Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@muth Airflow-wise the KF5 Mini is positioned between the KF5 and the Prime, tending maybe more towards the draw of the KF5.

Eventhough the Mini is only a few mm. taller than the Prime (they're all 22mm. in diameter BTW), both the builddeck and the chamber are a little bit bigger, so you can use slightly larger coils, and some more Watts, allowing you to use more liquid too, as the juiceholes are a fraction bigger aswell. You'd build it more like a KF5, but the shorter chimney of the Mini creates more, and more dense flavour than the KF5.

The flavour however is hard to compare with the Prime, since both tanks do not give the same type of vapour. Also, i have only tried the SXK, Ulton and the YFTK Primes, liked the YFTK best, but still prefer the KF5 mini. I'd call that a matter of personal taste.

If you'd want MTL, stick with the Prime, KFL+ 2 or 3, the KFL19 or the KF Mini 3(+). If you'd prefer slightly more airflow get the KF5 Mini, for rDL get the KF5, for even slightly more air, get the KF5-2 which is almost a DL tank IMO. Never tried the KF4.

Flavourwise the KF Mini 3+ is my favorite, followed by the KFL+3 (somehow lost the +2), then comes the KF5 Mini, then the KF Prime, then the KF5, the KFL19 and the KF5-2. But this could very well be caused by how i build them and the liquid (50/50, 3mg, tobaccos) i use. And i have not given the KFL19 enough time, so my opinion might very well change in the near future on that tank.

If you'd want to get a KF5 Mini however, make sure you get the SXK version, since all other versions are utter garbage, especially the ST ones.
Thank you, that's quite a bit of information. I have two other friends who own truckloads of KF clones. I'm just recently getting into MTL so I appreciate any info on the clones. I guess I've become bivapor:p

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
@Leo Bak @smoked25years do you find that after topping off/filling your Prime you get a bit of gurgling until you take a few pulls? I have to take some pulls with the AF/JC still closed before I can open it up.

Not usually but it is a common problem with atomizers and even pods. I've pretty much eliminated any flooding with quality properly sized o-rings ...and a trick. Before I open or close the juice flow control, I invert the atomizer so that pressure doesn't pull e-liquid into the chamber.

turn the atomizer upside down --> close the juice flow --> turn right side up --> open the top cap, fill and close --> turn the atomizer upside down --> open the juice flow

Hope that helps.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Not usually but it is a common problem with atomizers and even pods. I've pretty much eliminated any flooding with quality properly sized o-rings ...and a trick. Before I open or close the juice flow control, I invert the atomizer so that pressure doesn't pull e-liquid into the chamber.

turn the atomizer upside down --> close the juice flow --> turn right side up --> open the top cap, fill and close --> turn the atomizer upside down --> open the juice flow

Hope that helps.
Phew, I'll have to rehearse that! :p

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I've pretty much eliminated any flooding with quality properly sized o-rings
I think I'll stop searching for holy grail o-rings and just buy the ones you linked for me. Thank you, smoked. Can you make my life a bit easier and list the common sizes I would need for my KFs. I have Prime, KFL, KFL+, Mini V3 Plus and KFV5.

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I think I'll stop searching for holy grail o-rings and just buy the ones you linked for me. Thank you, smoked. Can you make my life a bit easier and list the common sizes I would need for my KFs. I have Prime, KFL, KFL+, Mini V3 Plus and KFV5.

LOL! I have info handy for a few... Prime, V3 and V5... also Dvarw and Doggy.

Prime:
7x1.5
10x1
11x1 (qty: 2)
8x1
18x1.5 (qty: 2)
5x1.5
6x1.5 (qty: 2)

Dvarw 22mm
18×1 (qty: 3)
16×1
11×1
6×1

Dvarw 16mm
11×1 (qty: 4)
8×1
4×1

Doggy
16x1
8x1
6x1

k5-expl-eng.jpg
k19-expl-eng_1.jpg
kayfun-5-parti-di-ricambio.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@smoked25years Your previous conversation with Leo confused me with the size listings on the website. If I want 10x1 for the AF/JFC for the Prime, V5....How are they listed on the website? I'm used to measuring ID and OD. That makes the most sense to me because the difference is the thickness. Okay, I do see sizes listed as 10 x 1 like in your blow up diagrams. That would be a 10mm ID x 12mm OD and a thickness of 1mm. Just want to make sure I don't end up with 100s of wrong sizes, lol. I'll get out my KFLs and measure them.

BTW, I just bought a few from Madvapes and VapinUSA for $4.99 a piece! Madvapes had Ehpro and VapinUSA had Tobeco. Not bad, ey?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
@smoked25years Your previous conversation with Leo confused me with the size listings on the website. If I want 10x1 for the AF/JFC for the Prime, V5....How are they listed on the website? I'm used to measuring ID and OD. That makes the most sense to me because the difference is the thickness. Okay, I do see sizes listed as 10 x 1 like in your blow up diagrams. That would be a 10mm ID x 12mm OD and a thickness of 1mm. Just want to make sure I don't end up with 100s of wrong sizes, lol. I'll get out my KFLs and measure them.

BTW, I just bought a few from Madvapes and VapinUSA for $4.99 a piece! Madvapes had Ehpro and VapinUSA had Tobeco. Not bad, ey?

Yes, the measurements in my post are all IDxCS. O Rings and More organizes by material and then by CS and then by ID. That's the industry standard. The price varies with material and size but Buna 70 is around 5 cents per o-ring. Silicone is around 15 cents per o-ring.

Fasttech often doesn't follow the standard so you need to be careful.

Nice price on the old clone atomizers.

Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yes, the measurements in my post are all IDxCS. O Rings and More organizes by material and then by CS and then by ID. That's the industry standard. The price varies with material and size but Buna 70 is around 5 cents per o-ring. Silicone is around 15 cents per o-ring.

Fasttech often doesn't follow the standard so you need to be careful.

Nice price on the old clone atomizers.
A friend of mine gets all his o-rings from work. I might be able to procure a few;)(or many).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread