Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Does anyone know what the Distance from the 510 Connector to the top of the Battery Tube is?

I don't, but if you're in the "SbS - Side by Side mods listing (21+)" group on Facebook, I'll bet anything that at least a few of the folks there can spit out the exact measurements without a moment's hesitation.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't, but if you're in the "SbS - Side by Side mods listing (21+)" group on Facebook, I'll bet anything that at least a few of the folks there can spit out the exact measurements without a moment's hesitation.

Thanks DPLongo

But I avoid Facebook like the Black Plague Corona Virus.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks DPLongo

But I avoid Facebook like the Black Plague Corona Virus.

Understood, Z. Let me see what I can find out for you.

Did you notice the weight? That's a pretty heavy bugger for a printed mod. I think it's 120'ish (or something), and full out Xvo is but 150.

Odd...

Reactions: Katdarling

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Understood, Z. Let me see what I can find out for you.

Did you notice the weight? That's a pretty heavy bugger for a printed mod. I think it's 120'ish (or something), and full out Xvo is but 150.

Odd...

Thanks DP.

It just seems strange that on a SxS, that the Atomizer Height isn't included. Kinda Tells ya what Atomizers will work. And which ones Won't.

Yeah... I saw those Weight Numbers. I wonder if they are correct?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks DP.

It just seems strange that on a SxS, that the Atomizer Height isn't included. Kinda Tells ya what Atomizers will work. And which ones Won't.

Yeah... I saw those Weight Numbers. I wonder if they are correct?

I believe they are correct. I guess the original came out some time back, when we didn't see the lightweights we're seeing now.

One expert believes the well is in the 28-31mm ballpark, which was normal for that time. If you have shorter atties, a good heat-sink is great to have on hand. I keep a few handy.

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

One expert believes the well is in the 28-31mm ballpark, which was normal for that time. If you have shorter atties, a good heat-sink is great to have on hand. I keep a few handy.

If the Mod is 80mm Total, a 30mm well depth sounds about right. Because it looks like the well is a little Less than 1/2 the Height of the Mod.

• Agree

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If the Mod is 80mm Total, a 30mm well depth sounds about right. Because it looks like the well is a little Less than 1/2 the Height of the Mod.

Yeah. I was going to say that it looked to be in that area, but the last time I "projected" about well depth (here), I came out looking foolish.

Far from unusual, but I try to avoid the trains I can see coming. ;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah. I was going to say that it looked to be in that area, but the last time I "projected" about well depth (here), I came out looking foolish.

Far from unusual, but I try to avoid the trains I can see coming. ;)

Yep. Been there... Done That.

It's not really a Big Deal. Because it sounds like it Won't be available for awhile anyway. So I'm sure as we get Closer, some Reviewer will get a hold of one and All the Specs will be Revealed.

BTW - These Perforated Tubes look kinda Cool. With a Mixy-Matchy battery wrap of course.

Buy SXK Insider DB Killer Style 70W Black Hollow 18650 Battery Tube

• Agree

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yep. Been there... Done That.

It's not really a Big Deal. Because it sounds like it Won't be available for awhile anyway. So I'm sure as we get Closer, some Reviewer will get a hold of one and All the Specs will be Revealed.

BTW - These Perforated Tubes look kinda Cool. With a Mixy-Matchy battery wrap of course.

Buy SXK Insider DB Killer Style 70W Black Hollow 18650 Battery Tube

Yeah - I noticed those too. I might grab some for use with a couple of other mods that I think they might work well with.

Can't have too much stuff, after all. :cool::lol:

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Noodles11 - I think you're going to be very pleased. The more I hold and use this thing, the more impressed I am with it. Every cut and line is smooth as silk, and it's ridiculously comfortable to hold, fire, and use. Button placement, perfection (for me).

Fully loaded with an 18650 and 5ml Erlkonigin, it weighs in at 172 grams. My BB4, by comparison, is 220.

I hope your experiences are consistent with mine this time, unlike the heartaches you suffered with the Xvo.

My Xvos aren't going anywhere, and will continue to find places, but the Warlock has officially replaced them as my "Preferred O&A" device.

Vaping. It's personal. :cool:

View attachment 886671

Just got home from 5 weeks at sea DP and first thing i did was unwrap and fire up my Warlock ...... And yes i think Damnmod have nailed it with this, awesome mod so well made and light ..threw on a Nautilus GT Tank and couldnt be happieronly trouble is my wife has claimed it already which is OK as the Nauty GT is easier for her to fill than the bloody Kabuki,s...if any one was contemplateing getting a Xvo Stik i would advise getting the warlock instead in my Opinion its light years ahead of the Xvo .. Dunno how long i will hang onto my Xvos for ...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::unsure:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just got home from 5 weeks at sea DP and first thing i did was unwrap and fire up my Warlock ...... And yes i think Damnmod have nailed it with this, awesome mod so well made and light ..threw on a Nautilus GT Tank and couldnt be happieronly trouble is my wife has claimed it already which is OK as the Nauty GT is easier for her to fill than the bloody Kabuki,s...if any one was contemplateing getting a Xvo Stik i would advise getting the warlock instead in my Opinion its light years ahead of the Xvo .. Dunno how long i will hang onto my Xvos for ...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::unsure:

:thumbs::D:banana::vapor::toast:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

A delayed reaction, @Noodles11 , but I did want to say that I'm SO GLAD to hear that!!! Agreed - I absolutely love them and it's going to be getting the large amount of my attention for quite some time (for SURE). I'm looking forward to receiving a few top protectors for the battery tube, but more on that in a later post. ;)

Regarding the Xvos, I just can't see letting mine ever go, and I know Ms. @Katdarling feels the same way. In fact, it was exactly five years ago tomorrow that we placed the pre-order for the first Xvos. I still love these things, and will continue to use them, just a bit less now that the lighter Warlock is in play.

I just snapped this for the 5 year anniversary. Simple, yet effective, and still looking pretty-not-bad for five year old mods (I think). :cool:

Memories, they flood... :wub:

Xvos-5years_20200703_195332.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread