Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Last edited:

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
If direct lung hits are your cup of tea, the Odin will probably be a good choice.
The Odin has quite a few friends around here, and some people seem to use Odins on all of their Reos.
I use mine as a direct-lung-hit supplement to my usual mouth-2-lung RM2/Cyclone atties.
The price/performance ratio seems still ok to me, compared to the prices for most other good atties.

Would I buy another Odin ?
No at the moment, I want to try RM3 / RM6 first.

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
I feel there are two classes of RBAs really and it's hard to compare across them. Small chamber RBAs like RM2, RM3, Cyclone. Then large chamber RBAs like Odin, RM5, RM6, Apollo. The RM4 is kind of in the middle and the Nuppin can hold it's own in both worlds.

This RM4 baby fits on standard Reo Grand or Low Profile (LP) typ of Reo? Sorry about simple question, but I´am BF-Newbie ;-)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I feel there are two classes of RBAs really and it's hard to compare across them. Small chamber RBAs like RM2, RM3, Cyclone. Then large chamber RBAs like Odin, RM5, RM6, Apollo. The RM4 is kind of in the middle and the Nuppin can hold it's own in both worlds.

DITTO^^^^^^^^ Odin is a well built atty, easy to build on and I feel perfect for lung hitters that like airy, cooler draws.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
I've been wanting to try the Odin as well, I'd like to see how it compares to the RM5 and RM6. I have both RM5/6, the 5 is my work horse and my wife uses the 6 on hers. My wife loves the 6 because of the AFC options/flavor and I love the 5 because of the flavor and vapor production @ wide open on the ring.

My buddy at work received his LP grand and rm4 and I tried the rm4 for the first time and it's got a tighter draw than my 5 and 6. I like the look of the 4 but that's about it. IMO the 4 doesn't perform as well as my 5 or 6 for direct lung hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
direct lung hits.

That, right there. That would be the reason to get the Odin. Powerhouse of a beast in that regard. Sure, you can dial it down to a passable MTL vape, but this thing is awesome wide open.

If you want something that has broad range (MTL to DL, flavour chasing to clouds), the RM4 is quite versatile while the Nuppin' is stellar.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
If you want something that has broad range (MTL to DL, flavour chasing to clouds), the RM4 is quite versatile while the Nuppin' is stellar.

For that reason alone, I purchased a cyclone along with the AFC cap. Ditched the stock cap the second day and have been using it with AFC since. I get plenty of flavor and the airiness I desire plus save on juice with the tiny well and better battery life with the simple single .9 - ~1.2 ohm micro coil build.

Some times it's nice to just change it all up, just wish I had the deep pockets for more Reos of the wood and metal types. They don't pay us military people enough for the jobs we do, but I'm not in this for the money so I make it work. One grand for me, one for the wife, and six atties to share and choose from on any given day.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I love the Odin. I have 3 on my LP Grands. I have one grand left that I haven't low profiled yet, so it is still sporting an RM2. I will likely get around to putting an Odin on it as well. I don't see any reason to try anything else at the moment.

Its super easy to build on and matches my vaping style perfectly.

Regarding the price, I am plenty satisfied to pay $70 for an authentic all stainless arty that is made in the USA

Thanks,
Geo

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Regarding the price, I am plenty satisfied to pay $70 for an authentic all stainless arty that is made in the USA

That is another thing I'd like to touch on. The build quality is solid. Looking at the thickness of the negative "post" walls, the depth of the juice well, and the two piece AFC, this thing was well thought out and manufactured. If there is one thing I despise on rdas, it's AFC rings.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
That is another thing I'd like to touch on. The build quality is solid. Looking at the thickness of the negative "post" walls, the depth of the juice well, and the two piece AFC, this thing was well thought out and manufactured. If there is one thing I despise on rdas, it's AFC rings.

I'll agree, the ring is completely useless for the most part. Some times I'll run the ring all the way closed if the mod is tilted sitting in my cup holder or in a lose pocket to avoid leaking. That's all it gets used for, and that's rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread