Lavatube 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Just wondering if anybody has seen any good video reviews for the new 1.5 version lavatube. Can't find any in english, and I've seen somebody posted some volt readings in the new members forum, but they seem a little off, so just wondering what else is out there... I just picked one up, and seems to be working great, but this is my first VV device so just wondering if it's working the way it really should be as I have no frame of reference. Also haven't figured out a way to lock my voltage in like the previous version or to view the remaining voltage on my battery, anybody else figured out if this device has those features?

KickServe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
colorado
Yeah, got mine from Crystal Clear Vaping, the atomizer resistance reading is pretty awesome. But haven't figured out how to check the current battery voltage remaining or lock in the current vaping voltage. Tried the button combos from the original lava tube and they don't seem to work...
Same here. I see the battery indicator, but don't see the voltage remaining reading any where. Unless some one else can point it out, I am going to assume, that there's no reading, just the battery icon on the right of the display. I like the ohm reading feature.

Never used the first version, so can't do a comparison.

jayw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
virginia beach va.
found this in the General E-Smoking Discussion, I don't know how to link yet
"Off topic: Yesterday I got the all new lavatube 1.5 produced by young june. Performing better then the lavatube from L-Rider. DC cartos in a tank measuring at 2.0 Ohms in the proper lavatube display, at 4.5-4.8 Ohms producing clouds of vapour. All the inards are changed, I dont know what they did exactly, but it gives definatelly much more power. Then, normal volt meters dont work with it. so it doesn´t let me do any measuring with my simple multy meter and madvapes voltmeter.. Would need somebody with more profesional equipment to do so.

Overall very satisfied, great performer for the money, much improved compaired toL-Riders lavatube 1, also Ohm metering displayed in the proper display, and batterry charge level allways on screen, with bars, like in mobile phones."

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Um, I have a question! I just ordered a LT from Volcanoecigs.com today! Will it be the new v1.5 or the original?! Their product page doesn't mention these new features that you're talking about as far as I can see! :(

If you look at the description it also says 2.5a limit so it's probably safe to say it's a v1 LT...

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
As far as I know, the only American vendors currently selling the Young June Version 1.5 Lavatube (with resistance checking, 3.2A limit, and a tube designed to fit most protected 18650s) are SmokeForPennys and CrystalClearVaping. I got mine from CCV.

All the other lavatubes available now from American vendors---regardless of body style and finish---are from L-Rider and contain the Version 1 internal electronics (with the 2.5A limit and pronounced loaded voltage drop-off).

The new Version 1.5 has some quirks because of its pulsed circuitry (when measuring with an inline digital voltage display, the unloaded voltages read as all over the map, and loaded voltages won't read at all---when connected to an atty/carto, the inline meter just flashes dimly, indicating PWM circuitry). Those quirks don't adversely affect performance at all, however. In my estimation, the V1.5 is rock-solid and runs rings around the V1.

I own many VV mods---including 8 Madvapes linear VV boxes, 4 Ken's Boxmods VVs (linear and vari-cool), a Shan B. VapeCore Splash linear VV, 2 Maximum Vapors evercool VVs (a 3AA box and a Woodie), plus both a BuzzPro and an iPro). The Young June Version 1.5 Lavatube performs as well as any of them---hits just as hard with all the various carto/voltage combos I use (which max out for me around 5.5 volts---I have no extra-high resistance atties/cartos or 3.0 ohm dual coils to test at 6V). In fairness, I can't absolutely guarantee that there's no voltage drop, since I can't measure that, but judging by real-life experience, it sure feels like I'm getting whatever voltage I set. I conclude that the claimed 3.2A limit is indeed true.

While I can't speak to long-term durability or reliability, my first week of heavy use of the V1.5 has been terrific---far beyond any skeptical expectations I had based on the many troubles people reported with the V1.

I have a SmokTech VMax coming soon from the recent co-op group buy on another forum, and I'm eager to see how it "stacks up" compared to the Lavatube V1.5---meaning stacked dual 18350s bucked design versus single 18650 boosted.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I know that it's totally my own fault for jumping without doing all of my research first, but it's kind of crappy that Volcano eCigs makes it sound like they invented the LavaTube in their ads on this forum and on their website but are still selling the V1 for $25 more than the new V1.5 is on the sites that you just listed. :( Oh well, I guess I'll just see if I truly like it or not, and if so then order the V1.5 from a different site and pass the V1 down to my GF...

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
that V1 is made by L-Rider. V1.5 is Uniq. Different manufacturer.

Yes. On alibaba.com, the LT 1.5 page has listings from both Uniq and Young June. Each is listed as a manufacturing/trading company founded in 2009 in Shenzhen (which is one of those nearly unbelievable industrial/technology cities in Guangdong Province that didn't even exist 20 years ago, but now has 25 million inhabitants. Shenzhen is roughly the technology equivalent to Pittsburgh's steel mills in 1900---most major ecig manufacturers/suppliers have factories there). Other than that, I don't know if they're related as manufacturing facilities within a parent company or separate and independent entities that just happen to be making the same device.

Both Uniq and Young June have various listings on the alibaba LT 1.5 page. One Young June entry shows a lavatube with a brass eGo-style top connector and a silver bottom cap. And Uniq has a listing for "1.5 Stylish," showing LT 1.5s in all-red, all-silver, and a black body with contrasting red caps. Go figure.

Seems that L-Rider is now shipping an LT Version 3.0, with new internal electronics that provide a 4-Amp limit. (What L-Rider called Version 2.0 had the new-style caps and upgraded body finishes, but used the original Version 1.0 electronics). Supposedly, iVape will be the first American vendor to offer Version 3.0 as soon as the first shipment arrives.

Heck of a competitive marketplace, eh?

Last edited:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Seems that L-Rider is now shipping an LT Version 3.0, with new internal electronics that provide a 4-Amp limit. (What L-Rider called Version 2.0 had the new-style caps and upgraded body finishes, but used the original Version 1.0 electronics). Supposedly, iVape will be the first American vendor to offer Version 3.0 as soon as the first shipment arrives.

Heck of a competitive marketplace, eh?

Looks like you can buy a "V3" right now Vector Variable Volt but only in black or silver for now..I only linked the black.

Yeah in a couple weeks the market will be flooded and that will be great for consumers..I probably will buy a couple..I don't really care much what version but I wouldn't mind at least 1 new version and a chrome one in any version :)

Last edited:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Yeah, I'm definitely starting to realize that vaping is not going to end up saving me money versus smoking after all. ;) But that's OK because my health is totally worth being crazy and buying 3 PV's in a week, right? :)

I was doing good but then I got some "extra" money lol..I will look at it long term though..still if I priced my vaping costs compared to the cost of smokes in my state I still would be saving it would be hard to spend that much on vaping I mean it would cost me at least $300 probably closer to $400 a month with NYS taxes on smokes.

I was buying my smokes tax free from the reservation for the native brands and it was only costing me about $60-70 a month to smoke..it's nice to have a few devices anyways plus they won't wear out as fast so I'm sure I'll probably get at least a couple years out of my "LT's" (well I only have one now but plan on 2 more probably)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread