Lavatube v2.0 4 amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
From what I understand, Discountvapers will be offering the new version (when it's available) as replacements for anyone that bought the 1.5t from them that had the switch/electronics issue. Me personally, if I decide I want one, I'll wait until DV has one for sale as he stands by his products and customers. There is so much confusion right now regarding all LT's and clones. Some are calling their's a V3.0 when it's actually the original version...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
From what I understand, Discountvapers will be offering the new version (when it's available) as replacements for anyone that bought the 1.5t from them that had the switch/electronics issue. Me personally, if I decide I want one, I'll wait until DV has one for sale as he stands by his products and customers. There is so much confusion right now regarding all LT's and clones. Some are calling their's a V3.0 when it's actually the original version...

I think you must have DV mixed up with CCV. DV never sold the 1.5 only the mini lava. He is thinking about stocking the newer chrome version. He does have the V1 for 44.99.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure volcano ecigs is coming out with the new version that is pretty much a provari lite.... The owner-joe? Debuted it at vapestock a couple weeks ago, there's a video somewhere on YouTube .... And let me tell you, that thing is sweet... Tubes only will be selling for $80 I think he said, and they are still deciding on wether or not they are going to have the amp limit at 3, 3.5 or 4 amps, he had a 4 amp limit LT at vapestock, but said he thought that was a little high

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure volcano ecigs is coming out with the new version that is pretty much a provari lite.... The owner-joe? Debuted it at vapestock a couple weeks ago, there's a video somewhere on YouTube .... And let me tell you, that thing is sweet... Tubes only will be selling for $80 I think he said, and they are still deciding on wether or not they are going to have the amp limit at 3, 3.5 or 4 amps, he had a 4 amp limit LT at vapestock, but said he thought that was a little high

It is way more than I would ever need. 2.5 amps has worked fine for me and 90% of other vapors. Most vapors never go over 4.5 Volts and lower than that with LR.

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque

VPLive Vape Team On Location: Vapestock 2012, Indian Rocks Beach, FL - YouTube

Looks pretty awesome.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
yeah, i have a apollo chrome vtube and the last ever made hologram silver bullet!!!! ( won it at a meet ) but my next buy was gonna be a provari, but i think im gonna get the new LT, can anyone find any info on when they will be for sale? i cant find anything

Joe said two weeks on that video. That video was shot exactly two weeks ago, today. lol

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
This one, guys. An actual LavaTube 2.0 from Volcano. I believe that joe said that it'll be 3 or 3.5 amp.
FqdXL.jpg

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The description on the ecig charleston site says that these are Knight-Rider Vtubes. From what I've read and experienced personally, that's incorrect. They're almost certainly Young-June Vtubes. All the L-Rider versions have a red power button, whereas Young-June versions have a power button that matches the body color.

These appear to be the Young-June v2.0 Vtubes, with the stainless steel or chrome body option (only stainless is offered by ecig charleston, but crystalclearvaping has the chrome version) and the claimed 3.9 amp limit. I say "claimed" because the v1.5t units were originally marketed as having a 4 amp limit, but that turned out to be false. No one on ECF has yet tested these new v2.0 units to confirm the 3.9 amp claim, although both ecig charleston and CCV are stating it.

As far as I know, L-Rider/Knight/J-Lin has not yet shipped their upgraded v3.0 version. L-Rider's v1.0 was the original Lavatube, and their v2.0 was the Lambo version (with upgraded body and caps, but still with a 2.5 amp limit and no resistance checking).

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
These appear to be the Young-June v2.0 Vtubes, with the stainless steel or chrome body option (only stainless is offered by ecig charleston, but crystalclearvaping has the chrome version) and the claimed 3.9 amp limit. I say "claimed" because the v1.5t units were originally marketed as having a 4 amp limit, but that turned out to be false. No one on ECF has yet tested these new v2.0 units to confirm the 3.9 amp claim, although both ecig charleston and CCV are stating it.

Hi Bill,
I don't know about Ecig Charleston, but has anyone at CCV claimed 3.9A? They don't have them on the site yet, except on the tube swap sku you can open, and that doesn't list any specs. It has seemed that Andrew and Jeremy have been really tight lipped about specs on these v2's, but you may have caught something I missed.

EDIT: After posting, I went to Ecig Charleston, and they sure do claim a 3.9A switch. If you check out the link I posted earlier in the thread for LJ's Esmokes Epic Storm, you will notice a few things. First they claim it is the "new version 2 device". Second, it has the funky top cap with Ego connector and floating pin. Next, it has a red power button. That all leaves me kind of confused about what CCV is offering on the tube swap. Other than the power button is the body color, and it looks like it may have a CE2 with an ego connection screwed on it. I was kind of hoping for something with that funky Ego connector, and even ordered a SS Ego cone I got today from another vendor, and also an Ego tank adaptor from CCV. Part of the reason I was hoping for the Ego connection, is that it seems none of the other new top caps have any drip well. Oh well, I'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread