Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
That's interesting! I have a bunch of ribbon wire and always thought it'd be too wide to set up in a KFL. I'll have to experiment a bit with that next time I change a coil. :2cool:

David, how do you secure the coil legs of ribbon wire under those tiny screws? I found it tends to twist upright if you try to wrap it round the posts. I used it in my AGA-T2. (spelling? haven't used those attys in ages)

I tried wrapping the ribbon around the screws but it didn't work well. It pushed the wire into the holes and made getting the screws out harder. I just lay the ribbon flat on the block against the screw. The ribbon is 0.5mm x 1mm. The B/M has 7&8 I think. I may pick up some 8 to try.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
For those using cotton. How often do you change it? Or maybe the question should be when do you know it needs changed? The way this KFL is working I'm thinking of retiring my rba and building my KFL with the nano kit for Sludge. Dang First one KFL now two and I'm thinking of getting number three. This forum is a bad influence.

David I usually rewick with cotton after 2 tanks , I found the flavor changes with Legend halfway through the third tank so 2 tanks is as far as I go , I haven't tried seeing how far I can get with other HHV juices , cotton is cheap and wanting to rewick halfway through a tank is a PITA so I change it after 2 for all my juices , keeps it tasting good that way .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks, Retic. You just answered my question to David... :D
Pretty cheap too, but with shipping out to BKK, don't know if I can justify the price.

Chak if you want place an order and have them shipped to me and I'll mail them to you , they weigh next to nothing , shouldn't be a problem that way .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
David I usually rewick with cotton after 2 tanks , I found the flavor changes with Legend halfway through the third tank so 2 tanks is as far as I go , I haven't tried seeing how far I can get with other HHV juices , cotton is cheap and wanting to rewick halfway through a tank is a PITA so I change it after 2 for all my juices , keeps it tasting good that way .

I think silica is pretty close to the same as cotton. I also get about 2-1/2 tanks of DF before I start to notice the flavor change a little. Not bad so I usually go three tanks before I clean/burn the silica. I believe it's as much juice-related as it is wick material related.

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
dropped the wife off at the Dr.s for her pre-op visit and then had 2 hrs to waste.... so I went to the local vape shop and picked up a 5$ 510 dripper. Best 5$ I have spent in a long time ( other than for beer). It looks like a Blu cartridge with the top missing and a 510 drip tip fits perfectly into it... :)
talk about pure clean flavor... and loads of nic to boot.
Also picked up an Igo-W for 14$, looks like Ill be facing another learning curve on this one. Not too highly impressed at the moment butonce I get the coils set up properly and the airflow where I like it, looks like dripping may be interesting to say the least...

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
dropped the wife off at the Dr.s for her pre-op visit and then had 2 hrs to waste.... so I went to the local vape shop and picked up a 5$ 510 dripper. Best 5$ I have spent in a long time ( other than for beer). It looks like a Blu cartridge with the top missing and a 510 drip tip fits perfectly into it... :)
talk about pure clean flavor... and loads of nic to boot.
Also picked up an Igo-W for 14$, looks like Ill be facing another learning curve on this one. Not too highly impressed at the moment butonce I get the coils set up properly and the airflow where I like it, looks like dripping may be interesting to say the least...

Always the learning curve when you get something new. I'm still learning my way around the KFL. Broke the coil last night changing the cotton. So new coil and cotton today. But I think I have too much cotton in it. Going to change it again. Learning curve.

Yup to much cotton caused the juice to bottle neck and gunk up the cotton.

Last edited:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Always the learning curve when you get something new. I'm still learning my way around the KFL. Broke the coil last night changing the cotton. So new coil and cotton today. But I think I have too much cotton in it. Going to change it again. Learning curve.

Yup to much cotton caused the juice to bottle neck and gunk up the cotton.

If the cotton doesn't slide through easily with little resistance it's too much , it'll become second nature in no time though David .

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
That's about what I was thinking. The first one I did was like that and I knew this one wasn't.

And just in case this hasn't been posted. For everyone's drooling pleasure.
EHPro Gold Kayfun Lite Plus Clone $54.99 - VividSmoke.com

I'm still partial to the black ones , I would like to put one on top a panzer blackhawk , it'd be an evil looking combination , probably good in a bar fight as well , those panzers are heavy mechs .

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I'm still partial to the black ones , I would like to put one on top a panzer blackhawk , it'd be an evil looking combination , probably good in a bar fight as well , those panzers are heavy mechs .

I was thinking about the Magneto copper at the B/M. But they have the Panser clone now. If I was to get another mech that's the one I'd be leaning toward. I'm planning to get a black one to go on the XPV when it gets here.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Lazy day off for me. I was supposed to send in my reo woodvil but I just don't want to be separated from it..
Then the sub ohm kits were finally released. I have a brand new top cap for the rm2 which wasn't drilled or anything so I felt compelled to attack it.
Brushed, drilled and ready for sub ohm plumage ..
I really should also brush my other nickel plated rm2 but it's rocking serendipity and this entire week I've been vaping the heck out of it.

3/32 is what my bit was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread