lavatube clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
48 Bucks is Less that what I spent on Analogs in a Week.

Every Week.

I was only spending around $60 a month on some pretty good native brand smokes a month smoking 1-2 packs a day..I know these things cost a bit to design and at 1st with production add in shipping and retailers need to make a profit I can see $50 for the full kit right now but I'm sure profit can be made for just the device at $30 in the not too distant future.

I bet at the $59 Apollo is selling them at right now they are making $30 or more and that's 100% profit..I'm sure they all know they will have to sell them for less in the future though because the days of high markup are over because of internet sales. Nice thing about competition.

I can live without one so I'll wait them out and when they sell as many as they can at the price they are now the price will go lower..add on that as more sites have them probably in the near future and I think you will see the device selling under $40 in the next few months :)

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
I just ordered 1 of these for a friend tube 2 x batt 1x tank 2 x atomizer charger case 2 boxes of 510 3.0 boges 2x drip tip 4 x bottles of 30 mil liquid 90 bucks shiped perfect starter kit he can drip use a carto or fill a tank. all it takes is a post on a popular social site where tons of vendors stalk FB. Post what u want how much u want to spend and wait for the offers.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Calling them LT Clones is a little misleading. They are all the same device made by L-Rider.
:2cool:

Yeah, I found that out when I first heard of the Lavatube and went searching around. This was when I'd first heard of VV mods with an electronic voltage adustment/setting, so I looked into it. LavaTube is just Volcano's brand/label/name for them and they weren't even the first ones to market them. You can buy a pallet load of them at alibaba haha... they're mass produced in China.

A question I asked myself after reading some of the reviews and comments about these was, OK, so if I buy one and variable voltage is all its cracked up to be (and I know it will be), I won't want to use a standard eGo setup anymore or anything else. What are the chances one of these would break or fall apart on me before I feel like I've gotten my $$$'s worth out of it? And what am I going to do if it does now that I'm "spoiled" by VV? Well I'd either have to buy another one or just quit messing around and buy a Provari. By the time you buy two of these LT's, well guess what... you've just about paid for a Provari. So I talked myself out of it.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
LF is only offering a one month warranty on the the tube at $48. Apollo is $59 for the kit with a one year warranty (+batt and charger) Even though I don't like the batt and charger that comes with the Apollo, it's worth the extra for the warranty
I like the charger better than other chargers I've got with other Mod kits. It is a 4.2V 1000 ma and has a two ft electrical cord instead of just plugging directly into the wall like the others I have.

Last edited:

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
considering this through apollo but if it doesn't hold its voltage, what is the point? I was planning to get it because I have riva unregulated 3.7's that work great for 15 minutes or so and then die off, so figured this would give me 3.7-4.0 regulated until I was done with the battery.

grippers can be got for 40 dollars. might as well buy one of those if this won't hold the voltage.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
considering this through apollo but if it doesn't hold its voltage, what is the point? I was planning to get it because I have riva unregulated 3.7's that work great for 15 minutes or so and then die off, so figured this would give me 3.7-4.0 regulated until I was done with the battery.

grippers can be got for 40 dollars. might as well buy one of those if this won't hold the voltage.

What range of Ohms for Cartos/Attys were you planning on using with a LT?

I'm using CE2's that range from 2.4~2.8 ohms and am having No Problems getting the Output Voltage that is Selected.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
Doesn't sound like you should have a problem with the 2.5 amp Cut-Off.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/264467-lavatube-clones.html#post5197083

i'm just going by what was posted in this post about the voltage dropping off as the battery discharges, thats the same as a riva does. I thought the point of these were that they have a regulator and keep the voltage the same throughout the discharge? of course higher volts and keeping it like that is going to make the battery drain much much quicker, but thats fine as long as its not dropping off.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/264467-lavatube-clones.html#post5197083

i'm just going by what was posted in this post about the voltage dropping off as the battery discharges, thats the same as a riva does. I thought the point of these were that they have a regulator and keep the voltage the same throughout the discharge? of course higher volts and keeping it like that is going to make the battery drain much much quicker, but thats fine as long as its not dropping off.

Dunno what to tell you Rob.

Mine works fine for what I use on it. That's all I can really say.

Ever thought about getting a Provari? I have one also and it works Great.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

It holds the voltage very good at that voltage range. I never go over 4.5 volts with mine and it holds the voltage very good through the life of the battery charge.

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
I have a LT and it's OK... don't like that the voltage drops as the battery discharges. I don't like that, while it says it has a 2.5 amp limit.. it drops too much underload, making the LED readout pretty much useless. My endcap did come off, but gorilla glue took care of that.. haven't had any connector issues or button issues yet. The good thing is it's nice looking and very light.

Every mod out there has pluses and minuses. (the weight is the only minus to the Provari IMO, but still worth every penny!) If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now.. I would have passed on the LT. But for some reason I'm reluctant to part with it. I've gone to the classys several times to list it but never do. I AM glad that it has a year warranty though, if you're going to buy one.. pay a few dollars more for the longer warranty. Even if you don't drop it.. it still has a reputation for malfunctioning as far as the button goes. I've read many posts where the button stops firing or fires non stop.

edit: I just looked at the apolloecig site.. the device does have a one year warranty.. good price.

I'm glad I see I'm not the only person with issues with the LT.

Here’s my two main gripes about the LT (excluding my battery issues).

1. Auto Adjusts too low. On my 2.5 ohm DC’s, it won’t go above 4.9v. I should be able to vape it at 6v. My 3.0 ohm, vapes at 5.5max, why not 6? My LR DC’s (which I don’t use to often) won’t vape above 3.6V, but I should be able to go to 4v
2. As the battery dies, so does the voltage. website says the vaping voltage shouldn’t die off as the battery does. When battery is down to 3.7v, my 2.5 ohm, is now down to 4.5V max, and 3.0ohm is down to 5.1v max. And my LR DC’s are down to 3.3/3.2v. And my 1.7 ohm carto, will vape at 4.1v on freshly charged battery, but when it down to 3.8, it vapes at 3.8, down to 3.5, it vapes at 3.5, won’t go higher than the battery.

And since my battery doesn’t last too long, after 45-60 minutes of vaping, the battery drops below 3.8v, thus so does the vaping experience. Then I will get about 3-4 hours of sub-par vaping before battery completely dies. I do get a good hour of good vaping on the tube at least..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

2. As the battery dies, so does the voltage. website says the vaping voltage shouldn’t die off as the battery does. When battery is down to 3.7v, my 2.5 ohm, is now down to 4.5V max, and 3.0ohm is down to 5.1v max. And my LR DC’s are down to 3.3/3.2v. And my 1.7 ohm carto, will vape at 4.1v on freshly charged battery, but when it down to 3.8, it vapes at 3.8, down to 3.5, it vapes at 3.5, won’t go higher than the battery.

And since my battery doesn’t last too long, after 45-60 minutes of vaping, the battery drops below 3.8v, thus so does the vaping experience. Then I will get about 3-4 hours of sub-par vaping before battery completely dies. I do get a good hour of good vaping on the tube at least..

Not sure where you got your LT, or what Revision it is, or what type of Batteries your using?

But with mine, I see No Drop in Output Voltage until the Battery Voltage is about 3.3~3.4 volts. I'm using "True" AW IMR Batteries.

The Battery at this point should be charged. It isn't good for the Battery to run it down to the point where it "Dies".

My Provari will alert me that the Battery Voltage is getting Low. It will also Shut Off the unit if the Voltage is too low. I don't think my LT will do either.

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
Not sure where you got your LT, or what Revision it is, or what type of Batteries your using?

But with mine, I see No Drop in Output Voltage until the Battery Voltage is about 3.3~3.4 volts. I'm using "True" AW IMR Batteries.

The Battery at this point should be charged. It isn't good for the Battery to run it down to the point where it "Dies".

My Provari will alert me that the Battery Voltage is getting Low. It will also Shut Off the unit if the Voltage is too low. I don't think my LT will do either.

Its the latest. Just got it in 4 days away.. Got it from Apollo. but they are all the same, they all come from L-Rider. I just might be an unlucky one and got a defective unit/battery. The battery comes wit the kit. Its an AW IMR, but prolly a clone of some sort..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Its the latest. Just got it in 4 days away.. Got it from Apollo. but they are all the same, they all come from L-Rider. I just might be an unlucky one and got a defective unit/battery. The battery comes wit the kit. Its an AW IMR, but prolly a clone of some sort..

They may all come from L-Rider but that doesn't mean that they are all the Same. I believe there are at least 2 Revisions currently.

And some people have Bought AW Batteries from other sources. If you 18650 have a Flat Top then they are Not AW. AW doesn't make an 18650 IMR with a Flat Top.

BTW - You said your Output Voltage Falls off as the Battery Voltage drops. Are you using a DMM to meassure it?

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
They may all come from L-Rider but that doesn't mean that they are all the Same. I believe there are at least 2 Revisions currently.

And some people have Bought AW Batteries from other sources. If you 18650 have a Flat Top then they are Not AW. AW doesn't make an 18650 IMR with a Flat Top.

BTW - You said your Output Voltage Falls off as the Battery Voltage drops. Are you using a DMM to meassure it?

Mine as two black up/down buttons and a red on/off button, + fire button. You are correct, my battery does not have a nipple top, so its not a true AW. I'm using a inline voltage meter from mad vapes. The drop in voltage is both measured with that, and I also can totaly notice a drop in vapor and over experiance as the battery wears down.

I do have a new battery on order, might not get it until wed/thursday, then I'll be able to tell if the battery causing my issues.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Mine as two black up/down buttons and a red on/off button, + fire button. You are correct, my battery does not have a nipple top, so its not a true AW. I'm using a inline voltage meter from mad vapes. The drop in voltage is both measured with that, and I also can totaly notice a drop in vapor and over experiance as the battery wears down.

I do have a new battery on order, might not get it until wed/thursday, then I'll be able to tell if the battery causing my issues.

The flat top batteries that came with my "LT"s had considerable voltage drop under load. I didn't get past that in my testing as I properly disposed of them and am using AW's. The batteries make a big differene. But, if you like to vape above 10 watts, the LT is not for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread