Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Anyone hear from Vapage lately? I've gotten used to seeing the name in my email several times / week and realized they've been unusually quiet. I was hoping to pick up one for a friend but the website is just showing a sale at $60 for the ala carte kits. It'd be nice if there was a code to bring it down to what I paid.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Anyone hear from Vapage lately? I've gotten used to seeing the name in my email several times / week and realized they've been unusually quiet. I was hoping to pick up one for a friend but the website is just showing a sale at $60 for the ala carte kits. It'd be nice if there was a code to bring it down to what I paid.

I get e-mails fairly often, apparently the new "low" price is $60.00 :(

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    aik? Your in-box is full :(

Vapage has a 24% off code : VPG24HRS

If you add it to the current vmod 2.0 price it comes to 48.60. Just got the e-mail, not sure how long it still goes for.

I fixed that inbox thing. Thx for the heads up. I ended up getting something else instead. Christmas just couldn't wait!

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)

Skullman

~ Membered ~
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone
    Hey All Skullman here: Gettin back into the forums after some time off to repair the body from motor cycle wreck. Been playing with my Vmod’s and looking in the forums to see what folks are doing with theirs. Lately seems there's not a lot going on. I have a number of RBA's trying to figure which ones would work well on the Vmod, All my RBA's have to be converted to Bottom Feed. I really like the Plume Veil, use em on some of my Mech Mods both 18650 & 26650. Going to see if the PV will work on the Vmod. Has anyone converted a Plume Veil for their bottom feeder?

Looked at some converted RBA’s from REO and few others online a bit too spendy for what they are! Well, to me anyway. So converting I go! I have to say I like the looks of the Cyclone bottom feeder it looks like it was made for the Vmod! I dig these little Vmod's they have worked well for me, feel good in the hand and the convenience of em! No major problems. Worse to happen a case got a little bent in a hard drop. I’m still using a few of the Original Hybrid Atomizers that came with the Vmod that's over a year and a half for a few of em! Just an occasional cleaning. I purchased a number of 1.5ohm Hybrids for the Vmod 2.0 use the 2ohm in the XL’s except for the one I'm running the Omega rda. So, do you have a New Project for your Vmod or using a different RBA that no one has? Show off your stuff!

See Ya in the Forums
    Skullman {:{}

Toys I'm Working with or on

SomeofMyToys_zps185045e1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    I've been looking at the Vmod and read in some forum threads it can take 306 attnys.

I haven't had a Vmod in hand, so can someone please explain to me how the 306 is actually fed? does the feeder tube somehow go into the attny (or does it drip into the internal cart of the 306 mouthpiece)?

I have a good vapocolypse stash of M401 attnys, which are about the same as the 306, form-wise, and wonder if they can also be used the same way as a 306 in a Vmod with a 510 to 401 adapter?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I've been looking at the Vmod and read in some forum threads it can take 306 attnys.

I haven't had a Vmod in hand, so can someone please explain to me how the 306 is actually fed? does the feeder tube somehow go into the attny (or does it drip into the internal cart of the 306 mouthpiece)?

I have a good vapocolypse stash of M401 attnys, which are about the same as the 306, form-wise, and wonder if they can also be used the same way as a 306 in a Vmod with a 510 to 401 adapter?

TTRP, hi :)

Yes, the VMOD can take 306 attIEs. It can take any 510 threaded atty in fact.

The feed is a bit different from most BFs tho. There is no tube feeding. Here is a great explanation of how it works and some other pertinent info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeder-any-owners-who-like-3.html#post12536722

You can use an adapter, but do be forewarned. I used one once for a 901 atty and almost could not remove the adapter! :shock:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I have heard of using ego to ego (open ended) adapters for use with rba's. Any rba with air from the bottom can be used with bottom feeders. I think there's a few folks that specialize in modding rba's for bottom feeding. I've tried the Joyetech 510's and they worked. I don't think the openings in the bottom are large enough for good flow (imo) and I liked having a little filler so I wasn't having to tip it every couple of vapes. The Silo's on Vapage site do that. I haven't tried the 306's and I'd be interested in hearing how they performed for you.

Vmod's have been around for a while. There's a lot of discussion about them in closed threads. I don't know why they keep getting closed. I'm tempted to go through them and make a master index. Someday. Life keeps calling me back to reality. Stupid life. It keeps interrupting my dreams.

EDIT: I meant to say 510 to 510 connector. There's no ego threads. :laugh:

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Hey All Skullman here: Gettin back into the forums after some time off to repair the body from motor cycle wreck. Been playing with my Vmod’s and looking in the forums to see what folks are doing with theirs. Lately seems there's not a lot going on. I have a number of RBA's trying to figure which ones would work well on the Vmod, All my RBA's have to be converted to Bottom Feed. I really like the Plume Veil, use em on some of my Mech Mods both 18650 & 26650. Going to see if the PV will work on the Vmod. Has anyone converted a Plume Veil for their bottom feeder?

Looked at some converted RBA’s from REO and few others online a bit too spendy for what they are! Well, to me anyway. So converting I go! I have to say I like the looks of the Cyclone bottom feeder it looks like it was made for the Vmod! I dig these little Vmod's they have worked well for me, feel good in the hand and the convenience of em! No major problems. Worse to happen a case got a little bent in a hard drop. I’m still using a few of the Original Hybrid Atomizers that came with the Vmod that's over a year and a half for a few of em! Just an occasional cleaning. I purchased a number of 1.5ohm Hybrids for the Vmod 2.0 use the 2ohm in the XL’s except for the one I'm running the Omega RDA. So, do you have a New Project for your Vmod or using a different RBA that no one has? Show off your stuff!

See Ya in the Forums
    Skullman {:{}

Toys I'm Working with or on

SomeofMyToys_zps185045e1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

BANGARANG!

I love little Vmod projects (and that Peko was sooooooo tempting). Fast Tech has one rda that supposed to work out of the box with Vmod. https://www.fasttech.com/p/1421901 There's been threads on FT pushing them to get more bottom feeders & atty's in. Your omega looks really sharp.

I haven't done much modding so I need step by step guides with pics.

My number one complaint is the cheapie brittle plastic fire button. Any hope for improvement there?

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Here's a pic of the connector and surrounding chamber that could be helpful.

Image_001_zps291e37da.jpg

The liquid routes through a side chamber and comes out the little hole. I believe it feeds through the air flow holes of the atty or through the open connector. This feed chamber is sealed with o rings in it and on the chimney to keep it from leaking.

I haven't used adapters, but I understand several have when adapting the Vmod for RBA use. (There is an older, now closed thread, that discusses several RBA's that can work on the Vmod---key word Squid.)

Also, don't have a M401 around anymore and am not sure how they are built. Sorry.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Hiya KatDarling!! thanks for the link. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to tackle carto-tanks (submersibles?) yet without a lot more reading. Omhs, and watts and rba's, oh my !! Definitely a learning curve to mid level devices. But tipping sounds pretty easy - hands-free dipping ?! My kinda world! Interesting little device :)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    thanks for the closeup, tearose. The 401 attny body has recessed threads like the 901 and 801/be112. But it's a tubeless attny like the 306. Although I could probably pull the steel tube off a 401 cartomizer and attach it to a stock attny if a tube turns out to be a necessity. I'm feeling a need to tinker coming on... :)

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Good point. A tube isn't needed for the feed part at all. But, one would have to put some fat o rings on a drip tip so it could fit in the chimney and cone! Or, "tail pipe"--- like some sub-ohmers are doing with super wide barrel drip tips. :closedeyes:

Back in the day I had a sleeve that was produced to fit my Ikenvape io6 attys that worked wonderfully. After the slant coil version of the Vapage Hybrid atty came out, I never used anything else with the device.

And for further info -- the Vmod does use a propriatery liquid bottle that has threads. That is why no tube or needle is needed.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    That's good info to know about the proprietary bottle. I'm not a big flavor-changer tho, After years of vaping, I've reverted back to menthol. Boring I know, but it's a taste I smoked for 35 years so I guess it's a 'comfort' flavor - and it doesn't make me hungry :) So not a deal-breaker.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    thanks for the closeup, tearose. The 401 attny body has recessed threads like the 901 and 801/be112. But it's a tubeless attny like the 306. Although I could probably pull the steel tube off a 401 cartomizer and attach it to a stock attny if a tube turns out to be a necessity. I'm feeling a need to tinker coming on... :)

Tinker away, but all we ask of you is.......

Pics, please! :D

I don't know what you vape in menthol, but I will shamelessly plug NiteLiteVapor here. They have THE best in Ultra Menthol Drops anywhere. You must add it to existing liquid, but it's by far the best in menthols.

You can read up on it if you like, here:

www.pvliquids.com

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread