Leaking MAP tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubin12

May 6, 2009
London, UK
s3pxkh.jpg

It doesn't appear to be loose at all, and is working brilliantly. It doesn't leak that rapidly; even if I stand it up over night the e-liquid hasn't made it's way down the connector to whatever surface it's standing on.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I see.

Take the CE2 out and inspect the inside of delrin cap to see if it has a scratch or groove cut into it, possibly from pressing the CE2 into the delrin. If it is scratched or is not nice and smooth inside where the CE2 seats you could push out the drip tip tube in the top delrin cap and use it for the bottom and then press the drip tip tube into the bottom delrin cap and use it for the top and see if that works, otherwise you would have to replace the leaky delrin cap.

Bruce from COV will help you with replacing it.

Also, inspect the CE2, make sure that the 1/4" metal piece of the outer tube that you left on the CE2 after cutting it is not loose or scratched on the outside where it forms a seal inside the delrin cap. Also, always inspect the cut part of the CE2 metal tube prior to inserting into the delrin cap to ensure that there are no burs or sharp edges, or that it in not deformed in any way, it should look nice and round after cutting it with the edge slightly turned inward from the tubing cutter. any deformaties after cutting it could score the inside of the delrin cap when you go to press it in there.

You used a steel CE2 and cut it with a tubing (pipe) cutter, right? Because you can't use a CE2 Clearomizer on the MAP tank. Also, you can't remove the whole steal tube of a CE2 and try and use that either, because it will leak for sure. You have to cut a steel CE2 for it to work in the MAP tank.

You can use the black CE2's, I always try to order the black ones. The black CE2's are the same as steel, with the exception that they are covered with a black sticker. I cut mine with the sticker left on it, easier to mark where to cut it and it keeps the tubing cutter from leaving marks on the steel. Remove the sticker and make sure to clean any glue that remains on the steel from the sticker. I use a paper towel or tissue with some rubbing alcohol on it.

When you go to put the MAP tank back together, lube it up first with some PG or VG only, It makes it easier to put together and take apart. I use one small drop of PG or VG on the end of a Q-Tip and just put a tiny thin coat on by running it along the tank side of the inside part of the delrin cap just touching the O-Rings as I rotate the cap, this way I prevent getting juice on the top side of the O-Rings. I use just a little bit more than a tiny thin coat inside the delrin cap and the outside steel part of the CE2 before pressing it into the delrin cap.

Here is a link with a video and pics that will help with servicing the MAP tank.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clouds-vapor/182313-need-help-replacing-ce2-map-tank.html

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
As you inhale you are changing the dynamics of air pressure in the tube and it is accentuated with a full tube. Think of a plastic squeeze bottle. If you're still not getting it ask your science teacher.

When a lower pressure at the top of the drip tip is created by drawing on it with your mouth, air is drawn in from the outside of the bottom of the MAP tank through the vent slots. This air is then drawn up through the small silver center tube in the middle of the MAP tank through the ceramic cup where the coil is and then travels up through the white rubber piece that covers the ceramic cup and then through the white rubber ring (if used), then through the drip tip into your mouth. A lower pressure does exist in the above described center area which may aid in the wicking process due to this lower pressure created when drawing on it. For the most part the MAP tank reservoir is sealed off from the center tube area. The tank reservoir will experience a very slight drop in pressure when you draw on it, depending on how tight the seal is.

Filling it up almost to the top or over filling it and then holding it on it's side for an extended period of time or holding it upside down would allow e-liquid to get into the center tube and then leak out the bottom through the center tube of the CE2.

The only way a difference in e-liquid level could possible stop it from leaking is due to the weight of the e-liquid being less at a lower level than full, thus temporally stopping the leak. However, I still don’t see how filling it half way as you mentioned before, fixes a leak at the bottom which is between the delrin cap and the CE2.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
All of my tanks leak when filled up. None of my tanks leak when filled less than half. Works for me. Good luck with your leak.

Mine did untill I installed the uppermost ring in it. Now it sits for weeks, full of juice, without a drop leaking from it.
If a MAP tank is put together and used as it was designed to be it won't leak.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
i got a map tank today - loved it! it was bliss....
then it started leaking and now it doesn't even work... 30 bucks for 5 minutes of fun. for those 5 minutes it was the perfect thing though...

If you could elaborate more on the leaking issue that you are experiencing, maybe some of us could help you with it.

RedneckHippy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2010
Dallas
Mine is leaking at the same point that Rubins is. Its between the CE2 tube and the delrin cap. Page 7 of the thread shows a picture. Mine was pre-assembled and all I did was fill it and it leaked. Took it apart and reseated and it still leaked. Sent Bruce an email and a message and he's sending a new cap and CE2. COV has been most helpful in there response to solve my issue.

Hats off to Bruce at COV

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Mine is leaking at the same point that Rubins is. Its between the CE2 tube and the delrin cap. Page 7 of the thread shows a picture. Mine was pre-assembled and all I did was fill it and it leaked. Took it apart and reseated and it still leaked. Sent Bruce an email and a message and he's sending a new cap and CE2. COV has been most helpful in there response to solve my issue.

Hats off to Bruce at COV

I figured Bruce was taking care of it for you!

I'm glad to see your issue is being resolved.

I just wish users would give more specific information about any issues that they may have with their E-Cig product, as there are a lot of people on the ECF that are willing and able to help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread