listing side by side mods

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ah thanks DPLongo22. Well I just put one and then two in my cart and I found out:

$17.00 - EcoPost shipping with tracking number: 1-2 weeks
$12.00 - Untracked shipping: replacement is shipped if not delivered within 2 months

For 2 of them they are:

$45.00 - EcoPost shipping with tracking number: 1-2 weeks
$12.00 - Untracked shipping: replacement is shipped if not delivered within 2 months

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ah thanks DPLongo22. Well I just put one and then two in my cart and I found out:

For 2 of them they are:

Thanks Bill! So it went up a little. Considering how much less the mod is now, all in all, heckuva deal.

The transit time sounds about right to me, from what I recall. It's a little sketchy (in my brain) because those little babies did some traveling (too long a story to tell but it all worked out just fine).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

For 2 of them they are:

And what did you decide, Bill, she asked kuriosly?

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well I bought 1 Katdarling with tracking and hopefully I'll have it in my hands and get to play with it enough before they sell out in case I want to order more. ;)

UPDATE: Ah it looks like they are just taking orders and only planning on making only a hundred of them. And they plan on shipping them at the end of January. Then once I got one, it will be too late to order more until they make another production run of them. So I guess I should order some more now. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I don't know how many were eying the Railbox, but never pulled the trigger since they cost like 300 bucks plus like me. Well eciggity are clearing them out for $84.60 (TENOFF coupon + free shipping). They use a small screen DNA40 btw.

Railbox Mod by Vape.Tools 001.png

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey Bill,

On the Xvos, I expect Chels will do what he's done in the past, which is wait until all planned units have been pre-ordered, then begin cranking them out. In that regard, the initial projections can sometimes be approximations. They may do these differently though, which is one of my points interest to watch.

They're usually good about keeping people updated though, so it may be a good idea to subscribe to their Supplier thread (assuming it's still live).

The Railbox. I liked it a lot. It was very cool technology, especially at the time. I used it for awhile then eventually sold it off. It's very big, and it was getting harder and harder to reach for it instead of one of my Xvos, which are tiny in comparison.

They (RBs) do require a small bit of maintenance to ensure that all the moving parts keep working smoothly. It's nothing crazy, but it is important that an owner does them, or the mod will eventually start giving you problems.

All in all, I'd say that's a really nice deal if someone was interested in trying them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't know how many were eying the Railbox, but never pulled the trigger since they cost like 300 bucks plus like me. Well eciggity are clearing them out for $84.60 (TENOFF coupon + free shipping). They use a small screen DNA40 btw.

View attachment 780801

Ohzhit. I just now remembered that I'm pretty sure the Railboxes were cloned. I'm not 100% certain though that they ever made it into production.

The kicker is that I have no idea how to identify if it's authentic or not. :(

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yeah I remember that DPLongo22. The clone uses a metal ball bearing while the authentic one uses a plastic one. The DNA40 is fake too without Stealth and Left and Right modes. The 510 pin doesn't spring back well and lots of other things. Here is the guy who designed the Railbox is looking at a clone in this video and he goes through it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah I remember that DPLongo22. The clone uses a metal ball bearing while the real one uses a plastic one. The DNA40 is fake too without Stealth and Left and Right modes. The 510 pin doesn't spring back well and lots of other things. Here is the guy who designed the Railbox is looking at a clone in this video and he goes through it.

EXCELLENT - thanks Bill. The pics look like the authi to me, but we know what folks can do with pics. I'd want some type of assurance from Eciggity that they weren't clones if I were looking/buying.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They had them for years and they dropped the price down to $150 and I guess they just really want to get rid of them now. 40 watt mods just doesn't sell well anymore. Except for a few of us that still doesn't need more. :)

You answered the question that was floating around my head. THANK YOU!!!

Yeah, measly little 40 watt mods...;)

Fantastic deal.for authentic RailBox. I hope some folks decide to try it. There's such something about it that I found SO cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread