LokiLab Odin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I had placed my order on 12/16/14....my atty is still in California. I am thoroughly upset.

Had the same thing happen to me, order was placed on the 12th and it stayed there for quite awhile. Emails went unanswered as well as phone calls finally after I opened a PayPal dispute then the communication was quickly reciprocated. It finally looks like they are out for delivery today. I feel bad he is having personal issues but as a third generation family business member work must continue even if you are suffering personal hardships if you want to keep a good reputation.

When my Dad's mother (my Grandmother) was in the hospital after having a stroke we visited her as much as possible but then put in extra hours, after hours to stay current with our welding orders.

ETA: They finally showed up (2) and....no drip tips. Not a huge deal since I have plenty of them lying around but the last Odin I got had a DT with their logo on it. Not leaving a very good impression even though I do like the atty's.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I for one feel ya Muzic. I've watched the Odin thread for a long time with little or mostly no movement. His empty promises fall on deaf ears in my house. I was expecting to have a black Odin by now with Router DT as well. I do have them clones a black Odin with a Router DT. If you wait on socalcraig you'll be waiting forever. I'm just sayin'. Get a clone it's cheaper and they have router Drip Tips. Just my $37 and change.

I had 3 of the clones from Tom and sold them shortly after selling the 2 authentics I had. I have moved on to bigger and better atty's now. Just wasn't impressed overall with build quality and they all just had a tendency to leak in some way, shape, or form. My feeling was they were hyped to something they weren't... I am seeing a lot of disgruntled people lately and that certainly can't be good for his business, cause when people stop talking it up, it don't look good for that vendor. Seen a lot come and go in the last 4yrs...

Dima1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Philadelphia, pa
All i wanted to buy is odin and router tip together, money was never an issue. Never found them both in stock, so i bought them from chouder. I paid for two sets less than i would pay for a single odin without router tip. They work perfect and i don't care if they are made in china.
I run a business myself i would never put a prototype ahead of my best selling product. He has a great product, but needs to take some business classes to learn that business needs satisfied customers and also it needs to earn money.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
I had 3 of the clones from Tom and sold them shortly after selling the 2 authentics I had. I have moved on to bigger and better atty's now....

You seem to have great taste, can I ask you which attys? I do enjoy my Odin, and my Cyclone, but I'd like to throw a 3rd into the mix, hopefully a 22mm

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
The last 3 Odins I placed orders for going back to November, I initially get an email from lokilab saying give them 2 to 3 days to ship. After a couple of days passes I would get another email from lokilab stating my order has shipped, when I check the tracking number provided usps says a address label has been created.........and it stays that way until a week later, and then I have had to email loki and ask if product has shipped, sometimes having to email several times, and then magically a day later my product has been accepted in Anaheim California. Maybe Anaheim has the worst USPS system in the world, or ...........well I'm not saying.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
One of the reasons I like this sub-forum is because of the friendliness and the good people here who are always willing to help. Do we even know or understand the circumstances? Do we really need to keep kicking someone who may be having real life problems? I wish my only issue was the ability to get an Odin or a Router drip tip.

Tis the season to give and forgive.

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
I hear you Rattler, but when a product has been bought and paid for and all you see when you check your tracking number for over a week is that an address label has been printed and email is either not answered or told in return email that product has been shipped and must be a problem on USPS end, yet the only activity on the tracking number is address label has been created for almost two weeks it gets aggravating, especially when it has happened on three separate orders out of a total of only 4 orders, if I didn't like this atty so much, I would have never ordered the 4th.

ETA: And in all 3 cases, I waited for over a week before sending an email, and everytime after my email, the next day it is mysteriously accepted at the Anaheim USPS.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You seem to have great taste, can I ask you which attys? I do enjoy my Odin, and my Cyclone, but I'd like to throw a 3rd into the mix, hopefully a 22mm

I have a Nuppin', 2 Mephisto's, and a Rogue. All BF atty's. The Nuppin' is the top of the class, but if you want a 22mm atty that will rock circles around the Odin, that would be the Mephisto. Simple to setup, flavor is as good as any <15mm atty, and thick dense clouds...

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
One of the reasons I like this sub-forum is because of the friendliness and the good people here who are always willing to help. Do we even know or understand the circumstances? Do we really need to keep kicking someone who may be having real life problems? I wish my only issue was the ability to get an Odin or a Router drip tip.

I get where you're coming from Rattler but after a lifetime of seeing the sacrifices my Grandfather, Dad, and myself has made to keep our business running smoothly it gives me a slightly different perspective. I am totally sympathetic to his everyday problems but just because he is having them doesn't give him free reign to ignore his customers. Something that we would never do no matter what was going on just like I stated in my post above.

And I did give, my money that I earned sometimes working till 1 or 2 am or later while missing my family making sure our jobs went out on time regardless of what was going on in my personal life. All of that was to keep our customers happy so that would keep doing business with us. And if we couldn't do it ourselves we made sure we had enough staff on hand to get those jobs out in our stead. But if being a good customer is giving my money that I worked hard for to someone that will get their product to me when life allows them to I have the choice not to do so. Not to mention when I do get said items they are not even complete i.e. missing parts.

Granted when I talk about our business I am talking about jobs for chemical companies that are much more expensive than some atty's or drip tips, but if you are going to go into business for yourself these are the sacrifices you have to make to flourish. It seems really harsh but with all I have going on in my personal life the last thing I need to be doing is arguing with USPS, PayPal and a vendor who won't contact me after I have reached out to them numerous times after I purchased a product.

And this has nothing to do with the routers at all I could care less about DT's, this is solely about purchasing an in stock item and being ignored after it taking nearly 14 days to get to me even after the 2-3 day shipping notification.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

I understand where you are coming from X, and even mentioned in my post earlier that I know life can get in our way sometimes. Never meant or thought for this to go all blown up on shoddy CS or anything. Was merely giving my point of view on the topic of the router tips. I waited for a while, (like most), and finally just gave up and moved into a different direction. That direction led me to what I am vaping today and imo, a far better vape all together. So I guess in a sense I owe something to Craig for helping me find better vape gear... Maybe I should go over to his vendor thread and thank him!!!

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I ordered two stubby DT's from Loki on the 20th and got them today. I've never had any trouble getting my stuff from Loki, four orders total now I think. Why would one customer get great shipping service but not another? It seems to me the postal hub in that part of Cali is where the problem lies. Also, I've been under the impression that the Loki Lab products are a side business that's run out of a shop that houses their actual business that pays their bills and allows them to support their families. Perhaps we have to wait for our Routers to get made specifically because they have a business to run and they are busy taking care of those customers. I highly doubt they would make enough from Loki products sales to support however many families are involved if they did focus solely on Loki products.

gertbfrobe

Mar 24, 2014
DENVER
Ordered my first Odin from LokiLabs on the 20th and received it today!
Had to convert my grand to an LP before I could begin the first build, but it didn't take too long.

Did a few builds before settling on 6 wraps of 28ga at 2mm. I believe it came in at .50-.53 on the meter.
Hopefully my wide tip from vape royalty comes soon, wish I could have dropped some extra $ on a drip tip from Loki.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Ordered my first Odin from LokiLabs on the 20th and received it today!
Had to convert my grand to an LP before I could begin the first build, but it didn't take too long.

Did a few builds before settling on 6 wraps of 28ga at 2mm. I believe it came in at .50-.53 on the meter.
Hopefully my wide tip from vape royalty comes soon, wish I could have dropped some extra $ on a drip tip from Loki.

Looks exactly like my standard build; except that I use 27g, which gets the resistance a bit lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I've been kind of ho-hum about the Odin, never could get what I thought was good flavor out of it. I couldn't get used to the wide open draw or to lung hits, and it always seemed too hot for my taste, so I set it aside for a while. I finally went to a single coil and it was OK. After reading this thread, I got it back out and fiddled for a while, finally settled on a dual 28 gauge build at about .6 ohms or so. Instead of my usual liquid, I tried some unflavored, mostly VG juice in it.

I have to say, I've kind of changed my mind about this thing. I've never been a cloud chaser, but I can fog the room up with it and I kind of like the unflavored.

gertbfrobe

Mar 24, 2014
DENVER
I've been kind of ho-hum about the Odin, never could get what I thought was good flavor out of it. I couldn't get used to the wide open draw or to lung hits, and it always seemed too hot for my taste, so I set it aside for a while. I finally went to a single coil and it was OK. After reading this thread, I got it back out and fiddled for a while, finally settled on a dual 28 gauge build at about .6 ohms or so. Instead of my usual liquid, I tried some unflavored, mostly VG juice in it.

I have to say, I've kind of changed my mind about this thing. I've never been a cloud chaser, but I can fog the room up with it and I kind of like the unflavored.

A few of my first builds didn't have the coils close enough to the air holes so heat was an issue. With the coils positioned properly and the air holes open just enough the vapor is cool and the pull is perfect.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
There's no doubt about it - the Odin is a workhorse. One of my ADV's sees me through the meat of my work day and the Odin delivers the full intensity vape that I need when I'm at full throttle. It's not my wake-up vape, it's not my cool down vape, and it's not my reflective moments vape, but when you need a steam engine, you'd be hard pressed to find a better choice.

BENTHOS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
REOville
There's no doubt about it - the Odin is a workhorse. One of my ADV's sees me through the meat of my work day and the Odin delivers the full intensity vape that I need when I'm at full throttle. It's not my wake-up vape, it's not my cool down vape, and it's not my reflective moments vape, but when you need a steam engine, you'd be hard pressed to find a better choice.

I feel pretty much the same, for my work day vape I always grab the Odin, but when I need a steam engine I use a Dark Horse.;)

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
So my Odin finally arrived, after two weeks. I am very displeased with the customer service at LokiLabs, they would not return my attempts to contact them.

The Odin itself is a solid atty. I have a dual coil build with 6 wraps of 26 ga clocking in around .44ohms. It's a great vape, solid flavor considering I have been having the airflow opened all of the way. The atty is good, I would NOT recommend this to a friend however due to the customer service of the company, unless that friend knew not to expect the product for 2 weeks (possibly more, who knows!). I do not like to bash a company, especially one that makes a solid product like this but after NUMEROUS attempts to contact them and having no replies I will not be doing business with them in the future. This may seem harsh but when you make a great product do not let the experience get ruined by not responding to a simple email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread