listing side by side mods

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Got a second bootleg Balance. This one is actually a tad bit better quality wise. Build seems nicer and they actually put an o-ring around the 510 pin

oovgVVE.jpg

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Never had a DOVPO anything, but that's about to change.
My Dovpo College arrived a couple of days ago ($90, Element V), I'm liking it every bit as much as my Xvostick.
I sure wish now that I hadn't ordered that 2nd Xvostick (only because of Covid production problems).
View attachment 924747

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Got a second bootleg Balance. This one is actually a tad bit better quality wise. Build seems nicer and they actually put an o-ring around the 510 pin/QUOTE]

Maybe not as artful and architectural as some but still quite sophisticated looking. Who's selling them and how much are they?

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010

I bought mine from 3avape, but it looks like it's not even listed on their site anymore. If you use your favorite search engine and look for "Stratum Balance Style", you can find it listed on other sites like 3fvape and fasttech and Everzon. The one I have was made by 5AVape, or at least that's what pops up on the screen when you first turn it on.
I paid roughly 60 usd on 3avape and had it in two weeks. Obviously, if you can afford the real deal, I encourage you to buy that. I'm just a working class schlub, and the real Stratum Balance is way out of my league.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
.... Obviously, if you can afford the real deal, I encourage you to buy that. I'm just a working class schlub, and the real Stratum Balance is way out of my league.

Thanks so much for the pointers.

As well as looking up the clone I looked up the original. Was floored by the price. No matter how wealthy someone is, who could justify $550 for the original?

I spent much of my career designing the aesthetics and ergonomics of luxury electronics. As such, I value quality design more than most people do. Still, I can't even understand that pricing for what the customer gets. It's not original art.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Thanks so much for the pointers.

As well as looking up the clone I looked up the original. Was floored by the price. No matter how wealthy someone is, who could justify $550 for the original?

I spent much of my career designing the aesthetics and ergonomics of luxury electronics. As such, I value quality design more than most people do. Still, I can't even understand that pricing for what the customer gets. It's not original art.

:thumbs: +1 to THAT!

Looked it up myself this morning on Enushi and was, well same as you;

Dr Phil.gif

Awww HAIL NAW! :sneaky:

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
I just received my Kizoku Techmod today.
It's a beauty, very well finished and incredibely tiny.
BUT ! Warning !
Two firmware versions exists.
I have on mine the 1.3.5 2020-08,
I cannot lock coil nor set watts in TC.
A 1.4 firmware exists and allows these two actions with fire/+ and fire/- in TC mode and it changes everything as TC mode is quite bad (erractic, looses coil value) with 1.3.5 firmware.
I contacted Kizoku and they answered me that firmware is not upgradeable.
So be careful if you are looking for good or at least average TC mode, verify you will get the last firmware.
Quite disappointed with this, firmware HAS to be upgradeable on every mod in 2020.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Until reading this I thought much more highly of the company.

Even if they say it's not upgradable, unless they weld the damn thing together, If you buy a second unit with 1.4 and know somebody with a chip burner they may be able to copy the info from the 1.4 over to your obsolete chip. In fact you might just ask kazuko if they'd send you the newer chip for local installation. What they probably don't want to do is take yours back and modify it as the bench time to do so would be expensive for them.

I too have had my eye on this mod for some time. Do you know if it has a burst mode?

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I just received my Kizoku Techmod today.
    It's a beauty, very well finished and incredibely tiny.
    BUT ! Warning !
    Two firmware versions exists.
    I have on mine the 1.3.5 2020-08,
    I cannot lock coil nor set watts in TC.
    A 1.4 firmware exists and allows these two actions with fire/+ and fire/- in TC mode and it changes everything as TC mode is quite bad (erractic, looses coil value) with 1.3.5 firmware.
    So be careful if you are looking for good or at least average TC mode, verify you will get the last firmware.
    Quite disappointed with this, firmware HAS to be upgradeable on every mod in 2020.
    As long as they are available with watt adjustment in TC mode I would not have anything else.
    It is probably the fewest stores that know which version they sell. Is Firmware 1.3.5 printed anyplaces on the box?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Unfortunately no.
    You have to long press +/- mod off to see the firmware version.
    Thank you for the information. I was not aware of the firmware versions from before you said that, invaluable information you provided.
    Now that I know about them I would like 1.4.0 if I were to buy a Techmod. It was version 1.3.5 that made me never buy a Techmod before. Hopefully Kizoku should mark the boxes in a few months or so.

Reactions: Lanciab

Users who are viewing this thread