Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Drone in today and it’s defective. There appears to be something blocking the juice flow from the bottle to the 510. I thought it might be the bottle, but tried a few other bottles with the same result.

I also squeezed an empty bottle flat, attached it to the feed tube in the mod, and the bottle remained compressed. Clearly there’s a problem somewhere in the internal mod tubing.

So disappointing!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Got my Drone in today and it’s defective. There appears to be something blocking the juice flow from the bottle to the 510. I thought it might be the bottle, but tried a few other bottles with the same result.

I also squeezed an empty bottle flat, attached it to the feed tube in the mod, and the bottle remained compressed. Clearly there’s a problem somewhere in the internal mod tubing.

So disappointing!!

Have you tried taking your rda off the mod and squeezing the bottle? Perhaps feed a length of kanthal down in it to see if it can become unblocked.

Man that sucks.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Have you tried taking your rda off the mod and squeezing the bottle? Perhaps feed a length of kanthal down in it to see if it can become unblocked.

Man that sucks.
Yep -- took off the atty and zero juice flows when pressing the bottle. No obstruction present. Problem is definitely internal to the mod.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yep -- took off the atty and zero juice flows when pressing the bottle. No obstruction present. Problem is definitely internal to the mod.

Have you watched Todd's review? He shows the tube running to the 510 connector and mentions that it isn't kinked but it is a pretty tight curve, maybe yours is kinked? You might be able to get to it and straighten it out a little if that's the issue.

Brand new mod though, I'd return it for an exchange.

That sucks, sorry.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Have you watched Todd's review? He shows the tube running to the 510 connector and mentions that it isn't kinked but it is a pretty tight curve, maybe yours is kinked? You might be able to get to it and straighten it out a little if that's the issue.

Brand new mod though, I'd return it for an exchange.

That sucks, sorry.

Thanks for that tip -- I'll give that video a look. I remember seeing tear downs of the original Drone, but haven't seen one for the new Drone. Based on the symptoms, I'm thinking a tube kink is exactly what is going on.

I'm going to bite down the urge to take it apart until I hear back from Eciggity. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock of the black/amber (the one I bought) at present so an exchange might be difficult (or at least take some time).

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow! I never put any juice in my two yet. I did throw some tanks on and checked them out with EScribe, but that is it so far. But hearing about yours hazozita, I squeezed the bottle on both and I can hear air coming out of the 510. Also if I press in the bottles and put my finger over the 510 and release my finger, the bottles stay compressed until I uncover the 510. I got my two from eciggity by the way. Also to add, their customer service is top notch.

Reactions: Eskie

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Wow! I never put any juice in my two yet. I did throw some tanks on and checked them out with EScribe, but that is it so far. But hearing about yours hazozita, I squeezed the bottle on both and I can hear air coming out of the 510. Also if I press in the bottles and put my finger over the 510 and release my finger, the bottles stay compressed until I uncover the 510. I got my two from eciggity by the way. Also to add, their customer service is top notch.
I started to buy another C-roll RDA from Egiggity today but darned if I could figure out how to use my 355 reward points... so out of the basket it went. I suppose I should just contact them about it, maybe need to turn it into a gift certificate or something first.

• Optimistic

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

Normally I would agree about Eciggity having great customer service, as they have done a great job for me in the past. This time, however, I'm not all that happy. I heard back from them and, after a quick back and forth to try to troubleshoot (the rep asked me to check for an obstruction in the 510 pin, which is not the problem) they said I'd have to contact Lost Vape for support.

I know Evolv takes care of Lost Vape warranty work in the US and, if this was a board problem, I'd have no problem at all sending it to Evolv. However, I don't think Evolv will be able to deal with a kinked/defective internal tube. But, email has been sent to Lost Vape about the problem. I'll also contact Evolv to see what they have to say.

Really regretting this purchase, and will be thinking twice before ordering something expensive from Eciggity moving forward.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Normally I would agree about Eciggity having great customer service, as they have done a great job for me in the past. This time, however, I'm not all that happy. I heard back from them and, after a quick back and forth to try to troubleshoot (the rep asked me to check for an obstruction in the 510 pin, which is not the problem) they said I'd have to contact Lost Vape for support.

I know Evolv takes care of Lost Vape warranty work in the US and, if this was a board problem, I'd have no problem at all sending it to Evolv. However, I don't think Evolv will be able to deal with a kinked/defective internal tube. But, email has been sent to Lost Vape about the problem. I'll also contact Evolv to see what they have to say.

Really regretting this purchase, and will be thinking twice before ordering something expensive from Eciggity moving forward.
    This is their policy on the website:
    What do I do if my product is broken/defective or missing parts?

We accept dead on arrival defects within 48 hours of receiving your product. Please send photos or a video to support@eciggity.com showing the issue(s) you are experiencing with your product(s) along with the paper invoice you received.

Try to file a CC dispute, they sent you defective product.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm pleased to report that Evolv stepped up and will be repairing my Drone. I doubled checked with them to make sure they understood it was not a board problem, but rather a feed tube problem and they confirmed that they have the parts needed to make the repair. The mod is on route to them. The whole process was very quick and easy.

As I expected, zero response from Lost Vape. I did not, however, expect the lack of willingness to do an exchange from Eciggity. They got a lot of my money over the past few years, and I've recommended them many times to others -- don't think I'll be giving them any more money nor recommendations for some time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread