Leaking MAP tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

0mg

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ravens Country!!!
Mine did untill I installed the uppermost ring in it. Now it sits for weeks, full of juice, without a drop leaking from it.
If a MAP tank is put together and used as it was designed to be it won't leak.

Would it be possible for you to show a picture of this or give a bit more detail as to exactly how you install the uppermost ring?

Thanks

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
It's the little white rubber piece (ring) that comes with an E2 cartomizer. it sits right above the white rubber piece that sits on the ceramic cup.

first I put the white rubber piece on the ceramic cup. Then I put the white rubber ring inside the top delrin cap up against the drip tip tube and then push that onto the top of the tank and fit it all of together.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
No problem 0mg! I'm glad I was able to help you!

Here is some more information that may help you as well.

The following is a more detailed explination of how I set up my MAP tank. It was an answer to a couple of questions that I was asked by another member VIA a PM. I though it would be a good idea to get this information in a post, as you or other users may find it useful.

Yes, adjusting the DT (drip tip) tube down in the top delrin cap helps to maintain a good seal.
I use both of the white rubber pieces that come with the CE2. I believe using the other white rubber ring over the white rubber piece that fits over the ceramic cup helps to maintain a better seal and helps to prevent vapor from getting into the tank.

I dry fit the MAP tank and make any adjustment needed to the DT tube prior to filling the MAP tank. I start by putting the white rubber piece over the ceramic cup and placing the white rubber ring inside the top delrin cap and push it all the way up against the DT tube, I will then note how far the piece is inside the DT tube and then I dry fit it together. Once it is dry fitted together I will press down on the white rubber ring piece inside the drip tip tube with something like a pencil eraser until it is up against the white rubber piece for the ceramic cup. After pulling the top delrin cap off, I will see if the white rubber ring moved down any and adjust the DT tube accordingly. Repeat, if necessary. I set the top delrin cap, (DT tube side down) on top of a spark plug socket and use a smaller sockets and a small hammer to adjust the DT tube up further out of the top delrin cap, and just use a hammer to tap the DT tube down further into the delrin cap. I hold something over the DT tube like a flat piece of steel or the flat part of an open end wrench and then tap on that with a hammer, as to protect the DT tube.

I trim the white rubber piece that fits over the ceramic cup to make the two slots on each side of it for the wicks taller as not to pinch the wicks when seated all the way down. I used a broken CE2 tube to cut out the slots just a little bit taller. I ripped the ceramic cup and black shrink tube off a bad CE2 and pressed the center tube of the CE2 out of the threaded bottom part. I then take the end of the tube and place it right above where the slot ends and press and twist it into the rubber piece until it cuts the slot bigger.

I rarely get vapor in my tank, however it does happen. Once after the end of a second tank full I happened to start to get some vapor inside my tank, I just took off the DT and pressed down on the rubber pieces with a pencil eraser and then it was fine, no more vapor in the tank.

Also, after cutting the wick slots deeper as discussed previously, the little ring in the middle of the white rubber piece that fits over the ceramic cup may touch the coil and cause a burnt plastic taste. I just tear out this ring in the center of the white rubber cap. Once I was able to just tear it out easily, another time I had to make a small little cut into it and then it tore right out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread