Leaky tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
So today I’ve been using mostly my pen instead of my reuleaux and just now I decided to pick it up again to finish the leftover juice that I had from yesterday.

I’ve seen some people blow out before inhaling the vapor so I decided to try that (even though I’m not sure what’s the reason people do that). Anyway, a lot of juice came out instead of vapor. Airflow was half closed if tht matters at all.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The reason to blow into the tank is to clear out any juice that may be inside the coil and give you gurgling, spit back, flooded coil. When you blew out you just got rid of any of that you might have taken in with the first draw. It's really not necessary to do unless the coil is flooded, but no harm done. As long as you have some tissues around.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
I’ve seen some people blow out before inhaling the vapor
That’s mostly RDA/mech users to clear the excess liquid and empty their lungs before a full inhale. For a lot of tanks (and especially sub-ohm tanks) this creates a pressure difference and starts leaking liquid. So, unless you’ve overdripped a dripper and/or you’re doing a cloud comp there no real reason to do it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So today I’ve been using mostly my pen instead of my Reuleaux and just now I decided to pick it up again to finish the leftover juice that I had from yesterday.

I’ve seen some people blow out before inhaling the vapor so I decided to try that (even though I’m not sure what’s the reason people do that). Anyway, a lot of juice came out instead of vapor. Airflow was half closed if tht matters at all.
What you blew out may have been condensation that had accumulated in the drip tip and air chamber of your clearomizer. This is a natural occurance, and instead of blowing it out I often use a Q-Tip cotton swab inserted thru the drip tip and air chamber to rid it of condensation.

I wouldn't make a practice of blowing into a clearomizer routinely. Clearomizers have a delicate balance of air/liquid pressure inside the tank. When you draw on the drip tip, negative pressure occurs inside the tank, which encourages e-liquid to pass through the wick to the coil to be vaporized. Once your draw is completed, air is replaced via the air inlets of the tank to rebalance the pressure in the tank. You can often see an air bubble or two appear in the tank after taking a draw.

Routinely blowing into the tank can actually cause chronic flooding in a clearomizer.

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Since I'm getting better and better at vaping my bottom airflow BBB tank without producing condensate, I only blow out my tank about once, maybe twice, a week. Take a piece of toilet paper, open the airflow completely, hold the toilet paper where the airflow slots are, and blow hard. That will drive out the condensed vapor residing in your chimney and the bottom of the coil.

However, your final goal will be to reduce the amount of condensate you produce while vaping. That'll take some time and practice. You'll get there eventually.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread