sort. The 1.2 ohm OCC coil that comes in the box seems to be helpful for me, but many reviews specifically state it's still too „airy” for a satisfactory MTL draw - even at the minimal setting (1 hole).
What would be a good way to get a tight, dense draw? OCC rebuild? RBA rebuild? What coil? What wick? If possible, in millimeters, please! :)
One last mention (if it matters at all): it will sit on top of a Cloupor mini.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread