listing side by side mods

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Finally got a tracking number for my Xvostick!!!

Ordered one back in January...knew that fans had said it could be a long wait, but I took the gamble anyway, and boy...2020 really delivered on that delay!

But...finally saw a new unit go for sale elsewhere, and it should be here Monday!

And I’ll have one to use while Chels and the team finish the batch my order was from, while coping with all that Covid has ruined for them.

But, they’re still committed to the task, and have posted some updates, so I’m hopeful that I’ll have two in my collection at some point!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well, after being frustrated with the screen orientation on the XvoStick, I finally decided to see what eScribe was all about.

Not only did I rotate the screen to right-hand orientation, but I also added what I feel is some justice to this wonderful device...
13c8e65a8797e54d6c174a116e563798.jpg

Sorry it’s not the best picture quality...the screen is so bright, and after I dialed it down to 60%!!!!

But I felt the XvoStick deserved a maker’s mark.

I am NOT a graphic artist, and I’m sure someone else could do it better...but at least it gets the message across!

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
Well, after being frustrated with the screen orientation on the XvoStick, I finally decided to see what eScribe was all about.

I am NOT a graphic artist, and I’m sure someone else could do it better...but at least it gets the message across!

Super cool. I am waiting for my Xvostick as well. Congrats on finding one for sale. Any thoughts of sharing your dna 60 theme on the evolv site or otherwise?

tom

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Super cool. I am waiting for my Xvostick as well. Congrats on finding one for sale. Any thoughts of sharing your dna 60 theme on the evolv site or otherwise?

tom

I wasn’t able to get it to upload, as I didn’t create a whole theme...just the one image, to replace the stock EVOLV welcome screen.

I’ll see if I can upload the one image here!

Reactions: Tor R

NathanL

Oct 17, 2020
Well I finally plumped for the Berserker, its just about the max height I am happy with, with the shortest tip I could rustle up. Think I will stick with it. Only thing really bugging me now is the step under the tank. I'd really like to mill it off but would need to strip down the mod to access it, plus of course I would have to check the pin height is ok. Cant find any teardown vids yet, maybe I will see what I can do.

1052020171459.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well I finally plumped for the Berserker, its just about the max height I am happy with, with the shortest tip I could rustle up. Think I will stick with it. Only thing really bugging me now is the step under the tank. I'd really like to mill it off but would need to strip down the mod to access it, plus of course I would have to check the pin height is ok. Cant find any teardown vids yet, maybe I will see what I can do.

View attachment 915441

My techmod just shipped yesterday, what you thinking of it so far?

Reactions: DPLongo22

NathanL

Oct 17, 2020
    Pretty much what you'd expect really. I only use power mode, about 9w on .95ohm kanthal so havent tested it on temp mode. My only gripes really are the raised tank platform and the overly light fire button which doesnt take much at all to activate. Lean against your pocket and its firing up, no question. Luckily the up/down buttons can be locked so thats something. Other than that, I love the weight (heavy), asthetics and compactness. Oh and the screen is bloody bright as well, too bright when trying to be stealthy in a darkened room..ahem cinema...

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    Super cool. I am waiting for my Xvostick as well. Congrats on finding one for sale. Any thoughts of sharing your DNA 60 theme on the evolv site or otherwise?

tom
    Here is the 1st and 2nd screen that I've been using on my Xvostick, the rest are stock Evolv.
    1st screen.png
    2nd screen.png

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Finally got a tracking number for my Xvostick!!!

Ordered one back in January...knew that fans had said it could be a long wait, but I took the gamble anyway, and boy...2020 really delivered on that delay!

But...finally saw a new unit go for sale elsewhere, and it should be here Monday!

And I’ll have one to use while Chels and the team finish the batch my order was from, while coping with all that Covid has ruined for them.

But, they’re still committed to the task, and have posted some updates, so I’m hopeful that I’ll have two in my collection at some point!
    Mine was ordered on January 13th, no word yet on mine.
    Looking at the post again I'm not sure if the received tracking number was from MiniEcig or from the one ordered elsewhere.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Mine was ordered on January 13th, no word yet on mine.
    Looking at the post again I'm not sure if the received tracking number was from MiniEcig or from the one ordered elsewhere.

You used to be able to check your order status on MINI's site. Is that feature still active?

• Agree
    Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    You used to be able to check your order status on MINI's site. Is that feature still active?
    Yes, checked but not yet shipped.
    Here is a quote from their FB page:
    Hi all! The production takes way much longer than any of us could expect. We would like to apologize for this. These are the tough times and we will remember 2020 as a Covid year. For some types of businesses it’s easier: switch to remote work and that’s all. For the factory, it’s impossible. Plus regulators put restrictions on the number of workers which can be present at the factory at once. For a couple of months the factory was totally closed because of the regulations. Then Israel regulators allowed only 1/3rd of workers to be present at the factory for the whole summer. This also means that the CNC machines can be utilized also only for 1/3rd.
    This situation allows to postpone the execution of contracts but does not cancel them, so the factory is busy trying to catch up on the delayed contracts. And again it’s much harder in comparison, for example, with IT companies. The restrictions are lighter but still remain. It’s impossible to work just harder or faster. If a CNC machine needs 10 minutes for an operation, there is no way to speed it up. With or without restrictions, this will be still 10 minutes.
    One of the CNC machines is busier than others, because it can do more complicated operations. And we are totally stuck waiting for it.
    Before the CNC machine can start working on a new part, it requires adjustments and checks. So changing the program is not a simple and short operation. If anything goes wrong, then the metal part will be simply damaged while it already passed several operations. So to make the part we need, the CNC machine should be allocated for several days (and then couple of days to switch it to the original or another part it was doing).
    The factory is making the XvoSticks in background. The main part of its orders are very large, tens of thousands of identical pieces. In other words, switching to an XvoStick’s part and back will take at least one week while the CNC machine is fully allocated for the large order with identical parts. I’m sorry but we cannot switch it to XvoSticks shortly.
    There are no much news: we are still waiting for the CNC machine. The Covid impacted the factory badly and now we also have the second wave which can make the situation only more complicated.
    Currently the CNC machine is fully occupied till the middle of December. If there will be any possibility of switching it to XvoSticks we will do it immediately. If there will be any news, we will post them.
    Thanks for all support words which we received in private messages; thanks for the long waiting.

Take care and stay healthy,
    MiniEcig team

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Yes, checked but not yet shipped.
    Here is a quote from their FB page:
    Hi all! The production takes way much longer than any of us could expect. We would like to apologize for this. These are the tough times and we will remember 2020 as a Covid year. For some types of businesses it’s easier: switch to remote work and that’s all. For the factory, it’s impossible. Plus regulators put restrictions on the number of workers which can be present at the factory at once. For a couple of months the factory was totally closed because of the regulations. Then Israel regulators allowed only 1/3rd of workers to be present at the factory for the whole summer. This also means that the CNC machines can be utilized also only for 1/3rd.
    This situation allows to postpone the execution of contracts but does not cancel them, so the factory is busy trying to catch up on the delayed contracts. And again it’s much harder in comparison, for example, with IT companies. The restrictions are lighter but still remain. It’s impossible to work just harder or faster. If a CNC machine needs 10 minutes for an operation, there is no way to speed it up. With or without restrictions, this will be still 10 minutes.
    One of the CNC machines is busier than others, because it can do more complicated operations. And we are totally stuck waiting for it.
    Before the CNC machine can start working on a new part, it requires adjustments and checks. So changing the program is not a simple and short operation. If anything goes wrong, then the metal part will be simply damaged while it already passed several operations. So to make the part we need, the CNC machine should be allocated for several days (and then couple of days to switch it to the original or another part it was doing).
    The factory is making the XvoSticks in background. The main part of its orders are very large, tens of thousands of identical pieces. In other words, switching to an XvoStick’s part and back will take at least one week while the CNC machine is fully allocated for the large order with identical parts. I’m sorry but we cannot switch it to XvoSticks shortly.
    There are no much news: we are still waiting for the CNC machine. The Covid impacted the factory badly and now we also have the second wave which can make the situation only more complicated.
    Currently the CNC machine is fully occupied till the middle of December. If there will be any possibility of switching it to XvoSticks we will do it immediately. If there will be any news, we will post them.
    Thanks for all support words which we received in private messages; thanks for the long waiting.

Take care and stay healthy,
    MiniEcig team

Copy that. They haven't lost a step in the Excuses department, I see. Sorry to see you (or anyone) going through it. :(

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    "The production takes way much longer than any of us could expect"

I actually, real life, laughed out loud at this sentence. I don't know if it's more ironic or more sad. That has been the mantra of everybody I know who tried to buy a mod from Mini, and now it's coming from the other side.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    "The production takes way much longer than any of us could expect"

I actually, real life, laughed out loud at this sentence. I don't know if it's more ironic or more sad. That has been the mantra of everybody I know who tried to buy a mod from Mini, and now it's coming from the other side.

It's difficult not to think of them along the same terms as >

Ticket.gif

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Emoji turmoil for your post. It's funny. It's a winner. I agree. It's useful. I liked it. I chumped out and just went with funny.

In the very unlikely event that I were ever to have an emoji-related goal, "Funny" would definitely be it.

Therefore, my good friend & Geek (unparalleled), I thank you, kindly. :D

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Users who are viewing this thread