Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hi Bill,
I don't know about ecig Charleston, but has anyone at CCV claimed 3.9A? They don't have them on the site yet, except on the tube swap sku you can open, and that doesn't list any specs. It has seemed that Andrew and Jeremy have been really tight lipped about specs on these v2's, but you may have caught something I missed.

hificat,

A couple of days ago on the CCV supplier's thread, someone asked Andrew what the amp limit was supposed to be on the chrome v2.0. Here's Andrew's reply:

Suppose to be 4 amps

Next, it has a red power button. That all leaves me kind of confused about what CCV is offering on the tube swap.

The Epic Storm offered on the LJeSmokes site is indeed an L-Rider tube. It's a version 2.0 "Lambo"---red power button, chrome body, eGo-style top connector with spring-loaded floating positive pole, AND, version 1.0 electronics, meaning a 2.5 amp limit and no resistance checking. That device has been available for quite awhile now.

The pics on the ecig charleston site of the Vtube they're selling in black and "steel" all show Young-June devices, presumably v2.0 (although they appear identical to v1.5t). I say "presumably" v2.0 because ecig charleston is claiming a 3.9 amp limit (which they incorrectly call a "3.9 amp SWITCH"---boy, am I getting tired of reading that mistake over and over and over! These vendors seem to know precious little about how mods/APVs are built).

On the CCV swap page, the chrome v2.0 Vtubes that Andrew is offering as replacements for the recalled v1.5s (with a $9.75 up-charge) are definitely from Young June.

Hope that clears up the confusion for you. Stated simply, there are no L-Rider Vtubes available from any vendor yet with more than the original 2.5 amp limit. Right now, if a Vtube has a higher amp limit and resistance checking, it's from Young-June.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
This is Andrew's latest comment on the V2 LT in post 1078. Have no idea what the comments after -4.17amps is supposed to mean. Maybe I'm just slow or it's all a joke that I don't get. :)

averaging 3.8 -4.17amps,,,,,, I see 4 lights,,,,,there are 12 cartos in a 15 pack bundle......lol 1 carto from every box goes to the house.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...alclearvaping-com-information-thread-108.html

Errol

Last edited:

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Well the ones I got from Ecigcharleston push 1.5 ohm dual coils all the way to 6 volts without limiting the voltage. I don't really have any other ways to test the amp limit to an exact number.

Did you meter that arangement at 6v, or just look at the display on the Ltube? Because the v1's would simply dial back the voltage without changing the display.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well the ones I got from Ecigcharleston push 1.5 ohm dual coils all the way to 6 volts without limiting the voltage. I don't really have any other ways to test the amp limit to an exact number.

Yes, that's what your display shows but that's not the actual voltage you're pushing. The LT is designed to cut back the voltage without telling you whereas the Provari will give you an error code and stop firing. It's designed to protect the mod AND your carto. 6 volts on a 1.5 ohm carto would most likely damage it quickly. I haven't decided yet if I prefer the error codes or the "secret" dialing back of the voltage, though. I think that's probably the only thing I'll have to get used to with the Provari since I switched from a v1 Lavatube.......... :)

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I metered it and it's not lowering the voltage unless you try to use a 1.2 ohm DC...I had a V1 and the V2 puts it to shame by far. Also the V2 starts blinking and shows Lo warning when you go over the amp limit. Really the only problem I fount with the V2 is some of them have faulty displays where you can barley see the numbers.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It is way more than I would ever need. 2.5 amps has worked fine for me and 90% of other vapors. Most vapors never go over 4.5 Volts and lower than that with LR.

I think there are many of us who vape in the 4.5 - 5.0 volt range. Especially if you are using a 1.5 ohm dual coil carto. Personally, I don't want to be restricted to LR attys/cartos. Also find they don't hold up well.

menthall

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Florida
This one, guys. An actual LavaTube 2.0 from Volcano. I believe that joe said that it'll be 3 or 3.5 amp.
FqdXL.jpg

Wow, that's different. Looks like a Silver Bullet button.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I use a V-Max as my main PV now and haven't touched the V2 Vtubes if that tells you anything. V-Max will last me a day and a half before having to replace the batteries and it hits harder than anything I ever vaped. Been going strong with no hicups for months.

Curious what kind of arrangement you used to check the voltage under load. When I tested the V1.5T that was advertised at 4amp I built an adapter to be able to check with a VOM but found I could also use an inline VM that confirmed VOM reading as long as the LT was set at 6v.

Errol

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Curious what kind of arrangement you used to check the voltage under load. When I tested the V1.5T that was advertised at 4amp I built an adapter to be able to check with a VOM but found I could also use an inline VM that confirmed VOM reading as long as the LT was set at 6v.

Errol

I modified a 510-510 adapter to use a regular multi meter while the device is under load. Works like a champ.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
The ones from ecig Charleston certainly seem nice, and to be solid performers, but I don't like the lack of a drip well, and oddly enough I lately have found myself craving something with an ego connection, or at least something that has a deep enough well to accomodate say the skirt on a Stardust. It's strange because I've never had or really wanted an ego, though I admit to wanting a Kgo (same deal but better voltage). The Vaping Greek recently got one of these, and though he didn't review it per se, he seemed to make favorable comments about it:

Vari Tube Gen 2

I have an identical one coming from CCV on a v1.5 swap, but they aren't selling them yet. Can't wait to try it.

I wish the ecig Charleston ones had the top connector like the chrome. I'd love to have it in black. They both seem to be Young June L-tubes.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
The ones from ecig Charleston certainly seem nice, and to be solid performers, but I don't like the lack of a drip well, and oddly enough I lately have found myself craving something with an ego connection, or at least something that has a deep enough well to accomodate say the skirt on a Stardust. It's strange because I've never had or really wanted an ego, though I admit to wanting a Kgo (same deal but better voltage). The Vaping Greek recently got one of these, and though he didn't review it per se, he seemed to make favorable comments about it:

Vari Tube Gen 2

I have an identical one coming from CCV on a v1.5 swap, but they aren't selling them yet. Can't wait to try it.

I wish the ecig Charleston ones had the top connector like the chrome. I'd love to have it in black. They both seem to be Young June L-tubes.

You can use an ego to 510 adapter and a stardust will fit almost flush with the top and you really can't tell the difference.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
I've got the new chrome v2 from CCV through a tube swap, and so far, really liking this device. Also Pbusardo did a quick comparison of the new chrome v2 from young june compared to the l-rider chrome v2 for anybody who's confused, check it out. Also, he showed the scope readings of a 1.5dc set at 4.5v, and showed the young june fired at a Vavg of 4.5 while the l-rider fired only at 4.04v. Can't wait for the full review with all the numbers, as it looks like young june changed out their pwm for the new version, it's definitely not the same as before as the on time for that 4.5v setting was like 93% or something like that, and on the 1.5t it definitely had a bit of voltage drop under that kind of load, where this thing was spot on...

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I've been anxiously waiting to hear the results of your test. I just checked the ecigcharleston site, and sure enough the description has been changed to "3.0 amp switch." I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that there was not and still is not a 4 amp lavatube in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread