Long time user finally concerned about side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Alot of this hits home. I think i am going to first start with a more simple setup and then experiement with flavorings and juices. I sold most of my old gear though.

Sounds like a Good Plan.

Are there any attractive/grown up looking tube mods out there these days? Something i coukd sit a MTL tank on flush?

If you find a Compact one that does VW, Let me Know.

Because by the time you get an Atomizer on most VW Tube mods, they look like sometime you would Steer a 737-400 around with on the tarmac.

LOL

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@latexyankee, first go see your healthcare professional to discuss things.

Yes, with commercial liquids you are unsure as to what they actually contain. And folks can be sensitive to various components of them.

TC mode may well be worth looking into, as hot gasses and human tissues don't work well together. So it could be worth a try.

And may I ask if you use RTA's or RDA's?

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive only been vaping 2yrs. I started out mtl and then about 10months ago changed to DL. About 4weeks ago I returned to mtl after increasing discomfort in the trachea. A harsh feeling with some small degree of pain but only enough to class it as discomfort. No problems breathing but an occasional dry cough.
After a week of returning to mtl the slight pain subsided and so did the cough.
I use only VG and DW. While I was DL I was using 2 to 3mg nic and have worked my way up to 6mg since returning to mtl. I do think that the 3mg DL provides a better nic hit than 6mg mtl so next batch will be 7 or 8mg.
DL I was using 3.5ml to 4ml each day and currently with mtl am using 2.6ish ml each day.
Im active and walk/run every day. I did find that during and after the walk/run the feeling in the trachea was gone and everything felt normal. Then after having my afternoon vape and through the evening the feeling would return until the next days round of walking and running.
I would prefer to DL, its quicker and more satiating for longer. I have kept a Serpent Elevate topped up with 3mg and on a mod for those times when I just want a quick hit and get on with doing stuff.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
DL causes me to wheeze and produce phlegm (just like when i smoked). MTL causes me no problems. So i don't DL.
I've always maintained that the dosage makes the poison. A vaper inhaling 20-30ml of e-liquid a day is always going to be straining their body more than a 5ml a day vaper. Your lungs have to process the inhaled contaminants. I also believe that DL vapers inhale more deeply into the lungs.
It's so obvious i'm embarrased to write it.
Good luck OP however this turns out.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Epro 101 tube isn't terrible. It's not great and nothing like a provari but it should fit your needs. I have one but I don't use it.

Dicodes makes some lovely tubes but they are pricey and if you aren't sure you will still vape... IDK doesn't seem like the most sensible purchase to me.

FWIW I have been sick from work and vaping more. I'm coughing a bit more and I do think I had a cold but I do think it's probably healthier for me to vape less, and use snus most of the day. My lungs get some rest time.. So....

Good luck and I know I am a SNUS pusher, but my God you could not have told me that I could go 12 hours without vaping or smoking once without it. The hand to mouth can be a pain occasionally but mostly I'm working, so....

It really is the best for harm reduction and the minor alkaloids do a ton for me. I actually do use a piece of snus periodically during the day when I need them. It is harm reduction at it's finest. Even if you only used it part of the time, it could give your lungs (and your wife's lungs) some time to just chill.

Anna

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
My story sounds nearly exact to the OP. Smoked for nearly 25 years. Found vaping 10 years ago and have been happy as a clam. Back in June I started experiencing the same symptoms. Cough, wheezing, shortness of breath and done mild pain. I finally went to the doc and had a breathing test done and I'm told I've got mild to moderate COPD.

Nobody loves vaping more than me. And I'm not saying vaping contributed to this. Quite the opposite. I'd likely be dead if it weren't for vaping. But I'll also say when I would vape over the past few months, my lungs felt worse.

I gave up vaping 3 weeks ago today. Been chewing nic gum and my lungs definitely feel much better. I'm also on a couple different inhalers do those are contributing to feeling better also.

Just go get checked out by a doctor...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
@latexyankee, first go see your healthcare professional to discuss things.

Yes, with commercial liquids you are unsure as to what they actually contain. And folks can be sensitive to various components of them.

TC mode may well be worth looking into, as hot gasses and human tissues don't work well together. So it could be worth a try.

And may I ask if you use RTA's or RDA's?

I've used everything under the sun in the last 10 years, currently using all squonk devices and mostly profile mesh rda's. I think I'm going to go back to a hybrid MTL/restricted DL setup. For single battery mods though I love tubes, still have my 5 yr old hexohm which will work but looks funny with tanks on it.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ive only been vaping 2yrs. I started out mtl and then about 10months ago changed to DL. About 4weeks ago I returned to mtl after increasing discomfort in the trachea. A harsh feeling with some small degree of pain but only enough to class it as discomfort. No problems breathing but an occasional dry cough.
After a week of returning to mtl the slight pain subsided and so did the cough.
I use only VG and DW. While I was DL I was using 2 to 3mg nic and have worked my way up to 6mg since returning to mtl. I do think that the 3mg DL provides a better nic hit than 6mg mtl so next batch will be 7 or 8mg.
DL I was using 3.5ml to 4ml each day and currently with mtl am using 2.6ish ml each day.
Im active and walk/run every day. I did find that during and after the walk/run the feeling in the trachea was gone and everything felt normal. Then after having my afternoon vape and through the evening the feeling would return until the next days round of walking and running.
I would prefer to DL, its quicker and more satiating for longer. I have kept a Serpent Elevate topped up with 3mg and on a mod for those times when I just want a quick hit and get on with doing stuff.

Yep. If I exercise its gone but it returns later that evening. My symptoms seem similar to your but maybe a little more severe, I have been vaping alot longer. I wonder what this whole DL craze will bring to people after prolonged use. Only time will tell but I feel its not doing me any good. Problem is it was difficult for me to go back to MTL after felling the "rush" of lung hits. I ended up right back here.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
DL causes me to wheeze and produce phlegm (just like when i smoked). MTL causes me no problems. So i don't DL.
I've always maintained that the dosage makes the poison. A vaper inhaling 20-30ml of e-liquid a day is always going to be straining their body more than a 5ml a day vaper. Your lungs have to process the inhaled contaminants. I also believe that DL vapers inhale more deeply into the lungs.
It's so obvious i'm embarrased to write it.
Good luck OP however this turns out.

I know I know. Perhaps I'm one the only to admit it? I cant find much info online hence why I created this thread. Im also one of the test subjects now as I'm in the minority sample size due to length of use.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
My story sounds nearly exact to the OP. Smoked for nearly 25 years. Found vaping 10 years ago and have been happy as a clam. Back in June I started experiencing the same symptoms. Cough, wheezing, shortness of breath and done mild pain. I finally went to the doc and had a breathing test done and I'm told I've got mild to moderate COPD.

Nobody loves vaping more than me. And I'm not saying vaping contributed to this. Quite the opposite. I'd likely be dead if it weren't for vaping. But I'll also say when I would vape over the past few months, my lungs felt worse.

I gave up vaping 3 weeks ago today. Been chewing nic gum and my lungs definitely feel much better. I'm also on a couple different inhalers do those are contributing to feeling better also.

Just go get checked out by a doctor...

Can I ask what was your vaping style? Delivery system of choice? Strength of juice?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, just do what you need to do to feel better.

Honestly, if you trained yourself to DL, you can train yourself back.

I still think it would be wise to go on the vape elimination diet and DIY ESPECIALLY if you want to keep vaping. Maybe it's flavors, maybe it's you WHO KNOWS.

But, the lamenting.... No one is in your shoes, no one is feeling your symptoms. I think the idea of no flavor MTL vaping is probably good for you. That would treat the hand to mouth AND the nic issue. But, I am getting the sense that is not what you WANT.

With the right flavorings for all you know (or none) DL would be a breeze.

But, unless you proceed in an investigatory fashion I very much doubt you will have the chance to do so, if you are in the US, and if you are like, wanting to vape other than menthol or tobacco.

Single flavor mixes to start. Less flavor. Considerably less. And I for SURE hope you do all this with your doc's approval.

Anna

NavyNut

Sep 22, 2013
l'ange-gardien, qc
Myself I can't do DL hits has it irritates my throat so I prefer MTL, still using my kayfun that I bought 3 years ago. I DIY all my juice so I know what I vape and its much cheaper that way. Its pretty simple to DIY there's a site for recipes and you get a whole bunch of them, I go with the best rated and preference to what I wanna vape.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
For me, my "addiction" is as much the hand-to-mouth behavior and the pleasurable sensation of inhaling-exhaling smoke/vapor, as it is the feeding of my nicotine habit.

@Baditude ...If I could have given this statement 10 "Winner" Ratings...I would have...:thumbs:

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Dude, just do what you need to do to feel better.

Honestly, if you trained yourself to DL, you can train yourself back.

I still think it would be wise to go on the vape elimination diet and DIY ESPECIALLY if you want to keep vaping. Maybe it's flavors, maybe it's you WHO KNOWS.

But, the lamenting.... No one is in your shoes, no one is feeling your symptoms. I think the idea of no flavor MTL vaping is probably good for you. That would treat the hand to mouth AND the nic issue. But, I am getting the sense that is not what you WANT.

With the right flavorings for all you know (or none) DL would be a breeze.

But, unless you proceed in an investigatory fashion I very much doubt you will have the chance to do so, if you are in the US, and if you are like, wanting to vape other than menthol or tobacco.

Single flavor mixes to start. Less flavor. Considerably less. And I for SURE hope you do all this with your doc's approval.

Anna

Sorry to ruin your day Anna. You're free to see yourself out.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Can I ask what was your vaping style? Delivery system of choice? Strength of juice?
I was a MTL the entire 10 years of vaping. I Vaped all Kayfun the majority of the time. 1ish ohm at 14ish watts. 12 mg nic for the past 3 years. 18 before I dropped down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread