Link to webcast of Dec. 17 FDA Public Hearing on NRT & Innovative Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Pete

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2012
Vegas
this is all bull...... They are just putting on a show to pretend they care about peoples health and safety. The FDA has people on the directors boards of these tobacco , pharmaceutical, and chemical companies. Their only real interest is to find a way to screw with the way nicotine can be used, consumed and what things it goes into so they can keep their income steady. They want people to be hooked on tobacco and then the people who try and quit use nicotine gum and patches which means we are being lead from using one product into another that the fda has influence on. its all about $

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Converted the four Adobe Web casts to MPEG4 video, 8 bit mono PCM audio, AVI files, put them on my home server. The four files are 236, 352, 373, and 128 MB, video frame 1074 x 670 pixels. They play well on PCs and on my Droid (MX Player on the Droid).

Last edited:

tgrsaint

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
I'm duping the files over to MPEG4 encoded AVI, likely easier to view for some people. Enjoying getting a chance to see some of the presentations I missed originally :)

Loving the CC -- "we are thinking about some people who can benefit from those stocks" -- panel member comments after a speaker urged removing Chantix approval (typo or misspoken, but still classic :) )

Just came back here from the FDA site; sorry to trouble you, but where exactly did you find the files so that you could copy them?
Thanks

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I searched ECF for video links to the Dec 17th FDA hearing but couldn't find anything. I found these on YouTube and wanted to pass the links on. If these were already posted, my apologies for the double post:
I found the following videos on YouTube which may interest those of you who couldn't see them live.
I posted them in the order that they appeared on YouTube. I am uncertain if these are all the speakers; they were the ones I was able to find.

Mr. Lou Ritter, American E-liquid Manufacturing Standards Association (AEMSA)
Lou Ritter - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

Mr. Bill Godshall, Smokefree Pennsylvania
Bill Godshall - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

Mr. Linc Williams, Documentary Director
Linc Williams - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

Mr. Gilbert Ross, American Council on Science and Health
Gilbert Ross, MD - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

Mrs. Elaine Keller, Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association (CASAA.org)
Elaine Keller - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

Mr. Carl V. Phillips, PhD - Populi Health Institute
Carl Phillips - FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

For more information and the complete hearing - FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Here is a link for the AVI: http://markfm.dynalias.org/transfer/fda.htm

Right click on any of them and do a "Save As", copy the file to your local computer.

Low bandwidth from my home, so the downloads take time. To just check how they came out, try the fourth file, which is the smallest.

slin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SoCal
Vaping community is still young and powerless, These hearings are just " dog and pony show " NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT OF IT other than lobbyist have to spend little more money on FDA officials. Its my opinion. But vaping community is getting stronger and still helping each other out more than ever. Big THANKS to ECF. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YA ALL

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Vaping community is still young and powerless, These hearings are just " dog and pony show " NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT OF IT other than lobbyist have to spend little more money on FDA officials. Its my opinion. But vaping community is getting stronger and still helping each other out more than ever. Big THANKS to ECF. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YA ALL

.."and to all a good Vape!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread