Lavatube 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I have 6 LT's with my favs being the SS versions. They hit harder than the original LT's that I have. I know my LT's came from different batches (some have an apollo logo, some do not and 1 came from TW) and there are minor vaiances in most of them. The logo apollo ones are midline, the black mini with no logo from apollo is at the bottom and my full black from TW is almost as good as my SS versions, though they beat it in loaded voltage by ~.2v

I just ordered a crapload of batteries, so I will not be the first with a version 3, but I am sure I will have one before too long, likely a chrome version.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I know that it's totally my own fault for jumping without doing all of my research first, but it's kind of crappy that Volcano eCigs makes it sound like they invented the LavaTube in their ads on this forum and on their website but are still selling the V1 for $25 more than the new V1.5 is on the sites that you just listed. :( Oh well, I guess I'll just see if I truly like it or not, and if so then order the V1.5 from a different site and pass the V1 down to my GF...
I agree. I will never buy anything from Volcano. Everything they sell is way over priced. You can get a lavatube kit with 2 batteries and a case for like $60 shipped. They are ripping people off big time. If anyone wants a LT kit with a 1 year warranty for $60 let me know and I can head you in the right direction. I really want to try this new 1.5 and see how it stacks up to the original. I love the original and especially love the price. I just bought 2 SS and absolutely love the looks. Now if I could just get the new 1.5 in stainless steel I'd be all set. :)

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I have 6 LT's with my favs being the SS versions. They hit harder than the original LT's that I have. I know my LT's came from different batches (some have an apollo logo, some do not and 1 came from TW) and there are minor vaiances in most of them. The logo apollo ones are midline, the black mini with no logo from apollo is at the bottom and my full black from TW is almost as good as my SS versions, though they beat it in loaded voltage by ~.2v

I just ordered a crapload of batteries, so I will not be the first with a version 3, but I am sure I will have one before too long, likely a chrome version.

wow. So do you like Lavatubes. :laugh: Like I said if they came in SS and the new 1.5 i think it would be competition for the Provari at a 1/4 of the price. I'm hoping they will come out with them soon. I sent Apollo an email asking them if they plan on getting the 1.5 but haven't heard back yet.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
The L-rider V3 is due out this week or early next week. Have you seen the nice metal caps on them? very nice...the black looks much better. supposedly a 4 amp max. Take that ProVari - now...if it just came in SS...but with a V1 at 110$ I doubt we will see another SS LT. It certainly seems that it should be cheaper to make given that it is just a modified tube...the caps are chrome (in some cases in case you didn't notice).

Last edited:

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Ha, I actually just bought the 3.0 LT from Vapor Beast (http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/skvb.htm) and I'm excited! I totally got the overnight shipping :p . Also ordered some juice from Highbrow and some jumbo Smoktech Resurrector cartos from CCV. Weeeee! I guess I'm kind of being a guinea pig but oh well..wish me luck!

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Ha, I actually just bought the 3.0 LT from Vapor Beast (http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/skvb.htm) and I'm excited! I totally got the overnight shipping :p . Also ordered some juice from Highbrow and some jumbo Smoktech Resurrector cartos from CCV. Weeeee! I guess I'm kind of being a guinea pig but oh well..wish me luck!

Thought the v3 was supposed to have the ego connection, not sure that might be a uniq 1.5, as the cap looks a bit different from the one I have from CCV, as I think they have the young jun version.... or could be the other way around....

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Thought the v3 was supposed to have the ego connection, not sure that might be a uniq 1.5, as the cap looks a bit different from the one I have from CCV, as I think they have the young jun version.... or could be the other way around....

Whatever version it is it has metal end caps the ohm meter and a 4a limit...

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I was doing good but then I got some "extra" money lol..I will look at it long term though..still if I priced my vaping costs compared to the cost of smokes in my state I still would be saving it would be hard to spend that much on vaping I mean it would cost me at least $300 probably closer to $400 a month with NYS taxes on smokes.

I was buying my smokes tax free from the reservation for the native brands and it was only costing me about $60-70 a month to smoke..it's nice to have a few devices anyways plus they won't wear out as fast so I'm sure I'll probably get at least a couple years out of my "LT's" (well I only have one now but plan on 2 more probably)...

The bold comment caught my attention as I was doing the same thing at about the same cost but then the Feds put an end to that and I had to rethink my smoking habit. BTW Utah sent me bills for the unpaid tax on all the purchases I had made so the savings were not quite what I had thought.

Since I started Vaping 18 months ago I have kept an exact account of my vaping costs down to the penny and it's surprising how fast it adds up. Even with buying all my DIY niquid material in bulk (have a five year supply in the freezer) I have spent twice as much on Vaping as I would have at $5.00 a pack for stinkies but have enjoyed it twice as much. :)

Errol

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Longevity wise that may not be true. If that juice lasts you 5 years then it will be far cheaper over the term. My vaping is tracked to the penny (because I spend it down to the last penny :) ) and sometimes I am over when there are sales, then the market gets quiet and I am back in the green. Currently over budget (I give myself the same budget I had with cigs :) ) but usually the sales start to wind down about this time.
The bold comment caught my attention as I was doing the same thing at about the same cost but then the Feds put an end to that and I had to rethink my smoking habit. BTW Utah sent me bills for the unpaid tax on all the purchases I had made so the savings were not quite what I had thought.

Since I started Vaping 18 months ago I have kept an exact account of my vaping costs down to the penny and it's surprising how fast it adds up. Even with buying all my DIY niquid material in bulk (have a five year supply in the freezer) I have spent twice as much on Vaping as I would have at $5.00 a pack for stinkies but have enjoyed it twice as much. :)

Errol

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.

Errol

I was at around $70 a month at one point but then I got some extra money to spend..I haven't got around to adding up all the extras I bought yet..I think long term it will probably end up under $70 a month though as I just started into DIY e liquids..they are costing me about 7 cents a ML compared to about 26 cents.

Once I buy another "LT" or 2 and maybe 1 liter of 24mg nic (all I have to do is add flavors) I'm done for awhile and probably won't have to buy anything for maybe 5-6 months..I could save a little more if I went with 100mg nic but I think it's not enough of a savings to have to mess with it...

Last edited:

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I can't wait to see some reviews of the 3.0 LT... I just got my ss Lt with 2.5amp limt and like the way it hits. I imagine 4amps would hit much better. Can never have too many mods imo....lol

Ha, I feel the same way! I should be receiving my VVV (3.0 LT) tomorrow and am excited about it..and should receive a couple of Ego C Twists next week lol.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Whatever version it is it has metal end caps the ohm meter and a 4a limit...

I want to buy a high amp unit like the VMax but if the LT has a 4a limit that will suffice but I haven't been able to find the specifications that show it being a 4a unit. Can you provide a link?

Errol

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
Ivape calls it the varitube-x 2.0.... up at the top near the price it says 4a switch.

The Varitube X - Silver | MODS | iVAPE

[/B]

I want to buy a high amp unit like the VMax but if the LT has a 4a limit that will suffice but I haven't been able to find the specifications that show it being a 4a unit. Can you provide a link?

Errol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread