Link to webcast of Dec. 17 FDA Public Hearing on NRT & Innovative Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I urge all e-cigarette consumers who can to watch the Webcast of FDA's Public Hearing on Monday Dec. 17, 2012. The topic is:
[h=1]FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing[/h]
https://collaboration.fda.gov/Section918

For more information on the meeting:

FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing

If you live within driving distance of Silver Spring, MD, please consider attending in person. If you do attend, please come up and introduce yourself to us. We like to know who our friends are! :thumbs:

P.S. The meeting starts at 8 am Eastern, and tobacco Harm Reduction advocates are on on first. E-cigarette vendors and a representative from AEMSA close out the presentations in the afternoon.

Link to meeting Agenda: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/NewsEvents/UCM331857.pdf

Note, however, that if speakers and Q&A do not take up the full time allocated (16 min), the meeting moderators will be moving on to the next speaker.

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I also urge all e-cigarette advocates to watch the webcast of FDA's hearing on Monday (from 8AM - 5PM eastern US time), as this could be very influential in facilitating future FDA e-cigarette policies and potential regulations.

Seven e-cigarette consumers, three e-cigarette vendors and five other THR advocates are scheduled to testify, along with 8 folks who work for or are funded by drug companies (most of whom were/are e-cigarette prohibitionists)

A description of some of the folks testifying is at:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ring-dec-17-nrt-regulation-6.html#post8020801

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Thank you for this information. I have it bookmarked.And especially a huge thank you for all that you do for the vaping community.

Because of my vaping devices ( I refuse to call them...cigarettes, because they're nothing at all like cigarettes) I have been blessedly free from cigarettes for over three years.

Please keep up the excellent work you are doing.

Kay Perkins

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
as an infant of the vaping community i have been gifted a smoke free lifestlye only recently but already in this short period of time i have noticed changes not only physically , but mentally as well. i guess the best way to put this is that no matter what walk of life you are from an addiction , whether it be hard drugs , alcohol or even simply cigerettes , they are all the same , an affliction. and anything that can help absolve someone of any of these, is a positive. vaping absolved me of mine. as it has done for countless thousands of others. it has formulated a community out of a common goal in life. to rid themselves of the cancer that is tobacco.(infact with the ecf folding@home it has gone to further help the research in preventative measures of this disease.an action i am proud to be part of) that has been advertised celebrated and forced onto people from a young age. for immeasurable profit. billions has been spent on marketing these products to us. and now when a technology has been formulated to combat this. uproar is caused, not for health risks but for risk to profit. but nonetheless i think this public hearing can be a good thing. all industries need regulation. and if what comes from this is further research and regulation that go to enhancing the safety around vaping and its products. then that is a positive , and lets hope that is what comes from this. and not an action that could harm vaping, because the only thing that will achieve is the continuation of analogues being marketed and pushed onto people , going against health statistics in order to further line the pockets of the corporations behind what is effectively a killer.

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
the only thing i can say is this:

to all the people that work hard for our rights, who work hard to help us live a happier, healthier lifestyle, all of this great community, thank you CASAA. you have all done an amazing job thus far, and i hope that you give the FDA hell on monday. if you don't have a copy of the clearstream study, please feel free to take the charts from the link in my signature, it will surely be a great asset to our fight.

if we get a ban on monday, i know you'll have tried and i commend everything that you've done for us up to this point, if we get regulation and taxation, i'll consider it a win, and i'll be ready to run out on the streets and celebrate

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
I wish only that I could do something to help our cause. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend in person. A sincere thank you to those who can show up on our behalf. I know that you have the full support of every single vape-r in this community. If need be, I have absolutely no issue with placing my name on a petition should the need arise. Hell, I'd be a regular John Hancock!! I'm proud that vaping got me away from those nasty cancer sticks, and I'm sure that this entire community would rise together should our lifestyle be threatened. Absolute best of luck to those standing for what we all believe in!!

Please all, do support this. I can tell you as a physician who wants to help treat tobacco addiction and sees the process of these new products I desperately want to FDA to finally wake up and give e-cigarettes a fair shake. Everyone needs to stand up and make sure the FDA makes future decisions and statements on electronic cigarettes based on fact and NOT the absence of facts and fear.

Throttles

Night Time Watch
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Northern IL
As a new vapee I would like to thank you and everyone else who have been standing up for the rights our peers. I have tried every other option to quit smoking and until I fully vested myself into vaping nothing has worked. I wish I could be there to provide support in person, but you can be damn sure I will be watching on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread