Leaking MAP tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
YAYYYYYYY i am glad you gave it another shot, I knew there had to be something off because these map tanks just ROCK!!! I do not use the top ring either, just the silicon cap. I dont lay them on their side cuz it floods the atty and goes down the tube, but that is so unimportant to me compared to the way the map performs. I used to stand my eGo-T's up too so making sure this is upright is a non-issue for me.

I would like to get some extra o-rings or at least a specific size so that I can buy some to have on hand when I need them... Bruce?????

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
i had a problem with just a little juice getting in the tip tube. tried seating my ce2 over and over again. finally ended up putting the top solid ring back on from the original ce2, which the map tanks dont come with. problem solved. i think it was actually dripping back out the fill holes from the silicone gasket.

Are you talking about the white piece that's at the very end of the CE2? I was thinking of trying the thin silicone ring which would be the middle insert. My map floods when layed on it's side, does fine as long as I stand it up.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Yes, I have been working on this with MAP.

I love my MAP Tanks!

The MAP Tank is great for driving and vaping on the go. It is not made to be slept with. It is great for what it's intended to do!

The MAP Tank is not sealed, there are 3 holes in the top and the bottom hole in the center of the carto.
Liquid will always find a way to come out. If you lay your MAP Tank down, you are taking a chance. Straight up is much better.
And if you use the little O-Ring that comes with every CE2, it will improve the seal even more.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
I gave that a try the other night. I was still getting some flooding with it in my pocket, squatting down and such. I had to push the steel tube in further to make it hold the silicone ring against the the bottom seal. I'm going to try it again with a different CE2 because the one that's in it now has the coil piece loose on top of the tube. Don't know if that makes any difference or not but figured I'd try a different CE2 to see what happens. I'll post back when I get the chance to cut another CE2 and try it out.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
Update,, I finally changed out my CE2, this one has the ceramic piece tite on the tube. As mentioned in the last post, The steel mouth piece tube is pushed in farther in order to hold the thin silicone ring against the one that has the little siringe holes. With this setup you have to pull the derlin top piece off to fill. It does seem to stop the flooding though. I filled mine all the way up to just under the ceramic piece, then put the derlin piece on. Let it sit on it's side for 10 minutes, no flooding, I sat it on it's side after every draw that I took off it until half the tank was used up and no flooding. I'm going to continue using this a setup for a few days to see how it holds up but it does seem to work for now.

hellcatrydr

Moved On
Jan 30, 2011
It is not made to be slept with.
Oh THAT'S the problem! Geez, I thought I was sleep-drooling... (again)

Okay, Just kidding... I have been practically OBSESSING over this problem for several days. The issue is not limited to "just hold it upright" in my opinion. Perhaps a larger issue is the inability to fill 2 or 3 extras and expect your juice to be in them hours later... plus the reduced capacity. The Map Tank is simply the best, richest, most flavorful vape I have tried BY A MILE! Second place isn't even close. But the convenience and low maintenance factors needed help. I want to take full, leak free spares with me and not have to remove the top Delrin piece to fill them.

Here's what I've done:
I do use that little extra white seal on top of the main carto seal. But I pierced 1 little hole in it, done by spinning a syringe filling needle back and forth under light pressure at about the same radial distance from center (I 'eyeballed' it) as the 2 filling holes in the main seal. DRILL (needle) STRAIGHT DOWN THROUGH THE SEAL ON THE FLAT SIDE! (Otherwise the hole may be angled!) (If the 'chad' plugs your needle, blow it out w/ the syringe.) Insert it on top of the main seal, flat side down. (Once it's in there, you'll notice it is easy to rotate it using the same needle.) Now, I just rotate it to line up with a hole to fill, and when finished filling just rotate it 90 degrees or so (with the filling needle) away from the hole. (Lining the 2 holes up takes about a minute of practice to acquire the "feel" to line up the 2 holes and hit the lower hole. Do it with just the needle, wet is better, no syringe attached, the first few tries.) After you pull out the filler & rotate the seal, take a quick peek down the hole to make sure it is seated flat, not tilted, against the main seal.

This little fix has allowed me to fill mine to about 2-3mm below the ceramic cup. Full capacity, laying on it's side for hours, 70/30 PG, with no juice down the tube. Even the little single drop on the connector is no longer there. YMMV. (At the time of this post, I have tested this for 1 day. These are preliminary results only.)

Important Note: Filling the Map Tank up all the way as described will probably have a side benefit of a slightly more restricted draw. This, I believe, is due to the now decreased air space available within the chamber and the smaller hole in the second seal. I like this! More like and analog draw. Again, YMMV. This may lessen as the tank empties.

Note to Bruce: Put me on the wait list for the I Sleep With My Map Tank upgrade when that comes out... (I want the Cuddle attachment too!) :p

PS... BigBuyer Rox!

Last edited:

luv2vape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
missouri usa
Yes, I have been working on this with MAP.

I love my MAP Tanks!

The MAP Tank is great for driving and vaping on the go. It is not made to be slept with. It is great for what it's intended to do!

The MAP Tank is not sealed, there are 3 holes in the top and the bottom hole in the center of the carto.
Liquid will always find a way to come out. If you lay your MAP Tank down, you are taking a chance. Straight up is much better.
And if you use the little O-Ring that comes with every CE2, it will improve the seal even more.

Its strange, how did Bruce know I sleep with my map tank? That's just weird! LOL!

Last edited:

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
Great thread here. I have gone a pretty long time without any problem with my map tank until this week. I just wanted to thank you all for all your great ideas that you come up with and share with us. Now that I have read this tread I understand what I was doing wrong with my map tank and can fix it. I really love my Map Tank, and it really does seem like the juice taste alot better with this mod, feel's like a nice crisp clean flavorfull vape know matter what juice you use. Thank's again everyone.

luv2vape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
missouri usa
i kmow alot of people have had this problem,and i belive human error not the engineers, so ive found a nice trick to seal the orings on the tank.i cleaned out my tank and dried everything off real good, reassembled, and the caps just wanted to slip out of the tube.after some tinkering i put them back together and carefully turned the delrin cap until it didnt want to move anymore. i beleive the o ring soaks up some water during cleaning, so turning them once assembled causes enough friction to dry them out and create a very tight seal. give it a try ! done it a few times and works awesome.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The MAP Tank is not sealed, there are 3 holes in the top and the bottom hole in the center of the carto. Liquid will always find a way to come out. If you lay your MAP Tank down, you are taking a chance. Straight up is much better.

Now I need a car holder to keep my tube mods upright! I had the SB stood up against the seat back when I went into the office. But when I came out from my meeting it had fallen over, and half the tank leaked out. Car smells like caramel corn. :(

sacredgaming

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
atlanta
www.sacredgaming.com
just got some empty map tanks today and inserted ce2 from cov. some leaking inside the metal shroud area if held upside down nothing to terrible. tried inserting extra seal but made for dry hit. maybe someone has some suggestions.

Perhaps cov could offer replacement parts when they get more stock. However unless faulty from the get go i wouldn't think the o-rings would fail unless they get nicked or as stated before aren't dried properly after cleaning.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Hi guys, I got a MAP tank today, and am having some leaking issues with it. I've looked through the threa quickly and couldn't see my specific problem. It's leaking from the bottom, between the connector and the delrin. Any ideas? Could it be that the CE2 was a bit lubed when it was put together?

Cheers

No, I lube mine too, (with PG or VG only).

Are you positive it is leaking between the CE2 and delrin cap?

If it leaks out of the bottom of the CE2 then the CE2 needs replacing. You may have damaged it. Was the CE2 real loose, meaning can you wiggle the top part of the CE2 after you pressed it into the delrin cap. If so replace it and be careful not to damage the CE2. I had one, which I was a little rough with and was really loose after pressing it into the delrin cap and when I tried to use it, it leaked badly through the bottom of the CE2. I replaced it with a new CE2 and I was good to go.

I hope this helps.

PK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread