Status
Not open for further replies.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
ok i got that.....even though it says oil its ok right? now as far as the eliquid do i order PG or VG? and does it have nic in it>

They are called oils, but don't all have oils in them... oil is NOT ok... refer to this thread for safe flavors:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/2498-lorann-candy-flavours.html

PG or VG is a personal choice. Most people use PG, some people are allergic to PG. (You don't HAVE TO use either... it does increase vapor and can be used to lower the mg of your nicotine liquid, see next sentence)

Neither the flavor nor the PG/VG has nicotine in it... normally you would use unflavored nicotine liquid in it (unless you want to mix the LorAnn with a flavored liquid).

Here is an example from one supplier of unflavored liquid:
Un-Flavoured E-liquid Juice - DIY

Best to buy 36mg liquid and then cut with flavor and PG and/or VG to get to the mg level you want (since the nicotine liquid is the most expensive ingredient).

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
88th, if I could make a suggestion. Since you can't update your first post after a couple of day's, what about creating a text file or similar and putting the information in that and putting it on a web page somewhere where we could download it. Start a new thread telling us where it is and as new information comes in you could update it. Let us know in the forums when the list is updated and put the date on the text file so we know how old or new our current copy is. Not the easiest solution, but it would work as long as the list was kept updated once in a while.

You could also make a note on how many people have ferified a flavor. What one person calls strong, another would think is weak. By listing how many it'd give us an idea on how relevant a rating should be.

Just a thought.

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
They are called oils, but don't all have oils in them... oil is NOT ok... refer to this thread for safe flavors:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/2498-lorann-candy-flavours.html

PG or VG is a personal choice. Most people use PG, some people are allergic to PG. (You don't HAVE TO use either... it does increase vapor and can be used to lower the mg of your nicotine liquid, see next sentence)

Neither the flavor nor the PG/VG has nicotine in it... normally you would use unflavored nicotine liquid in it (unless you want to mix the LorAnn with a flavored liquid).

Here is an example from one supplier of unflavored liquid:
Un-Flavoured E-liquid Juice - DIY

Best to buy 36mg liquid and then cut with flavor and PG and/or VG to get to the mg level you want (since the nicotine liquid is the most expensive ingredient).

Not all are oil free. I read thru all the flavors I bought and some do list oil as an ingredient.

This first part is just an FYI: I've looked at all of the links to various information that I could find here about Lorann Oils, and there are a couple of flavors that I purchased from there (before I saw the "Lorann's Details" list of ingredients) that have labels on the bottles that don't agree with the ingredients on the list posted on ECF. I double-checked on Lorann's site, and the Item Details under these flavors still match up with the Lorann's Details list on ECF, but the actual bottles that I got list a couple of differences on the labels:

Creme De Menthe - listed as Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Natural Flavor, Blue 1, Yellow 5, and Soluble in water. My bottle label doesn't list any Natural Flavor. It only says Artificial Flavor. This flavor is a VERY light, see-through minty-green color, so I can't imagine that they use much coloring in it. It smells heavenly, and I'd love to use it to add to a Menthol juice. What would be the downside?

Chocolate Hazelnut - I'm not fond of this one myself, but ordered it for a friend. Lorann's site still lists that name, and the same ingredients that are on the list; but the bottle that I got is actually called Hazelnut Mocha now. The ingredients on the actual bottle of that one say: Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Water, and Alcohol. The list - and Lorann's site - say that Chocolate Hazelnut contained Natural and Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, and that it's Soluble in water.

That's not the end of the world for me, but it just makes me wonder where the list came from, and if anyone ever updates it. Was it furnished by Lorann's, or did someone compile it from the details on the Lorannoils site? If the list is what people are going by, some ingredients or colorings could make a difference to some people. I didn't want to step on any toes, but if no one keeps an eye on this, I was going to send a note to Lorann's and ask about the difference between what her site details and what the bottles from my order list. There are probably just on-going changes in ingredients that they haven't gotten around to switching on the website yet.

The question that I have is about one of the columns on the Lorann's Details list at ECF. I've read that it's not good to vape anything that contains oil, sugar, syrup, or coloring ... or the coloring part may be questionable on some. What's the "questionable" part about? Yes, I know that I can vape my cat if I want to, but what's the ECF line on colorings? What does "OK so far but IS coloured" actually mean? What would NOT be OK ... for someone to report a problem on the board?

I'm not holding anyone responsible for anything - I just want to know what I'm looking at before I start mixing up a bunch of stuff on my own. I already had an experience where I lost my voice for about 5 days after I mixed a bunch of flavorings and Glycerine with some pre-made juices (to tone down some 36mg), and vaped away. It was so yummy, I might have just over-vaped that day ... or else it was the Glycerine. I don't know yet, since I haven't repeated that mistake. You can just call me a Mix-ology Prodigy in the making, who would prefer not to use herself as the guinea pig! I've been reading whatever I can find here in the searches, and I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I vape any more unknowns into my lungs than I've already done for the past 40 years (and briefly last month).

Another novel ... brought to you today by the hokey-pokey club.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I went through the thread and tallied the current ratings. (Man, I hope nobody's done this already since I just spent 30 minutes doing this...)

Insanely strong (use 5-10% per batch)
Pretty damn strong (10-15%)
Just right (15-20%)
Relatively weak (20-25%)
Very weak (25-30%)

Multiple - At least 2 people agreed
Disagreement - 2 people rated but disagreed

Code:
Amaretto               Just right
Anise                  Pretty damn strong
Apple                  Very weak            Multiple
Banana                 Just right
Blackberry             Relatively weak      Multiple
Blueberry              Just right
Brandy                 Just right           Disagreement
Brandy                 Pretty damn strong   Disagreement
Butter Rum             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Butterscotch           Pretty damn strong
Caramel                Relatively weak
Champagne              Relatively weak
Cheesecake             Very weak            Multiple
Cherry                 Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Chocolate Hazelnut     Pretty damn strong
Cinnamon Roll          Very weak
Coconut                Very weak
Coffee                 Insanely strong      Multiple
Cranberry              Relatively weak      Multiple
Creme de Menthe        Insanely strong      Multiple
English Toffee         Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Key Lime               Pretty damn strong
Licorice               Pretty damn strong
Lime                   Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Mango                  Just right
Marshmellow            Just right
Mint Chocolate Chip    Just right
Orange cream           Relatively weak
Peach                  Relatively weak
Peanut Butter          Just right
Peppermint             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Pina Colada            Just right           Multiple
Pralines and cream     Just right           Multiple
Raspberry              Just right
Root Beer              Just right           Multiple
Spearmint              Pretty damn strong
Strawberry             Pretty damn strong   Multiple
Strawberry Kiwi        Relatively weak
Tutti Fruity           Just right
Watermelon             Just right           Multiple
Wintergreen            Insanely strong      Multiple

This chart in Excel:
http://www.itsanadventure.com/postimages/Strength-O-Meter.xls

Useful Links:
LorAnn's Super Strength Flavors: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx
Safe LorAnn Flavors: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/2498-lorann-candy-flavours.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-calculator-added-quantity-calculations.html

Bottles:
Specialty Bottle - Glass & Plastic Bottles Jars Vials Tins Other Containers
Cylinder and Boston Round Bottles with Dropper Caps - US Plastic Corporation

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com
ebottles.com has a lot of choices with dropper lids, in plastic or glass. There is no minimum order, but some of the smaller bottles are sold in lots of about 150 or so. Good prices, and nice to find the little bottles in glass. They also have the heat seal plastic wraps to put around the neck of the bottles, the hit them with a hair dryer to seal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread