listing side by side mods

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Can't blame you for that Dave.
We make our décisions based on our experiences and feelings.
Regardings the products I can find locally made at a decent price, I try to buy European stuff first.
But I cannot say no to my boy & girl to have Nike's on their foot, Samsung phones and so on...
We made ourselves way too dependant from some eastern products.
We always want more, better, cheaper, even if we don't need.
Society at large has to change.
For my 50-years old generation I think it's too late.
Let's hope our kids will be more courageous and less greedy than us.

(Well, quite off-topic , I sincerely apologize)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Can't blame you for that Dave.
We make our décisions based on our experiences and feelings.
Regardings the products I can find locally made at a decent price, I try to buy European stuff first.
But I cannot say no to my boy & girl to have Nike's on their foot, Samsung phones and so on...
We made ourselves way too dependant from some eastern products.
We always want more, better, cheaper, even if we don't need.
Society at large has to change.
For my 50-years old generation I think it's too late.
Let's hope our kids will be more courageous and less greedy than us.

(Well, quite off-topic , I sincerely apologize)

Family first, Bruno, yes. Always and forever. I was talking strictly vape, and mainly because that's a "luxury" expense. To clothe or take care of my children, yes, all bets would be off (but I'd still be cursing them as I purchased my needs from them).

Survival first, idealism much later. :thumb:

Apologies NEVER necessary between you and me, just for the record. :)

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
does anyone know if i can swithch toa longer life battery for the smokstik80? or is it just what it is? tia

Fairly certain the Smok Stick 80 has an internal battery. You won't be able to change that

Yes they are meant to be disposable. But if you are good at taking things apart and handy at soldering... and well aware that disassembly, the battery might short and explode... well then knock yourself out. You will need a fresh cylinder 2800mAh cell with solder tabs with dimensions I currently don't have right now.

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
Kizoku Techmod - supports up to 24mm diameter attys, USB-C, supposedly around $60 for just the mod, current listing is $97 as a kit with a RTA. Coming around June.
kizoku-tech-mod-schwarz-silber.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Why? People should know, Shan. It's absolutely outrageous that you're having trouble getting your money back after giving them ALL THE ROPE IN THE WORLD.

I went to see if their Facebook page was still active, and even THAT'S been dormant for years. I'm appalled that they're STILL accepting payment from people - right now, believe it or now.

I feel TERRIBLE for you. :(

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA
Why? People should know, Shan. It's absolutely outrageous that you're having trouble getting your money back after giving them ALL THE ROPE IN THE WORLD.

I went to see if their Facebook page was still active, and even THAT'S been dormant for years. I'm appalled that they're STILL accepting payment from people - right now, believe it or now.

I feel TERRIBLE for you. :(

Thanks for that. You are right. I think people should know also. I am not a whiner and knew when I ordered that there might be delays but never dreamed it would go on for 14 months. When I ordered they were saying 3-4 months turn-around. I will edit and repost. Thanks again.

• Winner
Reactions: DPLongo22

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA
Has anyone else had an issue with obtaining a refund from Mini-ecig because of delays? I realize lock-downs from the virus have made some things unstable, but their email after my cancellation stated 1-2 days, and Its now been 19 days.
I received the email below when I submitted a cancellation/refund request after 14 months. I replied to this email confirming my PayPal email address, which they already had. Of course its been longer then six months, so now they are having trouble refunding? So I then created an Invoice through PayPal for the amount of $167 and submitted that to them in a reply the next day and also on their Contact form on the Mini-Ecig website on May 8th. The Contact page states that they will accept cancellations after six months. PayPal states you can not ask for a refund after 180 days, and no one in their right mind (except a crazy vapor) would accept waiting for an order for that long, but having followed Mini-Ecig's many production problems and delays, and because of their high reputation in the past, I went along with the delays to own a beautiful SBS.
Tuesday evening I submitted another help comment to their website asking about the refund.
To date, I have heard nothing. I am at a quandary on what to do next.
=============================================
Mini Tools - Order Update 73xx
Thu, May 07, 2020 01:34 PM
Order ID: 73xx
Date Ordered: 04/03/2019 ( Note: U.S. date = 3/04/2019)
text_order_total 167 USD
Your order has been updated to the following status: Accepted for shipping
---------------------------------------------
1 x XvoStick
The comments for your order are:
=============================================
Hi xxxxx,
Could you please provide your PayPal account for refund? More then 6 months has passed from the payment and we cannot do it automatically.
We will do a refund in 1-2 days.
Have a nice day,
MiniEcig team

mahumnut

Oct 24, 2019
It's showing $69 once you login at 3F.
Looks like 3F recently listed the mod alone as $45 with an expected ship date of June 28. Just a week ago I'd written off the possibility of ever seeing another SBS in the same price range as you're typical mass produced China stuff, considering the advent of "pod mods" (and their proprietary plastic tank :censored:).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Looks like 3F recently listed the mod alone as $45 with an expected ship date of June 28. Just a week ago I'd written off the possibility of ever seeing another SBS in the same price range as you're typical mass produced China stuff, considering the advent of "pod mods" (and their proprietary plastic tank :censored:).

It's always difficult to predict, but their recently regained popularity makes me think we may see more coming out from there. This is actually the biggest I've seen the SbS market since it hit the scene. People are sucking them up like Billet Boxes, and it's taking on a similar feel, where everybody wants every model.

I'm not in the group, but I recognize the symptoms. If that all holds true to form, China will likely respond. If they do, I hope they do a much better job than they did with the Xvo, back in '15.

Not for me, but for anyone who buys one.

Users who are viewing this thread