LokiLab Odin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Hey Cpt..., how are the 510 threads on yours? Mine are absolute garbage. Very rough... I actually have a 7mm x .5 rethreading die on the way from amazon to chase the threads with.

I was looking forward to buying a couple of router bits from Craig, but I'm starting to wonder if he's ever actually gonna have any more for sale. I know he's been having a hard time lately, but sheesh....

Anyway, glad you finally got your odin.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Hey Cpt..., how are the 510 threads on yours? Mine are absolute garbage. Very rough... I actually have a 7mm x .5 rethreading die on the way from amazon to chase the threads with.

I was looking forward to buying a couple of router bits from Craig, but I'm starting to wonder if he's ever actually gonna have any more for sale. I know he's been having a hard time lately, but sheesh....

Anyway, glad you finally got your odin.

I'm seriously considering making my own Router DT's on the lathe. I'll give it another 10 days for the holidays and if they're still not in stock I got some 316 SS bar stock with Router DT written all over it :laugh:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I know that Craig had his share of bad luck recently with his Mom being sick and a coworker having an accident so let's just give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He makes some good products and I hope the customer service issues were just a temporary side effect of the problems he was having.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have no complaints with Loki or Craig. Odin #4 has been ordered and was reportedly shipped on the 24th. Yesterday my wife called and left a message at Loki to see what the status of the order is. Craig both emailed her back and returned the call... It appears the issue is definitely with the local USPS office.

As far as my order still not arriving... I attribute that to this little holiday that just rolled around. Everyone deserves some time off.

I feel for you guys that are perceiving poor customer service from Loki. All I can say is that I have received excellent customer service from them...

Thanks
Geo

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I'm a bit late to the party but I was pretty bored with reos and had all but written them off until someone hooked me up with an odin.
I love the odin in top and bottom feed configurations.
Deadly sin in my beaten up REO single coiled in my odin is one of two daily drivers for me.

GO PACK GO!

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I'm a bit late to the party but I was pretty bored with reos and had all but written them off until someone hooked me up with an odin.
I love the odin in top and bottom feed configurations.
Deadly sin in my beaten up REO single coiled in my odin is one of two daily drivers for me.

GO PACK GO!

Welcome back Cob and glad you found a set-up that works for you. I run two Odins, both with dual .9ohm coils and like them .47ohm net. Right now I am vaping a Copper Vein/Odin with a local B&M juice called Kings Table.

gGlLSAx.jpg

enjoy your vape...

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
In the nearly 2 years that I have dealt with Craig, he has ALWAYS been on top of things.

Stuff happens and we do the best we can. Family matters, day time job, and Loki Labs makes for a tough schedule. I'm just pleased that Craig is around to share his Vaping hobby/interest with the rest of the Vaping community.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Welcome back Cob and glad you found a set-up that works for you. I run two Odins, both with dual .9ohm coils and like them .47ohm net. Right now I am vaping a Copper Vein/Odin with a local B&M juice called Kings Table.

gGlLSAx.jpg

enjoy your vape...

What gauge Wire is that? I tried a dual 28 on my odin at .8 and the heat up time was terrible.
I switched to a single coil twisted 30 on it and it's blissful. I'm trying to keep my reo build above .7 but haven't found a higher ohm setup that I like in duals. Recommendations?

GO PACK GO!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
A .8 dual with 28 gauge is getting to be a lot of material to heat up - not surprised at the lag. Couple of thoughts...

If you like the single twisted 30, maybe try dual 30's.

You might find you like a dual 28 in the .5-.6 range. I find they're not hot, heat quickly, and don't stress the reo's contacts, if those are concerns.

Rattler can confirm but I believe he like to run 28 gauge as 1/16" ID for the 2ml RxW.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
What gauge Wire is that? I tried a dual 28 on my odin at .8 and the heat up time was terrible.
I switched to a single coil twisted 30 on it and it's blissful. I'm trying to keep my reo build above .7 but haven't found a higher ohm setup that I like in duals. Recommendations?

GO PACK GO!

It is 28ga but each coil is a .9ohm so net if half that. Heat up time is fine for me since I close the air holes off for more flavor but it may not be sufficient for lung hitters.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
A .8 dual with 28 gauge is getting to be a lot of material to heat up - not surprised at the lag. Couple of thoughts...

If you like the single twisted 30, maybe try dual 30's.

You might find you like a dual 28 in the .5-.6 range. I find they're not hot, heat quickly, and don't stress the reo's contacts, if those are concerns.

Rattler can confirm but I believe he like to run 28 gauge as 1/16" ID for the 2ml RxW.

Papa you are spot on. I like 1/16 with 2ml RxW 99% to the time.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
It is 28ga but each coil is a .9ohm so net if half that. Heat up time is fine for me since I close the air holes off for more flavor but it may not be sufficient for lung hitters.

I've run the identical build in a Odin with air wide open. No problem DL'ing. I squonk more often, but she keeps up just fine.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
I've had piles of issues with my Odin leaking with traditional double coil builds, coming out the air holes. My solution is super nano coils. I've been doing dual 24ga kanthal, 10 wraps, around an 18ga blunt syringe needle coming in around .3ohms, Japanese cotton under the coils. Leaks gone, and even the "dry hits" are extremely mild, very easy to know when to squonk and easy to blind squonk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread