The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Leaky tank?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by PatVapes, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    So today I’ve been using mostly my pen instead of my Reuleaux and just now I decided to pick it up again to finish the leftover juice that I had from yesterday.

I’ve seen some people blow out before inhaling the vapor so I decided to try that (even though I’m not sure what’s the reason people do that). Anyway, a lot of juice came out instead of vapor. Airflow was half closed if tht matters at all.

2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    The reason to blow into the tank is to clear out any juice that may be inside the coil and give you gurgling, spit back, flooded coil. When you blew out you just got rid of any of that you might have taken in with the first draw. It's really not necessary to do unless the coil is flooded, but no harm done. As long as you have some tissues around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. bask

bask Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    That’s mostly RDA/mech users to clear the excess liquid and empty their lungs before a full inhale. For a lot of tanks (and especially sub-ohm tanks) this creates a pressure difference and starts leaking liquid. So, unless you’ve overdripped a dripper and/or you’re doing a cloud comp there no real reason to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    All eyes are on you, dont blow this.....

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What you blew out may have been condensation that had accumulated in the drip tip and air chamber of your clearomizer. This is a natural occurance, and instead of blowing it out I often use a Q-Tip cotton swab inserted thru the drip tip and air chamber to rid it of condensation.

I wouldn't make a practice of blowing into a clearomizer routinely. Clearomizers have a delicate balance of air/liquid pressure inside the tank. When you draw on the drip tip, negative pressure occurs inside the tank, which encourages e-liquid to pass through the wick to the coil to be vaporized. Once your draw is completed, air is replaced via the air inlets of the tank to rebalance the pressure in the tank. You can often see an air bubble or two appear in the tank after taking a draw.

Routinely blowing into the tank can actually cause chronic flooding in a clearomizer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

What tank are you using?
    In commercial tanks this could be counterintuitive, because you're actually drying out your coil. I wouldn't do it. If on a dripper or RTA, yes, absolutely. But there's no need, really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Since I'm getting better and better at vaping my bottom airflow BBB tank without producing condensate, I only blow out my tank about once, maybe twice, a week. Take a piece of toilet paper, open the airflow completely, hold the toilet paper where the airflow slots are, and blow hard. That will drive out the condensed vapor residing in your chimney and the bottom of the coil.

However, your final goal will be to reduce the amount of condensate you produce while vaping. That'll take some time and practice. You'll get there eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  8. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    • Love Love x 1
  9. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    On an RTA like the Zeus there are no negatives to blowing into the tank after a refill like I previously stated. You're simply resolving the flooded coil issue, one or two blows if you flood the coil and no more spitback.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.