Looking for a new RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I'm looking for a durable RTA, to replace or use as backup for my Erlkönigin. It's the only tank I've ever known, I have 2 RDA's. Doesn't necessarily have to be MTL. Also a stainless steel/metal tank would be great as I've cracked 2 tanks. I use mech mods exclusively.
Even though it isn't a metal tank, I have been eyeing the geekvape avocado 24. It looks wonderful. Perhaps I get quite a few replacement tanks? Lol
Also, authentic is better to be, but not a deal breaker. To each their own, but I prefer the real deal.

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Steel tanks? The Geekvape Medusa Reborn is an RDTA like the Avocado, holds 3ml, is all steel, but is 25mm so it might overhang some of your mechs.

There's the Kayfun line... More traditional RTAs with stainless tanks. They range in size from 16 to 25 mm depending on which model you select. They also range from tight MTL to restricted DTL.

Note that your Erl has a stainless tank option...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

• Useful

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Steel tanks? The Geekvape Medusa Reborn is an RDTA like the Avocado, holds 3ml, is all steel, but is 25mm so it might overhang some of your mechs.

There's the Kayfun line... More traditional RTAs with stainless tanks. They range in size from 16 to 25 mm depending on which model you select. They also range from tight MTL to restricted DTL.

Note that your Erl has a stainless tank option...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I'll look into those, thanks. One of the reasons I'm looking for a replacement or backup is that finding a new tank and/or clone that works for my existing Erl is nearly impossible. I did just order a clone that has a taller chimney than mine but can just swap out the clone chimney and tank with mine and replace my cracked tank, and voila! I could have saved myself a lot of trouble getting the SS tank when I had the chance.. but 4 years of perfect use before breaking 2 in the last month, the thought never crossed my mind. /facepalm

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I don't think of many things until they happen, I think we all have planning blind spots, but I don't have a Erl so I don't know what to tell you as far as equivalence, but you can usually get VERY inexpensive sort of plastic/whatever is being used these days, along with your new tank if you are worried about breakage.

I am actually RELIEVED when one of my glass tanks breaks so I can just get on with not trying to make sure it doesn't happen.... So 4 years is a good run.

Anna

Reactions: Anise

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Just for fun, this is what I'm using now
15337459935981758685058.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Excellent, thanks a ton! My Erl will keep on living forever! I've been looking at other RTA/RTDA's and still will probably get another to compliment/backup, but I want to continue to use my Erl. It's been worth every penny, gives me a great vape, great flavor.
I'm a big fan of the Erl nano and have a decent stash of authentics and clones with accessories, o-rings, etc.

Check out the Dvarw for your next RTA. A fantastic simple, configurable RTA:
Dvarw MTL RTA – KHW mods

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
And @barkfunklerbunk you are probably already aware of this thread but, if not, it is a wealth of info for Erl lovers (thanks to @qorax)

The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Ah yes, I got a wealth of info from this thread years ago. It's worth a look again. I've got so much to sift through on this forum, I was somewhat active in 2014 and then disappeared until now. I definitely have a lifetime supply of o-rings for my Erl. And I have been eyeing that dvarw(as well as the avocado), looks very solid. I appreciate the help and info, many thanks! :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
17D5B8F2-81C1-4853-B3A8-3FBC8D9DE80B.jpeg
FBC57BE8-C4CD-4D85-A435-800A333A8B1F.jpeg
I'm looking for a durable RTA, to replace or use as backup for my Erlkönigin. It's the only tank I've ever known, I have 2 RDA's. Doesn't necessarily have to be MTL. Also a stainless steel/metal tank would be great as I've cracked 2 tanks. I use mech mods exclusively.
Even though it isn't a metal tank, I have been eyeing the geekvape avocado 24. It looks wonderful. Perhaps I get quite a few replacement tanks? Lol
Also, authentic is better to be, but not a deal breaker. To each their own, but I prefer the real deal.

Steam Crave Supreme v2

• Love

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Regarding my Broken Erl... Von Erl is sending me a SS replacement tube! :) they are amazing. Could not be happier, my Erl will live on! But still I will consider all of these you have suggested. With just 1 RTA and 2 RDA's, I was in a bit of a panic trying to find a replacement tube asap, while looking for a replacement altogether. My Erl is my daily driver, goes with me everywhere. My RDA's are at home pieces for now and then. And thanks @qorax for all that info back then on the Erl. It influenced my purchase and helped me in perfecting my vape experience. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Been also using my erlks every day since they came out and still to this day is one of the best rta's ever...I have tried so many rta's before and since and the erlk is definitely one of the best...although I don't have any extra glass tanks, I do have extra regular full size chimneys and plastic tanks and would gladly send you a set....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My offer below still stands, but if your getting a replacement from the erlk store, you might be good....as for a comparable back up rta, I would say the doggy style rta....in my 7 years of rebuilding rta's and gennys, I have always bought authentic high end stuff and it's always worked for me. In all those years, I have tried a few clones and each time had issues and swore to stick with authentics, but I kept hearing about the doggy and figured I would try one more clone....for a 10 dollar rta, it's a great clone , vapes incredible and has fantastic flavor. Another great feature is it's size, it holds 3.5mls and is just as small as the 2ml erlk nano!! So imo, if you like the erlk, you will definitely love the dog

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread