Status
Not open for further replies.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I have also read and seen photos that the vent hole is extremely small. To go on, the vent hole is said to not travel all the way through the end cap, rendering the safety feature either useless or shoddy at best.
No vent hole and possibly a dangerous battery. I also own a provari and was thinking about buying one of these for a back. Now I know this is not a company I want to do business with. I want a dealer that knows what he is selling.

Last edited:

lordpeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
St. Louis
Well awesome I have some fake aw's and had no clue whatsoever. I started vaping using Volcano's 510 pcc and was always pretty happy with their products and customer service.

I am however pretty disturbed that I had no clue about this issue until I just happened upon this thread on ECF today. Maybe contacting the people who purchased the product with these fakes and telling them that the battery might not be safe to use should be added to their SOP?

That being said, I have had no problems with the batteries and been pretty pleased. I am now paranoid of my pocket melting or my pv exploding while I drive...so I want to get some safe batteries for this device.

People have put lots of listings on where to buy the aw button top imr 18650s...but my question is who has the lowest price?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

People have put lots of listings on where to buy the aw button top imr 18650s...but my question is who has the lowest price?

I like Super-T because I Know I'm going to get a Real Battery. Sometimes the Cheapest Price isn't the best if they are Old Stock or Knock-Offs.

I'll pay $1.89 more from someone I trust.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
The website just says "Flat Nosed IMR High Drain 18650 rechargeable battery"

No where do they mention anything about these not being safe or anything about the fake scandle or about being able to send them back for replacment.

My bat actually still has the sticker residue left from when they peeled off the "AW" sticker.

I'm sorry, but that just seems like shady buisness practice to me. I would stop selling them alltogether untill the new bats are in, or at least TELL customers whats going on.

I'm brand new to mods and batts, thought I did enough research prior to purchasing, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I just ordered a few from superTmanufacturing. Thank you to everyone who helped! :) Keep on vaping

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas

No where do they mention anything about these not being safe or anything about the fake scandle or about being able to send them back for replacment.

My bat actually still has the sticker residue left from when they peeled off the "AW" sticker.

I'm sorry, but that just seems like shady buisness practice to me. I would stop selling them alltogether untill the new bats are in, or at least TELL customers whats going on.

I'm brand new to mods and batts, thought I did enough research prior to purchasing, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I just ordered a few from superTmanufacturing. Thank you to everyone who helped! :) Keep on vaping

Yeah, they didn't drop them from available Sales until this past Tuesday when Mike stated in the Volcano forums that "at best, these could be unprotected Li-Ions". All orders up until that post were still having the batteries sent out, because they were under the impression they were still IMR's.

I can't wait for my genuine AW's to get in from Super-T. I *think* the LT will perform even better at that point, now that it will have an actual high drain battery running on it, instead of my protected batteries at current.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West

Popeye.... Here is a link to the Volcano forum on the subject... The Official Volcano E-Cigs Forum • AW Battery Issue : Lavatube Technical Issues

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
FYI This was posted on the volcano forum earlier today by Shadow Rhelm (CS Manager)

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 am

The batteries are safe to use with the Lavatube. Because the Lavatube has safety circuitry it will do the protecting, Instead of it coming from both the battery and the Lavatube. We are offering the refunds, credits, and replacements with true AW batteries because of the simple fact that our customers did not get what they paid for (neither did we). That is certainly not what Volcano is about and we could never lie to our customers or put them in danger. These are safe for use in the Lavatube. I am actually using one right now. I have 3 kids (5,10, and 13) as well as 4 dogs. I would not put my kids or my animals in danger and certainly not myself.

The charger does have a safety circuit. These batteries are safe to use on the charger as well. I actually have 2 of these chargers and use a variety of batteries on it to charge.

Thank you for your understanding and support. That means a lot. It is understandable that people have found frustration in receiving something other than what they purchased. We are dedicated to our customers and will do all we can to make this right. I am personally making sure each and every one is handled as promptly as possible with out hassle.
Thank you also for your kind words. I would hope that Volcano has proven time and time again that our number one concern is our customers. There may be many companies out there that will do anything for a buck, we are NOT one of them. While it has been a PITA and certainly could not have come at the worst time of the year, our biggest concern is our customers. There is nothing we would not do for you all and we are happy to immediately take care of this. There is nothing more important than moral fiber, something in which we posses. We are all very sorry for this situation and are very sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused. LINK

Sublym1

Apr 29, 2011
Ewa Beach, HI
Just a heads up for anyone waiting on a reply for a ticket submitted to Volcano for the AW battery issue. There is currently only one person that handles the ticketing system there. Volcano has about 6300 members registered on their forum and probably more than that registered on their store site as a customer. It will take some time to go through all of the tickets submitted. Not just the ones for the AW battery issue, but also the ones that they receive on a daily basis regarding other matters. When you submit multiple tickets for the same issue, it causes a backlog, which in turn will lengthen the delay of any replies. The best way to go about it is to use the same ticket that you first submitted and just add to that one. That will make it much easier for them to get back to you in a timely manner.

SteveMacc

Feb 17, 2011
Manchester, UK
Seems to be a bit of confusion about who made the batteries. There are two parts to this - the cell and the final package.

There are not many candidates for cell manufacture here as it is not something you do in in shed. Sony is the biggest manufacturer and Panasonic probably makes most of the rest. Panasonic took over Sanyo a couple of years ago and is intending to drop the Sanyo brand name in 2012. How many Chinese plants are controlled by the Japanese is anybodys guess, but I would think that most the them supply Sony or Panasonic.

Now when we come to the batteries you and I buy, it is a different story. Most of the 18650 Li-On cells made by Sanyo/Panasonic end up in in laptop battery packs. They are a bare cell and not useful for an e-cig. What the manufacturers like AW and Ultrafire do is take the bare cell and add protection circuits where needed, end plates and coverings, then sell them to you and me. So far, so good. AW will buy top quality cells from Panasonic, so the end product will be good. However, Sony, Panasonic et al will have rejects that fail QC and the plants that made them possibly sell these on cheap with, possibly, various warnings about what not to do with them. This is where cheap generics and the knock off shops come in.

What is particularly bad in this case was the deliberate counterfeiting of the labels in a stupid way (i.e branding something that the original maker doesn't even sell) and using a completely different chemistry cell.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Steve do you have any idea who the original manufacturer is for the 1600mah AW IMR's? I'm making the assumption that AW does not make them themselves, as you say, cell manufacturer is really the area of large companies (LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, some less known Chinese companies etc.).

EDIT I just found this company which has a lot of IMR batteries for sale from different manufacturers, but unfortunately only in bulk - http://ancoo.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-209966083/High_Power_Li_ion_Battery_Cells.html#products

Last edited:

Seattle40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Seattle,Wa
I recieved my LT device only in the mail today. I own a Provari.. Two things to post..

#1- I LOVE the LT large clicky button ( my first, lol ).. If the Provari had one......ahhhh

#2 - The Provape 2500 mah black batteries WILL power the LT, but the cap will not screw in all the way, its a little bigger gap than the Provari O-ring gap is with the extension cap.
Also as a previous poster stated, I also will be sanding those annoying bumps and ridges off the battery cap.

This may have already been said, if so sorry....Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

MUKHRFF

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
saudi arabia
Yeah, they didn't drop them from available Sales until this past Tuesday when Mike stated in the Volcano forums that "at best, these could be unprotected Li-Ions". All orders up until that post were still having the batteries sent out, because they were under the impression they were still IMR's.

I can't wait for my genuine AW's to get in from Super-T. I *think* the LT will perform even better at that point, now that it will have an actual high drain battery running on it, instead of my protected batteries at current.

i want order some battery from supertmanufacturing.com

but its orginal or not -- you trust that site

and they have only 2000 mah not 1600

thers no any proplem to use 2000 mah with lt

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
i want order some battery from supertmanufacturing.com

but its orginal or not -- you trust that site

and they have only 2000 mah not 1600

thers no any proplem to use 2000 mah with lt

The 2000mAh batteries were released last week. I've been using them in my Pro-Vari for a few days and there is a definite increase in battery life. The only difference in mAh is the capacity.

Those will work great!

MUKHRFF

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
saudi arabia
The 2000mAh batteries were released last week. I've been using them in my Pro-Vari for a few days and there is a definite increase in battery life. The only difference in mAh is the capacity.

Those will work great!

wher you buy your battery

and some one put the pic for diferent about 2000 mah and 1600

maybe very litle tall

72838-aw-batteries-ultrafire-chargers-more-rtdvapor-com-dsc_0379.jpg

--

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread