listing side by side mods

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Looks like 100 Euros or Pounds from what i see in the screen capture.

Thanks. I was looking but missed that trailing reference (Euro). Not a bad price. I'd like to see if it holds up and what-not, but it's interesting.

Because I need another mod. :blink: :blush:

Nevermind. :w00t:

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well, besides the price, it looks way to much like a Juppi for me.
OK, a dna Juppi...but the form factor is not new enough to be attractive, to me at least.

I take it you're not much of a Juppi fan.

(Now I've got to Google that mod - vague recollections only).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I wanted to like the Woto Witcher, but the size- It's about same height, depth as a Squeeze 2- but longer. About 30-40 grams less in weight, but the SQ2 while a great mod- the size makes it 'modus non gratis pocketus'.

I don't know why but it always reminded of Weebles (silly toys from when I was knee-high to a grasshopper).

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
I take it you're not much of a Juppi fan
In fact i AM a Juppi fan, I owe two.
Compact and efficient, i love the look.
What I meant was it's a pity to design a mod, especially a high-range price one, that looks so close to a 15$ one.

Got it. Now I remember. That's a big honker.

Sorry Dave, I don't understand "honker" and could not find any good translation !
A little help for poor french guy please :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry, B. That's a nothing word. I should have italicized the word, "Big" as the one with impact in my sentence.

"Honker" is just a slang word for (something, anything). I could have used:
  • Thing
  • Mod
  • Sucker
  • Device
  • (or pretty much any noun referring to something as it wasn't too important)
I never had a Juppi but I thought it was on the larger and heavier size (of the SBS mod options on the market at the time). Is that accurate?

The printed mod? It looks small, and kind of cute (maybe), but no, I wouldn't be getting one. If I were any happier than I am with my Xvos, it might be considered illegal. ;)

I've looked at all the SBS' out there, but knew I'd be disappointed if I got any (and there are some NICE ones), so I uncharacteristically refrained from doing so.

• Love

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Thanks for the slang explanation D. ! I have learn something today :)
The Juppi is quite on the small size.
The same of the printed-18650 mod.
The best SBS mod , quality/price ratio, was for me the Smoant Knight V2.
But it's discontinued and no brand has ever made since a decent replacement.
Too bad as I think there is a market for it, instead of selling the same 230 watts box mod overdesigned, or the same pod, or the BF mod that you can also found everywhere.
Vape makers lacks innovation...

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
i remember looking at the minion box mod at some point and as i recall i gave up considering it was to pricey to my eyes for a 3d printed mod with no protection for the tank,plus the 510 connection looks a bit to low,but it has a DNA board which is a plus for me.
here's the site,but i think now it's mostly done through FB: http://www.tek-division.com/
this is the one i was interested in(even kept the picture):

20429933_1655880574484079_3087007172779825474_n.jpg

right now i have the juppi,it has a very bad menu interface but gets the job done.
at some point i might go with one of the rusmods sbs,even though the new minion posted earlier looks really nice i can't look around it not having a tank protection.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for the slang explanation D. ! I have learn something today :)
The Juppi is quite on the small size.
The same of the printed-18650 mod.
The best SBS mod , quality/price ratio, was for me the Smoant Knight V2.
But it's discontinued and no brand has ever made since a decent replacement.
Too bad as I think there is a market for it, instead of selling the same 230 watts box mod overdesigned, or the same pod, or the BF mod that you can also found everywhere.
Vape makers lacks innovation...

Nice! I didn't realize it was that small.

The Knight V2 would have had me if I wasn't already long holding the Xvos (which makes sense given its design).

By the time Xvo was announced, I was two years deep with the Billet Boxes, so I couldn't get one (two) fast enough. Then the copies started coming, and I was satisfied to just watch the activity. I still use them daily.

i remember looking at the minion box mod at some point and as i recall i gave up considering it was to pricey to my eyes for a 3d printed mod with no protection for the tank,plus the 510 connection looks a bit to low,but it has a DNA board which is a plus for me.
here's the site,but i think now it's mostly done through FB: http://www.tek-division.com/
this is the one i was interested in(even kept the picture):

View attachment 776327

right now i have the juppi,it has a very bad menu interface but gets the job done.
at some point i might go with one of the rusmods sbs,even though the new minion posted earlier looks really nice i can't look around it not having a tank protection.

The SS Minion definitely grabbed my attention when it dropped, but same reason as with the others for me. Loved looking though - this thread was a great source as stuff hit the market.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Found this, its 3D printed. Looks nice but dont like the DNA60 chip or generaly any DNA doesnt cut for me in power mode.

Big plus is that it fits 25mm atties...might make me pull the tigger, but I do own the Juppi, and I'm not a big fan....mostly because it feels cheap and the fire button is in a very bad place.
Can't quite make out where the fire button is on this one.
And do you have to choose a model (1835/18500/18650) or does it come with all battery extensions?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry Dave, I don't understand "honker" and could not find any good translation !
A little help for poor french guy please :)

"Honker" is just a slang word for (something, anything).

Hey @Lanciab - check it out. I laughed out loud when he referred to it as a "...big, honkin' mod."

It's an all-purpose word (LOL)!

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks ! :)
I'll try to put it in almost every english sentence i'll say to my french buddies, funny challenge..

LOL!!! I like it.

It's a very useful & flexible word. It can be a noun or an adjective, and can even be used as an acceptable replacement for another "more colorful" word when in a place (such as a forum) that frowns upon such "colorful" language. ;) :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread