• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kiosk in the Malls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
Hey, profit is profit. LOL I don't know, it was just a thought becuase it would be nice to have a local vendor. Even though our cig guy lost a couple of customers, I doubt he's too concerned. He sells Seneca at $28 a carton, which equates to $2.80 a pack. He's the cheapest place we could find. (just a side note: yesterday was our "cigarette day" that we would have gone to him and bought 5 cartons. Nope. We still have the same 3 cartons we had when went 2 weeks ago and there's only 4 packs missing from one.)

As much as I'd love to try selling them myself, I just don't have a) the start-up cash; b) the time; and c) the type of personality one needs to be a salesman. I couldn't sell ice cubes in h*ll. :laugh:

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
The unit itself produces good vapor and, come to find out, the batteries work with my 510 atties. I think they may actually be 510 auto batteries. The cartridge capacity, however, sucks dog doo. You get maybe 8-10 good hits before it totally weakens and then you can probably get 4 or 5 more dry, flavorless almost vaporless hits before it starts tasting burnt. Yes. Bad. Inside the carts are a very tiny rubber bowl that you can stick about 1/4 inch piece of fill in and get maybe 5-6 drops before overfilling. I sucked juice every single time, even with the prefilled ones that came with it. Filling it myself yielded a little more vaping time but not much.

The sad part is she sold me on 1 cart = 1 PACK of analogs and the batteries will last 24 hours. The even sadder part? I believed her. :blink:

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
It's a big learning curve, Luvs, many people have had your experience. Don't beat yourself up about it too much (except for the cash loss, that always hurts a bit).

Many people don't like the capacity of the carts on a 3 piece setup; they eventually switch to dripping, cartos or even juice-feed mods. There are some vendors selling XL (or mega) carts, though, for the 3-piece crowd (510s and 401s I have definitely seen). I'll post some links when I come across them again.

It takes a lot of research, patience, trial-and-error and cash (at first) to find the PV setup that works for you. But it's all worth it and you'll get there!

Happy vapin'!

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
The sad part is she sold me on 1 cart = 1 PACK of analogs and the batteries will last 24 hours. The even sadder part? I believed her. :blink:

It's too bad that the kiosk vendors and some e-cig manufactures are still perpetuating this myth that a filled cart equals a pack of analogs. It never was true and it never will be. Buying pre-filled carts is a waste of time and money and will send thousands of new people back to their analogs thinking e-cigs don't work. Its a shame.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
Yes, that was my thought, too. It worked enough to get me curious and do more research, which led me here, though, so there was a silver lining but I imagine many, many people try them, feel like they got scammed and never look back.

My husband stops at a new package store (on Ladson Rd? College park? I can't remember) a few times a week after work and there was an employee he got into a conversation with who used e-cigs for a while but went back to tobacco. She told him she was tired of buying over-priced carts that didn't last as long as she was told and she was buying $60 batteries every month because they would stop taking a charge. Buying one battery and enough carts to last you a month from this company would be about the same or higher cost as buying a pack of name-brand cigs per day. He didn't ask her but I bet she got hers at the mall, too. She used them for a few months but got completely and understandably frustrated. I told him the next time he sees her, to give her my email so I can talk to her and refer her here. He says he's only ever seen her that one time but he will the next time he sees her.

This is what these mall kiosk companies are doing and it's very troubling.

kaderick

ECF Veteran
Thought I'd drop a note about going to the mall today! I stopped my my local mall today and when the e-cig wannaby guy asked i I wanted to try Vaping I casually wipped out my new mega batt(1300mAh) And took a nice draw flumming vape about like he must have never seen, judging by his jaw drop. He was like WOW what is that? How long does it last? Then he actually tried to get me to try his and pitch me on its size and 8-10 hour life. I LOLed as I said then this would last you a month if you get 8 hours out of that. I asked if he had any e-juice and he said of course as he pulled out his box of 20 5ml bottles, Which he said he sells for $20. Laughing again I Handed him a 10ml bottle and said I illed this outa my 60ml 36mg bottle wich I paid $13 for. Again with the jaw drop he proceeded to ask if he could sample it, and got a cartridge out and topped it off. I asked so how long will that last you as he squeezed about 5 drops in it he said about a pack of smokes worth, several hours. I then wipped out my ego kit with and a blank cartomizer and showed him what a 25 drip fill looked like. he then asked what that was! My wife started to say something about having to go as the man again insisted that 5 drops would last hours! I then told him that my ego and the carto should last him weeks then. As my wife drug me away he asked where I bought my stuff and how much it was so the wife laughed and told him that I had spent less on everything I showed him then I could by one of his kits for and that he was ripping people off do to his lack of knowledge on his product and that he should take a look Ivape.net or madvapes.com. The man then politly handed me his card and asked me to call him sometime when I could talk more about what he should be carrying in his mall kiosk, and where to get it from. Thought I'd share about the silly man at my local mall.

Funny you should say that about mall sales.
I had gone to my local mall tonight to look at the kiosk and try to observe.
Once again, I go there and the kiosk is wide open, but not manned. 2nd time this has happened. I wonder how they stay in business when noone is there half the time

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Then he actually tried to get me to try his and pitch me on its size and 8-10 hour life. I LOLed as I said then this would last you a month if you get 8 hours out of that. I asked if he had any e-juice and he said of course as he pulled out his box of 20 5ml bottles, Which he said he sells for $20....... snip

I often wonder if these ...... at the mall actually use their product.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I wonder how they stay in business when noone is there half the time

Because the one at my local mall sells kits (Smoke51) for $129 and 15ml bottles of juice for $60. Yep...no joke. My boss and I stopped and watched the salesman (crook) sell a kit to some poor guy about to go to the ATM to pull more cash. We got in the guy's face and grilled him on ripping people off. Hopefully that customer was paying attention. Other store employees and mall shoppers sure were...LOL. I'd love to see these kiosks shut down. No....burned down.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
Well, I went out to the flea market and set up a table for a few hours. I passed out some brochures and got to meet some nice folks.
I saw several brands as some would show their goodies and even got the earful of I quit cold turkey, everyone else should too.

I did find a inside booth that was marketing No7, but they were closed with a sign saying they were moving to Old Trolley Rd in Summerville.
Any of you local folks know anything about them?

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Folks,
even got the earful of I quit cold turkey, everyone else should too.

These pious folks can be as bad as the never-smoked, smoking-Nazi's can't they? Sometimes, I think that they are just jealous because we have an alternative that wasn't available or not appealing to them for whatever reason.

Good for them, but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread