Leaking eRolls - please share suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyGAFFER

Jun 25, 2013
toronto
Ok funny story, i responded to this post yesterday and i told you that eroll's are pretty much leak proof. From my and people i know experiences i found this to be so. But today i met up with fellow eroll user and he was talking about his leaking eroll. It was similar to your problem and he also fills with the needle.His atomizer was flooded to fix this i pulled the tank out and smoked his eroll without the tank, this vaped all the juice in his atomizer so it was no longer flooded ( vaped it shotgun style untill i got a dry hit)
Could this be your problem i dunno but thought it was worth a post .
Further more on this i would recommend filling it without the needle, pull cap off and fill.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have never had a leak (knock on wood) but have read others who have and it was from filling through the mouth end and removing stuff to do that... so they got loose. Also, the instructions from Joye in the box specifically says not to be removing the tanks a lot and say that will cause leaks. I don't know about that really as I do that at least once a day on all for batteries. I do know (though I can't see when its assembled) that there is a "right" way for the tank to sit on the atty because when I'm not getting vapor, I turn the tank just a hair at a time until I do get vapor.

Andy Morris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
West Yorkshire UK
Further more on this i would recommend filling it without the needle, pull cap off and fill.

I decided to avoid removing and replacing the caps as there is a little O-ring in there that tends to get misaligned when you replace them.

I fill with a needle bottle, but its the sort with a thick plastic needle. I'm looking for some 30mil needle bottles with proper steel needles or the really thin plastic ones, in the UK.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I haven't seen 30ml needle nose bottles but I do buy Dekang juices to get the hard plastic 10 mil needle nose ones. Mtnvapor also uses those also. Oh, I don't buy them JUST for the bottles... sounds weird. I do like the juices but its nice to have them after emptied to fill with other ones from 30/50 mil or DIY bottles.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I read that before... danged if I can figure how that's done. I also read someone figure out how to handle air bubbles filling.. haven't figured that out either.

It's sort of hard to explain in text. I also read about people who were doing it, and until I did it sort of by accident I didn't get what they meant. If you want to PM me I'll give it a shot, though! :p

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Yeah, it did occur to me last night that maybe I need to leave a tad more room at the top when refilling. My theory now is that I got at least a couple bad tanks(??) and/or I am overfilling. That and maybe I should be pressing the tanks in more firmly and doing more of a twist when putting the tanks on.

Bought some tiny rubber bands last night so now if a tank leaks I'll mark it with a rubber-band. That should help me narrow down any bad parts vs user error and figure out how much of each has been my problem.

Thanks so much for the help and advice from everyone. Much appreciated!!!

:D :)

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I hope you can figure out what is going on with your device. Mine had been leaking a little bit from the cone/battery connection. I think I've finally figured out what's going on there, since I was wiping everything down between tanks and still getting drops on the outside. I *think (so far, so good) that refilling the tank before you get that dry atty hit can cause some flooding. When I first got my eRoll, I kept vaping it dry because it didn't last as long as my CE2s. Once I got used to that I started filling it before it was totally empty. This happened about the same time I switched from a 60% PG to a 76% PG juice, so I thought the leaking was from the thinner juice. Now, when I get the dry atty hit, I puff, puff, puff, puff, and blow it out before I refill. I haven't had any more drops come out yet. I also think this may help keep the atty cleaner, longer, since it will burn off some of the last tank's worth of crud before adding a new layer.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Nice tips, daisyd! Thank you. I have been refilling tanks before they were completely empty and purposely avoiding any dry hits. I was thinking that I would damage the atties by dry hitting. But what you're saying makes sense, I could see how a few short puffs would help burn off residue left on there. I am going to implement that into my routine.

-iD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Midwest US
Make sure you have real joyetech attys. I tried some generics from fasttech and the construction was completely different (and crap). They did not have a ceramic cup and horizontal coil, but instead just the coil wired to the base and a wick through the coil straight into the spike with just a flimsy plastic piece separating your juice from your batt. Those pieces of #$%& would flood in a heartbeat.

tap'd on my Google Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

-iD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Midwest US
Real (dirty) joye on right. Real (crappy) generic on left. Seems like the generics would leak like a sieve.

tap'd on my Google Galaxy Nexus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372358405312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372358405312.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 199

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
You need to mark the the battery, tanks, and atomizers so you tell them apart. It could be a bad atomizer that is causing the atty to flood. A bad tank that was either made bad, or has worn out. Could also be a finicky battery. Try a brand new atomizer and new tank in one setup and see if that solves the issue.

Also wipe out the cone, atty, and inside the battery after every tank.

Also if you have a dirty atty, or battery, which causes you so suck harder that can cause leaking issues as well. Make sure the batteries are fully charged.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Well, I didn't knock on wood hard enough... it happened to me today. I filled the tank right before leaving home and the tank seemed to go on harder usual. I put it in my PCC reversed because it was fully charged and then in a cosmetic bag with its own compartment... then in my purse. When I took it out, 3/4 the full tank had leaked into the PCC. Did as Eric explained, refilled and it seems to be working fine now.. but, yes, the hard draw was a give away that something was not right when I tried to vape it after leaking. Also it had a good size air bubble. Wish I knew how to get rid of those without a syringe. Will report back if it leaks again as its now marked... but I really do, at this point, think its user-error. I think I got sloppy filling and putting together.

Last edited:

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
You need to mark the the battery, tanks, and atomizers so you tell them apart. It could be a bad atomizer that is causing the atty to flood. A bad tank that was either made bad, or has worn out. Could also be a finicky battery. Try a brand new atomizer and new tank in one setup and see if that solves the issue.

Also wipe out the cone, atty, and inside the battery after every tank.

Also if you have a dirty atty, or battery, which causes you so suck harder that can cause leaking issues as well. Make sure the batteries are fully charged.

Thank you, today I just started marking the tank whenever I get leaking. Trying to systematically rule out the problem pieces. I could also try marking the batts/atties.... So far I have noticed that the initial set of tanks have some that are really loose! Like if I try the twisting technique mentioned by some (load the tank and twist it a little) it's so loose that it snaps up a fraction and isn't completely flush against the cone anymore.... even when I am being gentle .... so far there are two problem tanks. Going to keep evaluating. I think it's a few bad tanks, and possible over-filling by me on a couple of tanks that are good.

Thanks also for the advice on keeping the bats charged up and the cones wiped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread