Should I just get a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinP47

Apr 3, 2012
Louisiana
I recently ordered the stainless steel lavatube from apollo and was about to order the silver bullet from altsmoke when i realized that if i added up all the money i was spending on the two devices i could just get a provari and everything i need for that. Is it a better idea to have the lavatube and silver bullet or should i just go ahead and have only the provari? Opinions needed. Thanks.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
If you can afford it, grab the Provari. In my opinion it is second to none.

That being said, its ALWAYS a good idea to have backups, even with the amazing track record the Provari has, on the off chance something happens or your lose it, it's nice to have a backup.

Can you go wrong with a Provari?... personally I don't believe you can.

I'd say grab a Provari and get a eGo passthrough for $20 as a backup.

Ryan

Richkellett888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
Santa Fe Springs, Ca
I have the lt and 2 ProVaris on my way to my third. I think the lt doesnt even come close to the quality of the Provari Its nice to have as a back up and I keep it just to remember what I started with and even use it once in a while. But If you can get a ProVari GET IT! you can't go wrong with it!
R.:vapor:

DustinP47

Apr 3, 2012
Louisiana
Get the Provari:) It will satisfy you and you'll have vv. Get the LT as back-up.

The problem with that is I have enough money to get the lt and sb Or the provari. if i get the provari then i have no money left over. Also would it be better to get everything i would need from provape or just the actual device then get the accessories and everything from a different vendor? If it would be better to get them from a different vendor then do you have any reccomendations?

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Perhaps you can keep the 510-T as your backup? Personally, I highly recommend the Provari. My suggestion would be to order a Provari with red led and extension cap. You can order two 18650 AW IMR 2000 mah batteries from Super-T for $10.95 each and the TR-001 charger for $11.75 from them also (it works perfectly for me) and their shipping is cheap. That way you won't delay your Provari order waiting for the accessories to be in stock (Provape is very busy right now).

You will NOT be disappointed!

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I can get 3 or 4 LT's for the price of one Provari..I like to have more than one device with a flavor ready to go. So if I bought 4 LT's 4 batteries and a charger it would cost close to the same as a Provari kit. If I bought 2 LT kits for the price I paid for mine and 2 LT's alone I would have 4 LT's 4 batteries 2 chargers 4 atomizers for a little less than a Provari kit. When Provape comes down to earth on prices I will consider buying one but I still don't like the idea of 1 button to do all the functions...

Last edited:

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The menu on the Provari with 1 button is very simple and will become intuitive quickly:) The construction, design and reliability of the Provari vs the LT is like comparing a diamond to a cz, LT owners don't bash me........I use the mini LT's when out and about cause I'd hate to drop my Provari or .......gasp.....leave one somewhere....or have some fool steal it:( The LT's are a thrifty way to dip your toe into vv vaping........I use one daily and enjoy them for what they are:)

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
I've owned a Lavatube and now own a Provari and I can tell you it is night and day between the devices. I had issues with my Lavatube's button, it would require quite a lot of force to get the LT to fire (well past the audible click). I disliked how the buttons would rattle and also that the 510 connection was crooked, the batteries that came with the kit had a horrible life span (4-5 hours of light vaping @ 4.5v) for 1600mah "AW IMR" batteries (which by the way were generic flat tops with no markings and are certainly not AW IMR), overall the device just felt cheap. The Lavatube would also drain these batteries down to 2.6v before ceasing to function! This will surely shorten the lifespan of your batteries if you are not keeping an eye on the voltage. The Lavatube does not hold a constant voltage, if you set it to 4.5volts you get 4.31v ,4.26v ,4.10v ,4.02v and it keeps dropping, it also does not act well with Dual Coil Carto's, it doesn't matter what you set the voltage to you get some pitiful amount in the 3.3v range.

The Provari is built like a tank, and from what I've read/seen it seems to last forever (and hold its value 2nd hand). Heavier and smaller than the LT and the AW IMR 18490's that came with it seem to last me over a full day of vaping. The fit and finish is impeccable and the menu system is extremely easy to use. If you set 4.5volts on the Provari you get ... 4.5volts, and it doesn't move from there, a constant voltage to me just increases the quality of the vape (there is no variation). The Provari will also fire Dual Coil Cartomizers properly.

Basically in life you get what you pay for.

Would you rather own 4 Honda Civics or a Ferrari F-430...

As long as you have the funds without putting yourself in debt or having to put off important things like rent / food I'd say go for it. After owning a Provari, I do regret purchasing the Lavatube in the first place.

Just my :2c: anyway, your mileage may vary.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Eventually, I will get a Provari. I'm one of those who have paid top dollar for electronics, only to find that a wait would result in huge savings and feature bonuses as competition drove prices down. For instance, Provari V2 is now at 3.5 amps from the original 2.5 amp version. That opens up dual coil usage without over current shutdowns.

Still, I want one. I just can't seem to let go of the fist full of dollars they want for it. Right now, I see technology increasing and many competitive models at lower prices. It's only a matter of time until China develops the right chip and smooths out the workmanship.

This is updated frequently and is worth a look from time to time to see what's available. It has color pics, specs, reviews with ratings from zero to 5 stars in several categories, and MSRP on all models. Click Tube, Box, Custom, or whatever category you are interested in.

http://www.ecigarette-mods.com/

Last edited:

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I have a Provari and LOVE it!!! At first I was trying to decide between the Darwin and a Provari. I was leaning toward the Darwin mainly because of being more pocket friendly and didn't have to keep pushing buttons all the time. Well the Darwin was out of stock and knowing at the time I would eventually end up owning both anyways I of course ordered the Provari. Turns out the button issue isn't a problem after all. Although I still plan on getting a Darwin for work.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
@Zenataos Sounds like you got a bad knockoff LT..the batteries that came with mine appear to be Sanyo ur18650w and they last more than a day at 4.4v even with fairly heavy use..I've had none of the issue you describe with my LT..it seems well built for the money.

BTW you could buy more than 10 new Civics for the price of the used Ferrari..a better comparison would be 4 new Corvettes to one Ferrari..I would take the Corvettes. You could even get 1 new Corvette ZR1 2 new convertibles for the price of a used Ferrari...

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
I was in the same boat last weekend...my epower was acting up and was seriously contemplating the ss lavatube but didnt want the problems with another cheap chinese mod...

youll probablly end up with a provari so just cut out the bs and wasted money on cheap mods and get a provari... u quit smoking! your a vaper now and deserve the best equipment which may seem like alot but look at the money saved on analogs..... this is what i told myself.

i ordered mine on a fri...it shipped 2 hours later and was i my hand monday.

once you hold it you will be happy you ordered one...they reek of quality! The one button menu is simple and highly effective. i threw a cheap smoktech tank on mine with the 3 hole 3 ohm single coil xl cartos and it looks and feels great...the quality of these is amazing, cant go wrong with one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread