Kroma/Zenith Coil Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi, I quit smoking 4 years ago thanks to vaping and have been vaping with an eLeaf iStick Basic but lately the coils have been burning quickly. I am a MTL vaporer and use 3mg Red Drop which is 50/50 from Mountain Oak Vapors. I was told that the Kroma/Zenith kit would be a good option. I am not a cloud chaser, just use an e-cig not to smoke anymore. I am not a big fan of VV/VWs but the Kroma seems easy enough. The question I have, being a MTL with 3 mg, which coils should I use, the .8 or 1.6 and what VW would use normally start with? Thanks so much for your time. Mark

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi, I quit smoking 4 years ago thanks to vaping and have been vaping with an eLeaf iStick Basic but lately the coils have been burning quickly. I am a MTL vaporer and use 3mg Red Drop which is 50/50 from Mountain Oak Vapors. I was told that the Kroma/Zenith kit would be a good option. I am not a cloud chaser, just use an e-cig not to smoke anymore. I am not a big fan of VV/VWs but the Kroma seems easy enough. The question I have, being a MTL with 3 mg, which coils should I use, the .8 or 1.6 and what VW would use normally start with? Thanks so much for your time. Mark

Which one works best for you will depend on what you prefer. If you like your airflow settings tight on that tank, then you will probably prefer the 1.6 ohm, but if you like the airflow set a little more open, then the .8 ohm will likely do better for you.

With a 1.6 ohm your generally going to want to set your wattage around 8 watts, (although you might like to start at 7) and see if you need to turn it up some. Generally you start low and then slowly turn up your wattage until you find the setting you feel works best. And if you go too high and get a burned hit just take it back down some. You may end up around 13 watts, or you may like it a little lower.

Your .8 ohm coil you'll likely want to start at 11 watts and go up until you find the best wattage, you might go up around 16 or 18 watts on that - your tastes depending.

Just remember the Zenith tank has a break in period of 1 to 1-1/2 tanks which means you won't get the best flavor out of a coil until you've vaped through at least a tank. This means you might want to set a coil fairly low (maybe 10 watts on the 1.6 ohm) through that first tank and then adjust further after the break in period is over.. that way you know for a fact your setting is a good one or not.

Then once you have it, you will have it. Every coil will be about the same so you don't have to worry about it after the first one, you can just go right to the setting you found you liked best.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
The 1.6 will have a tighter draw and you will use lower watts. This thread should help.
Which one works best for you will depend on what you prefer. If you like your airflow settings tight on that tank, then you will probably prefer the 1.6 ohm, but if you like the airflow set a little more open, then the .8 ohm will likely do better for you.

With a 1.6 ohm your generally going to want to set your wattage around 8 watts, (although you might like to start at 7) and see if you need to turn it up some. Generally you start low and then slowly turn up your wattage until you find the setting you feel works best. And if you go too high and get a burned hit just take it back down some. You may end up around 13 watts, or you may like it a little lower.

Your .8 ohm coil you'll likely want to start at 11 watts and go up until you find the best wattage, you might go up around 16 or 18 watts on that - your tastes depending.

Just remember the Zenith tank has a break in period of 1 to 1-1/2 tanks which means you won't get the best flavor out of a coil until you've vaped through at least a tank. This means you might want to set a coil fairly low (maybe 10 watts on the 1.6 ohm) through that first tank and then adjust further after the break in period is over.. that way you know for a fact your setting is a good one or not.

Then once you have it, you will have it. Every coil will be about the same so you don't have to worry about it after the first one, you can just go right to the setting you found you liked best.

Thanks
Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread