Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
You might want to take a look at the SXK KF5 mini, which has been my daily device for quite a while now, leaving all my other KF clones useless. It's a near perfect mix between the Prime and KF5. It has the spacier builddeck and wider airflow of the 5 and the shorter chimney of the Prime giving you a lot more flavor than the 5. Only few bad o-rings, no leaking at all. Combined with the decent machining that several SXK's used to have in the past. https://www.vapeyaya.com/index.php?_route_=sxk-kayfun-v5-mini-rta

I once ordered a Ulton KF5 here BTW and it seems they still sell them.
I've been asking everywhere if anyone ever ordered from Vapeyaya. I found them a while ago but knew nothing of them and was afraid to order. Would you recommend? Did it go smoothly? Are they China based? I thought they had a US warehouse.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
muth, I can't remember but I do think I know what you're on about.

Their the in the category that is used in food and pharmaceutical production, that I can remember. So I'll have to do some research and post what I find.
Hurry up! I'm having a KF breakdown. All of a sudden and "all together now" my KFs are having a revolt. Even my V5 with the new silicone ring, upper deck, is acting funny. I'll have to investigate.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Received my YFTK Prime and I'm really enjoying it! It looked very clean though I did wash it anyway before use. All the threading and machining is good. The small chamber size is not easy to build with my old eyes. I may need to buy a desktop magnifier. But it produces great flavor. Very pleased!
I know this is an old thread, too, and you've probably remedied the situation by now but for $10 I got a pair of Jeweler's Goggles. Can't live without them. Especially when you're trying to investigate a problem.

Reactions: smoked25years

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
muth, in the process of digging through bookmarks on my phone. So bear with me and I'll get those O-ring candidates posted.

And yes, O-rings seem to be of a really cheap quality with kind of a machine oil smell and taste to them. As I have got medieval on the SXK Prime and done a thorough cleaning so no oil contamination was present on the metal, plastic and O-rings of the tank. But when the O-rings are heated the smell and taste occurs.

• Agree
Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I know this is an old thread, too, and you've probably remedied the situation by now but for $10 I got a pair of Jeweler's Goggles. Can't live without them. Especially when you're trying to investigate a problem.

Thank you for the tip. I had just started building at the time. Now I could build blind folded! ;) But I could see them being helpful for others.

Thank you, Mordacai:)Living in the US, I imagine I can find them closer to home, no? I'll start digging around.....If I find a good vendor I'll post it for other US folks.

I think I bought mine from O-rings and More. The O-ring Store is another store that I considered.

• Agree
Reactions: muth

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I have some o-rings that are silicone and some that are buna (nitrile). The silicone is a bit slicker. The buna is a bit more durable. All of them are a lot stronger than the silicone and buna o-rings from China. The silicone from China is very different--it's super slippery and extremely elastic. The buna from China seems a bit more brittle.

I also like to replace the post screws with hex screws. Proper hex drivers never cam out.

IMG_2560.JPG

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I have some o-rings that are silicone and some that are buna (nitrile). The silicone is a bit slicker. The buna is a bit more durable. All of them are a lot stronger than the silicone and buna o-rings from China. The silicone from China is very different--it's super slippery and extremely elastic. The buna from China seems a bit more brittle.

I also like to replace the post screws with hex screws. Proper hex drivers never cam out.

View attachment 806543
Agree, I don't trust metal or any kind of rubber, plastic, silicone from China. Besides, their rubber smells.

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Do you think buying a set of various sizes of something like these or just ordering a set from Kayfun would be better?

The spares kit o-rings from Svoemesto are waaaay overpriced.

Svoemesto uses plain old NBR 70 (also called buna or nitrile). It's stated in the product information here:
Kayfun Prime – SvoëMesto

Buna 70 is the most common o-ring material. I've played around with both silicone and buna 70. I now use silicone on all parts except I use buna 70 for the air flow adjustment.

oringsandmore has free shipping over $15 and that helped keep the costs lower than others.

A Kyflon 3050 might well be worth a try for the seal that goes below the build deck. They are listed on Process Technologies as FDA and USP compliant and have the highest service temperature.

Then when we know that they work, a full retrofit is in order.

Your suggestions are nicer than what is sold by Svoemesto. You have good taste. I suspect it will be more expensive than the equivalent NBR 70 and silicone o-rings that I bought or the overpriced Svoemesto spares kit.

I'd love to hear a positive outcome of trying to deal with these companies but some of them may require large volume orders.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
That's a good point smoked25years, they will probably require you to buy a large volume.

That's why I think that going for a replacement for under the build deck first is the most sensible option as this seems to be the one that gives you the most issues and has to endure the most punishment.

I'm trying to find a supplier that would sell smaller volumes ideally, but it looks like either way round you'll have to contact the manufacturers.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
That's a good point smoked25years, they will probably require you to buy a large volume.

That's why I think that going for a replacement for under the build deck first is the most sensible option as this seems to be the one that gives you the most issues and has to endure the most punishment.

I'm trying to find a supplier that would sell smaller volumes ideally, but it looks like either way round you'll have to contact the manufacturers.
It would be great if one of these companies sold a various size kit like Buna does for about $25. Or......I'd be willing to go in on a large order. As long as it's not like 10,000 o-rings, lol. Some of these companies offer free samples if all else fails.

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
I need to find the name of these special o-rings I found that are high heat resistant and superb quality. Different from what I've seen before. If you know what I'm talking about, by all means.......
MBR70 o-rings are what you might be looking for.
Checkout Our Buna 70 Orings | Orings And More.

Here are the inner diameters of all o-rings:
K1GEA2Y.jpg

So if the picture says 18*1.5 then get a 21*1.5 o-ring, and for 11*1 you'd need a 13*1 o-ring, and so on..

I've been asking everywhere if anyone ever ordered from Vapeyaya. I found them a while ago but knew nothing of them and was afraid to order. Would you recommend? Did it go smoothly? Are they China based? I thought they had a US warehouse.
Yes they are China based and i ordered there numerous times without any problems, so did several people i know. Excellent shop.

I realize this is a Prime thread but has anyone tried this KF from FT? It's one of those no clones because KF never made a Mini V3 Plus. It looks like a Svoemesto Mini V3 but it's 22mm instead of 19mm.

$12.48 Mini V3 Plus Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + glass / 24mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Yes i have a few of them and they are excellent. Very much like the standard V3 minis, but can hold more juice and can take slightly more air, eventhough you need to adjust the airflow by removing the 510 screw and bottom plate. They are close to 24mm BTW.

These wrenches are very useful to adjust the airflow

9628916-2.jpg

$1.58 RC Car Cross Sleeve Wrench Demolition Tire Vehicle Model Tool (2-Pack) 2-pack - used in 4/5/5.5/7mm screws & nuts at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread