Long time user finally concerned about side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
So an update for those who may be having some of the same symptoms..

Picked up a berserker at a local B&M, slapped it on the aegis solo and its awesome. Been 24 hours and feel MUCH better. Throat clearer and less agitated. wheezing last night toned down etc..best part is I'm back at 15 watts! Single VTC5D with no worries lol. I remember when 15 watts would've blown your head off!

Ordered a few EHPRO 101, couldn't splurge for the dicodes after all the provaris, and expensive squonks. Going to stick with single battery or internal battery mods, no need for high powered setups. Ordered a hastur, if only I could find some serpent minis and a siren2 now. I lost a BUNCH of attys in our recent move, I mean close to 10 years worth. I was upset for a moment but since I had all my sqounk gear and batteries with me I thought "let it go, you'll never use it again." DAMN. But anyway this will be how I vape for the duration of my vaping experience no matter how long that is.

White topside dual carbon going on the classifieds very soon.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Good for you... back to MTL (I had the impression the Berserker had very restricted airflow or I would have got one) What VG/PG ratio are you using? Cotton or rayon? nic mg? Sorry if too many questions, but I've done lots of research on MTL RTAs. Let me know if you want a very small inexpensive 18650 mod to carry around in pocket (I'm a bargain hunter)

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE

This will be long..

Preface:
First off I've been vaping close to 10 years, before 20 years on cigs, back when a 510 was a battery not just a thread type. Back when we had PCC's and cartos. I've had 810's 510's egos, mechs, provari's, tanks, carts, drippers....Ive been wrapping my coils for close to 8 years. I am just stating this so veterans here can understand I've been around the block.

I also have seen and continue to see many defensive and disgruntled responses to people here that post anything other than vaping is great, long live vape. I expect this thread to be treated kindly and respected as I will will also respect your opinions. I've been here along time, I know who are solid contributors and some who are ..... If you search my post history you will find a thread from 5 years ago where I questioned my new relationship with a woman who wanted to start vaping. She had been nic free for 4 years when we started dating and wanted to take up vaping. I was considering ending our early relationship over it. I know in retrospect that it was the wrong approach but seemingly NOONE could understand my point of view. Well now she hates vaping more than anything in her life, cries sometimes because she "cant" quit, hates her dryer skin, despises the "effort" involved (although minimal). All I was saying is that she would REGRET this decision and I was met with extreme backlash, and I was right. I knew it then, its true now. The one thing she regrets the most in the past 10 years is picking up vaping. This thread is closed but some of it will come into play. Please be respectful in your responses and opinions. As I stated up top, I am asking for advice from long term members.

So to the matter at hand. I have been, for the 2 years coughing, wheezing at night (pretty bad, wife can hear it) and just generally not comfortable in vaping.Throat irritation, shortness of breath etc...I exclusively sqounk moved everything to profile rda's with mesh coil. I changed to DL inhale about 5 years ago from a hybrid MTL and started with tight MTL (we had no choice back in the day). I also experience chest pains from time to time. My nic is 3mg, been stuck there for years ever since I went DL.

The wheezing and daily coughing and congestion are not directly related to the mesh as traditional kanthal, SS, TI, whatever would cause it too. I would think its more related to DL inhale and the influx of vapor. I tried to go back to a hybrid MTL setup but just found it hard to become satisfied. I'm thinking of quitting for good, which I've thought of many times before but failed in my attempts. So I'm looking for opinions or options from experienced members who have maybe been in the same boat? I've also noticed that alot of juices have changed, or its just me? What was once smooth is now irritable unless I turn it down to say 20 watts. I've read a few of my brands changed their recipes, cut costs and I blamed it on that. I'm having trouble finding any juices I truly like anymore and never got into DIY. I always felt I should but I feel I dont have the time or patience required to dial in recipes. I'm pretty busy most days and weekends. So I suppose there are a few options...

1. Quit. Honestly I would love to. Save money, no more remembering to bring gear etc. My wife would love it as she states she cant quit until I do, the temptation is too much for her. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that but I am seriously considering the option.

2. DIY juice? Could this be whats been causing this the last few years? 3mg maybe too strong but then I dont feel satisfied and sometimes dont even with 3mg?

3. Back to MTL 6mg? Not sure if this would make it harder to quit. Less vapor but more concentrate, still think 3mg with DL would be more overall nic consumption.

4. Combination of 3&4? But I need a combo that would satisfy.

Not sure about any of this anymore, the FDA is going to shut this down eventually (I really think they will) and we could all be left with only 3 choices. Quit, blackmarket or purchase what THEY manufacture. But for now I am simply not enjoying vaping anymore and it has been like cigs the past few years. I dont want to do it because it makes me wheeze cough and irritated but I'm clearly addicted. Give me your experiences/ideas on what may help me and what are YOUR plans for the future?

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE

This will be long..

Preface:
First off I've been vaping close to 10 years, before 20 years on cigs, back when a 510 was a battery not just a thread type. Back when we had PCC's and cartos. I've had 810's 510's egos, mechs, provari's, tanks, carts, drippers....Ive been wrapping my coils for close to 8 years. I am just stating this so veterans here can understand I've been around the block.

I also have seen and continue to see many defensive and disgruntled responses to people here that post anything other than vaping is great, long live vape. I expect this thread to be treated kindly and respected as I will will also respect your opinions. I've been here along time, I know who are solid contributors and some who are ..... If you search my post history you will find a thread from 5 years ago where I questioned my new relationship with a woman who wanted to start vaping. She had been nic free for 4 years when we started dating and wanted to take up vaping. I was considering ending our early relationship over it. I know in retrospect that it was the wrong approach but seemingly NOONE could understand my point of view. Well now she hates vaping more than anything in her life, cries sometimes because she "cant" quit, hates her dryer skin, despises the "effort" involved (although minimal). All I was saying is that she would REGRET this decision and I was met with extreme backlash, and I was right. I knew it then, its true now. The one thing she regrets the most in the past 10 years is picking up vaping. This thread is closed but some of it will come into play. Please be respectful in your responses and opinions. As I stated up top, I am asking for advice from long term members.

So to the matter at hand. I have been, for the 2 years coughing, wheezing at night (pretty bad, wife can hear it) and just generally not comfortable in vaping.Throat irritation, shortness of breath etc...I exclusively sqounk moved everything to profile rda's with mesh coil. I changed to DL inhale about 5 years ago from a hybrid MTL and started with tight MTL (we had no choice back in the day). I also experience chest pains from time to time. My nic is 3mg, been stuck there for years ever since I went DL.

The wheezing and daily coughing and congestion are not directly related to the mesh as traditional kanthal, SS, TI, whatever would cause it too. I would think its more related to DL inhale and the influx of vapor. I tried to go back to a hybrid MTL setup but just found it hard to become satisfied. I'm thinking of quitting for good, which I've thought of many times before but failed in my attempts. So I'm looking for opinions or options from experienced members who have maybe been in the same boat? I've also noticed that alot of juices have changed, or its just me? What was once smooth is now irritable unless I turn it down to say 20 watts. I've read a few of my brands changed their recipes, cut costs and I blamed it on that. I'm having trouble finding any juices I truly like anymore and never got into DIY. I always felt I should but I feel I dont have the time or patience required to dial in recipes. I'm pretty busy most days and weekends. So I suppose there are a few options...

1. Quit. Honestly I would love to. Save money, no more remembering to bring gear etc. My wife would love it as she states she cant quit until I do, the temptation is too much for her. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that but I am seriously considering the option.

2. DIY juice? Could this be whats been causing this the last few years? 3mg maybe too strong but then I dont feel satisfied and sometimes dont even with 3mg?

3. Back to MTL 6mg? Not sure if this would make it harder to quit. Less vapor but more concentrate, still think 3mg with DL would be more overall nic consumption.

Not sure about any of this anymore, the FDA is going to shut this down eventually (I really think they will) and we could all be left with only 3 choices. Quit, blackmarket or purchase what THEY manufacture. But for now I am simply not enjoying vaping anymore and it has been like cigs the past few years. I dont want to do it because it makes me wheeze cough and irritated but I'm clearly addicted. Give me your experiences/ideas on what may help me and what are YOUR plans for the future?

Fellow long termer here, 10+ years. I still vape. I do because I like it. In 10 years , In 10 years I have gone from needing 2 ecigs both going just to stay away from cigarettes. I made it. I too started out with the aquarium filter in my cart! Re: 10 years later, still vaping because I like it, but I've actually gotten to the point that if I forget my ecig going
somewhere I don't turn around to get it, LOL!
My health had improved immediately and I have no guilt for 10 years now.
Advice: Do NOT worry or feel guilty about vaping. Enjoy it. You have quit smoking. That was the biggest hurdle in my life. AND the cost is pennies compared to you and your wife both smoking.
Do not buy black market, it's not worth trading cheap for health. Buy from a reputable supplier (mine are Vapor for Life and MVP). If you are
irritated by propylene glycol, try glycerine base. Drink lots of water. Try more nicotine and vaping less. 20 watts is more than enough. With all the mods I've tried, I stand by any mod that I can adjust the watts from say, 10-40, and I can control the strength as I need to. I have always ended up back to aspire BVC carts because of the simplicity. I've tried just about everything else and it was costly or too complicated. And I never go sub-ohm.
Think simple. If you and your wife support eachother, great! You can both cut down when you want to. You may need higher nicotine to vape less frequently (like my son in law) .
If you can't quit, well, you gave up cigarettes and the expense of you both smoking ($$$$$). Good reputable ejuice and a mod you love is super cheap. Do not feel it's necessary to quit vaping. Vaping is that step that is as long as you need without any pressure to quit. It's a winner. Celebrate being non smoking every day. Find yourself simple equipment like I did and it's cheaper and less "faddish". Try a higher mg. nicotine and less vaping. I had very good results with that and cheaper. I found a good stable supplier and love my choices in flavor. Making my own was not doing it for me.
I know this is long, but you can make adjustments that may help and be cheaper if needed. I hope this helps. Oh my plans for the future are to have no plans. No stress. No tobacco. Letting my body and need guide me.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Good for you... back to MTL (I had the impression the Berserker had very restricted airflow or I would have got one) What VG/PG ratio are you using? Cotton or rayon? nic mg? Sorry if too many questions, but I've done lots of research on MTL RTAs. Let me know if you want a very small inexpensive 18650 mod to carry around in pocket (I'm a bargain hunter)

Mostly 70/30 60/40 all cotton wicks. Tried Rayon years ago, didnt work out but its been a LONG time, might give it go again. You got pros and cons for rayon vs cotton?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@latexyankee, don't part with your Topside yet. As the Carbon with the YiHi chipset will do TC wonderfully.

As there's been a resurgence in MTL RBA's, so there's a fair few RTA's and RDA's to choose from now. Not just the clouds bro are now taken care of.

And it may well be worth asking in the Rayon thread if someone can spare a Tidi Rayon ball or two, from what I've been hearing it's supposed to be better than Grahame's Cellucotton Rayon.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE

This will be long..

Preface:

That seems a big allergy. I've been vaping 10 years also and whenever I'm coughing is just 1 reason. Allergy. See a neumonologist, I'm generally given a puff and oral allergy meds. My lung health has IMPROVED with vaping, not diminished!

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
well, same thing happened to me.
no sense telling the doc, because she'd just tell me i need to quit.
i already know that but i'm not strong enow.
i love vaping too much.
i was taking super deep drags to the bottom of my lungs.
now, i can become short of breath while lying down.

i still would advise any smoker to move to vaping, but somebody's gotta be in the 5%.
last week i stopped inhaling.
i still get enow nic but it's not very fun.
my lungs are slowly getting better.
the smart thing would be to stop flavors, vg, pg to see if one ingredient is the problem.
i hope someone runs that test.
i can't because death was staring me in the face.
recovery is very slow, but i'm improving.
kinda sucks tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread