The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LokiLab Odin?

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Cptfunpants, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    What do you guys think of the Odin? I'm currently using an RM3. I would like to have a larger base to build off of. How does the Odin compare performance wise compared to the RM2-6? Pros/cons? An obvious con is the price, but other than that?

Thanks

2. tobarger

tobarger Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    NorthCoastOhio
  3. caup

caup Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2014
    Cologne, GER
    If direct lung hits are your cup of tea, the Odin will probably be a good choice.
    The Odin has quite a few friends around here, and some people seem to use Odins on all of their Reos.
    I use mine as a direct-lung-hit supplement to my usual mouth-2-lung RM2/Cyclone atties.
    The price/performance ratio seems still ok to me, compared to the prices for most other good atties.

Would I buy another Odin ?
    No at the moment, I want to try RM3 / RM6 first.

4. RattlerX

RattlerX Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    West Texas
  5. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    I feel there are two classes of RBAs really and it's hard to compare across them. Small chamber RBAs like RM2, RM3, Cyclone. Then large chamber RBAs like Odin, RM5, RM6, Apollo. The RM4 is kind of in the middle and the Nuppin can hold it's own in both worlds.

6. buergermeester

buergermeester Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Germany
    This RM4 baby fits on standard Reo Grand or Low Profile (LP) typ of Reo? Sorry about simple question, but I´am BF-Newbie ;-)

7. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I just ordered one. I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives. Hopefully it will be here for the weekend.

8. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    I dunno the answer to this but if someone doesn't answer before mine arrives I'll let you know.

9. caup

caup Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2014
    Cologne, GER
    The RM4 has a diameter of 18cm and definitely needs the LP version.

10. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Personally, the Odin is the only dripper which graces my 2 REOs, at this time. As I purchase additional REOs, I have a suspicion that the Odin will continue to be my "go to" RDA. YMMV

11. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    DITTO^^^^^^^^ Odin is a well built atty, easy to build on and I feel perfect for lung hitters that like airy, cooler draws.

12. SoftSell

SoftSell Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Saskatoon, SK
    +1 for the Odin. It's excellent and can adapt for various build styles. One con it has is the negative posts, I prefer a "slotted" style of post, easier to build imo. I've been using the Odin mainly, and occasionally the Cyclone AFC on my other Reo, which is pretty fantastic as well.

13. JetMac

JetMac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    I've been wanting to try the Odin as well, I'd like to see how it compares to the RM5 and RM6. I have both RM5/6, the 5 is my work horse and my wife uses the 6 on hers. My wife loves the 6 because of the AFC options/flavor and I love the 5 because of the flavor and vapor production @ wide open on the ring.

My buddy at work received his LP grand and rm4 and I tried the rm4 for the first time and it's got a tighter draw than my 5 and 6. I like the look of the 4 but that's about it. IMO the 4 doesn't perform as well as my 5 or 6 for direct lung hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That, right there. That would be the reason to get the Odin. Powerhouse of a beast in that regard. Sure, you can dial it down to a passable MTL vape, but this thing is awesome wide open.

If you want something that has broad range (MTL to DL, flavour chasing to clouds), the RM4 is quite versatile while the Nuppin' is stellar.

15. JetMac

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    For that reason alone, I purchased a cyclone along with the AFC cap. Ditched the stock cap the second day and have been using it with AFC since. I get plenty of flavor and the airiness I desire plus save on juice with the tiny well and better battery life with the simple single .9 - ~1.2 ohm micro coil build.

Some times it's nice to just change it all up, just wish I had the deep pockets for more Reos of the wood and metal types. They don't pay us military people enough for the jobs we do, but I'm not in this for the money so I make it work. One grand for me, one for the wife, and six atties to share and choose from on any given day.

16. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

jetMac, I still think you'd really dig an Odin. I saw your stove coil build and I know you like the DL draws.

The.Odin.Is.A.Beast.

17. EagleTa2

EagleTa2 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I love the Odin. I have 3 on my LP Grands. I have one grand left that I haven't low profiled yet, so it is still sporting an RM2. I will likely get around to putting an Odin on it as well. I don't see any reason to try anything else at the moment.

Its super easy to build on and matches my vaping style perfectly.

Regarding the price, I am plenty satisfied to pay $70 for an authentic all stainless arty that is made in the USA

Thanks,
    Geo

18. SoftSell

SoftSell Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Saskatoon, SK
    That is another thing I'd like to touch on. The build quality is solid. Looking at the thickness of the negative "post" walls, the depth of the juice well, and the two piece AFC, this thing was well thought out and manufactured. If there is one thing I despise on rdas, it's AFC rings.

19. JetMac

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    I'll agree, the ring is completely useless for the most part. Some times I'll run the ring all the way closed if the mod is tilted sitting in my cup holder or in a lose pocket to avoid leaking. That's all it gets used for, and that's rare.

20. JetMac

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    I'll probably wait until right around the time Robs new mods hit the market and ill pick up an Odin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.