Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I got nothing.

Mine said it was in NYC the same day as the rest of you.

The shipping gods are not with me. I leave town again sunday, and have a bad feeling I will be going without this.

super big bummer. :(

hey...this is a NO WHINING Thread :laugh:

chin up OB......the Katana may very well arrive tomorrow :)

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I've isolated it down to two things. Slow wicking, and the top of the coil is literally a hair off of the coil. I looked it over when I got home from work with a magnifying glass and that's how I noticed one spot that isn't touching the coil.

Regarding the breather hole... It looks like it is positioned right between the two wire posts. I'll post a picture...

Edit: Adding picture. I really need to get this wicking issue worked out lol.

20120315_180507.jpg

Also, current wick/coil.

20120315_180816.jpg

20120315_180900.jpg

Loft, this looks really good. The hole placement there is Ok because it is in front of the short electrode and the hole is over that.

I can see that the wick is not really eps earned at all. This can take a day or two, but there is a shortcut :)

Put a fresh battery in the katana and put the fill screw back in. Tilt the katana nearly completely upside down then press the button and hold it. If the coil glows too hot put a drop or two of juice on it to keep it from overheating and popping.

Keep doing this for a minute or two. You will notice that suddenly the wick will start pulling juice very very fast. Faster than the coil can burn it off, it will literally start acting like a straw full of holes when it's time to stop.

At this point, let go of the button and tilt it back up. Your wick and coil should be almost completely "seasoned" at this point. Put the cap back on and test it. Your wicking issues should be a corrected and you should be blowing nice thick clouds of flavorful vapor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Thanks for all the good info lorderos! Mine has yet to come, maybe tomorrow, but I will be sure and look all this stuff over as I go. :)

You're very welcome. If you follow the tips I've posted carefully, you should be vaping happily in no time and have a great working Katana :)

If you have any problems that I have not addressed or are having a problem with one of my tips, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get whatever situation you are having resolved as quickly as possible :)

That goes for anyone else following the thread too.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
You're very welcome. If you follow the tips I've posted carefully, you should be vaping happily in no time and have a great working Katana :)

If you have any problems that I have not addressed or are having a problem with one of my tips, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get whatever situation you are having resolved as quickly as possible :)

what a nice thing to do for us lord......thank you

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Thank you all very much. I have learned alot about these devices through many experiments and trial and error. I am happy to pass along the knowledge I have picked up to help ease the learning curve for people just getting into these mods. To me they are truly the best vape available regardless of cost and I am sure most if not all of you will agree soon.

The real thanks goes to Raidy for having invented the Genisis and given it freely to all of us to make and develop into what we see today.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I am getting pulled by the GG enthusiast.......ie. fabric wick wrapped with wire VS the genesis enthusiast ie. SS mesh wrapped with wire

I am finding I like both. the GG iatty is smoother from the start....but still requires a break-in .... however the wick last a very short time in my experience.

The genesis is new to me but I have found it to be very.....forgiving? ..... easier to make the wick and it can be easily adjusted. It does taste of metal at first but that also goes away rather quickly ... break-in ..... and I am hoping for a longer lasting wick....like a week anyway LOL

At this time, I suspect I will use both, until something else tickles my curiosity :)

lexi60

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
utah
lord is truly the lord of these devices in my eyes.

thanks a ton for all your helpful advice!

Lorderos is truly a great guy!
I've learned 80% of what I know from guys like him, Riddle, to many more to name!
He's dealt with me for what? a yearish? lol. never once sent me in the wrong direction!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA

POC needs to put you on the payroll. ;)

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Was joking, but this is exactly the remarkable paradigm upon which my former employer built there business (we built Community software, which included forums among other things). There was a rule with the nomer 90/9/1, which meant that 90% of people will read a forum without ever registering. 10% would register and post to some level, but only about 1% of members became the type that really add value to the system as a whole. lorderos33 is one of those people.

Gotta admit, I had a slightly wrong impression of him long ago... the guy with all the exclusive mods and a short post or two that I interpreted as terse. You see a lot of these 'elite' types in fan forums... "I have all the best stuff and you sniveling weasels will be lucky to get a tidbit from me".

Couldn't have been more wrong. lorderos has been above and beyond helpful for a bunch that don't even have the mod yet! I sold my hybrid mini, thinking I'd never get it right, but there is no dearth of subject matter in this thread already. I'm stoked for my round 3 katana arrival and give it another go. Many thanks, lorderos33!

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Lorderos is truly a great guy!
I've learned 80% of what I know from guys like him, Riddle, to many more to name!
He's dealt with me for what? a yearish? lol. never once sent me in the wrong direction!

Thank you Lexi :). I am always happy to help others get the same enjoyment that I do from Genisis mods.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Was joking, but this is exactly the remarkable paradigm upon which my former employer built there business (we built Community software, which included forums among other things). There was a rule with the nomer 90/9/1, which meant that 90% of people will read a forum without ever registering. 10% would register and post to some level, but only about 1% of members became the type that really add value to the system as a whole. lorderos33 is one of those people.

Gotta admit, I had a slightly wrong impression of him long ago... the guy with all the exclusive mods and a short post or two that I interpreted as terse. You see a lot of these 'elite' types in fan forums... "I have all the best stuff and you sniveling weasels will be lucky to get a tidbit from me".

Couldn't have been more wrong. lorderos has been above and beyond helpful for a bunch that don't even have the mod yet! I sold my hybrid mini, thinking I'd never get it right, but there is no dearth of subject matter in this thread already. I'm stoked for my round 3 katana arrival and give it another go. Many thanks, lorderos33!

Thanks Erich, I apologize if I came off that way before. I have always tried to help others whenever I could though. I just got bit by the Genisis bug really early on in my vaping life :)

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I am getting pulled by the GG enthusiast.......ie. fabric wick wrapped with wire VS the genesis enthusiast ie. SS mesh wrapped with wire

I am finding I like both. the GG iatty is smoother from the start....but still requires a break-in .... however the wick last a very short time in my experience.

The genesis is new to me but I have found it to be very.....forgiving? ..... easier to make the wick and it can be easily adjusted. It does taste of metal at first but that also goes away rather quickly ... break-in ..... and I am hoping for a longer lasting wick....like a week anyway LOL

At this time, I suspect I will use both, until something else tickles my curiosity :)

I have the iAtty too and it never gets used. You will find that the wick in your Genisis will last you months, not days without needing to be replaced.

Depending on the juice you use and your vaping style you will eventually see the coil will get good and gummed up with carbon sludge (just like the iAtty).

The difference is that to clean the katana, all you will need to do is dry burn the coil till it gets food and hot and while it is glowing, run the coil under therapy or dunk it in a cup or cold water. The crud will jump right off the coil. Dry it up and do it a couple more times. The coil will be almost like new except for the nice "seasoning" you worked onto it during the initial break-in period.

Dry it off and fill it back up and you are ready to go another few weeks to a couple of months with no maintenance other than occasionally wiping out condensation from the top cap.

The Genisis is a different world than other rebuildables and I am sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from it :)

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Sooo here is a picture of the same spot that keeps glowing... wicking is still meh, think I need to roll another wick, maybe? I don't know.

20120316_004908.jpg

And no, the wick isn't touching the post and neither is the coil. It's a funky angle, I triple checked the posts/coil/wick to make sure there was clearance everywhere. Even tried building a new coil on that same wick and no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread