Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I'm pleased to report that Evolv stepped up and will be repairing my Drone. I doubled checked with them to make sure they understood it was not a board problem, but rather a feed tube problem and they confirmed that they have the parts needed to make the repair. The mod is on route to them. The whole process was very quick and easy.

As I expected, zero response from lost vape. I did not, however, expect the lack of willingness to do an exchange from Eciggity. They got a lot of my money over the past few years, and I've recommended them many times to others -- don't think I'll be giving them any more money nor recommendations for some time.

Glad they're going to get it sorted for you. I'm guessing that, since they manufacture boards and not mods, if they have parts on hand that this is a fairly common issue. Good on them for taking care of it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Sorry, I must have been thinking of another place, that doesn't work.

Attachments

• 2019-02-15_101046.png
    2019-02-15_101046.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: dwcraig1

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I started to buy another C-roll RDA from Egiggity today but darned if I could figure out how to use my 355 reward points... so out of the basket it went. I suppose I should just contact them about it, maybe need to turn it into a gift certificate or something first.
You know, I remember their reward points and I used them all of the time. And that coupon area at checkout is where I used them. But what like since the last year, I haven't received reward points anymore. Mine was near zero since I used them all of the time. I think they don't use them anymore since they started to use that TENOFF coupon.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
You know, I remember their reward points and I used them all of the time. And that coupon area at checkout is where I used them. But what like since the last year, I haven't received reward points anymore. Mine was near zero since I used them all of the time. I think they don't use them anymore since they started to use that TENOFF coupon.
It shows that I have 355 points but it also says I have zero.

• Informative

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, that is the lowest price I've seen. Too good to be true? Never ordered from that site nor heard feedback about that site. Hope it's worth the risk. Keep us updated.

Yeah, it’s definitely teetering on the too good to be true ledge. I figured I can always dispute the charge if things go south. I will definitely keep y’all updated.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got mine back from Evolv and it's squonking just fine. Their repair service was very quick and easy, and they kept me apprised of when they received it and when it was shipped via their ticket system. Got it back one week from the day I mailed it to them.

A question for those who own one: is the 510 spring loaded? Mine is not -- the pin has zero movement, which means every atty I've tried on it does not sit anywhere near flush (gap of about about 1mm). I never actually used mine when I first got it due to the problem I had with the squonk system and was curious if this is how it should be, or if something went wrong during the repair.

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Got mine back from Evolv and it's squonking just fine. Their repair service was very quick and easy, and they kept me apprised of when they received it and when it was shipped via their ticket system. Got it back one week from the day I mailed it to them.

A question for those who own one: is the 510 spring loaded? Mine is not -- the pin has zero movement, which means every atty I've tried on it does not sit anywhere near flush (gap of about about 1mm). I never actually used mine when I first got it due to the problem I had with the squonk system and was curious if this is how it should be, or if something went wrong during the repair.

Surprised that the 510 is not spring loaded...seems like a possible site for problems after a few uses, and/or it one gets too over zealous and over-tightens the RDA. Disappointing....

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Surprised that the 510 is not spring loaded...seems like a possible site for problems after a few uses, and/or it one gets too over zealous and over-tightens the RDA. Disappointing....

Unfortunately, the disappointment didn't end with the 510 pin. It won't connect to Escribe. I can connect other DNA mods (tried 4 mods, including 2 other 250C mods) without a problem. I'm using the same cable and PC, so the connection issue is with the board and not my cable/PC. I never tried connecting it before sending it to Evolv, so I don't know if the problem was there from the start, or it got borked during the repair.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
sucks to hear hozozita

the 510 does move by design, I suspect there is a a wire blocking the downward movement of the 510 assembly.(or + wire is bound up not letting the pin move)

On another note:
My 510 was leaking juice into the mod and leaking out the bottom. I took apart my new mod to see what was going on... lots of screws but not that hard and it will be easy to access the 510 in your case.(3 top screws..and 2 screws holding the "510 mount plate")
Problem I found with the/my 510: is there is a plastic spacer under the rubber piece and it doesn't put enough pressure on the rubber washer due to being wider than the metal plate that it mates with or the rubber washer is too thin, and doesn't let the plastic spacer do it's job(keeping pressure on the gasket/rubber washer) . Basically mine lets liquid leak into the sides of the 510, thread side. It does not leak down the middle where the pin is, but the does leak out the sides, which lead to the innards and eventually out the bottom.

Also it seems the 510 pin in the drone is kind of thin/small(or the hole is large and not much flat surface area for the RDA sqounk pin to seat/seal nicely). The RDA(bruce pro hornet) i was using when I got the leak has a larger 510 squonk pin(uses a larger allen wrench than I've used before), this allowed squonk liquid to get in the rubber gasket area.(which then leaked into the mod due to poor seal). I switched to my coilart DPRO which has a small squonk hole/allen and haven't seen any liquid in the 510 area except on tip/top of the pin.

if/when it happens again, I think I'll shave down the plastic spacer a little so it fits in the hole and provides a nice tight seal. hopefully I am the only one with this issue and not all mods are/will be affected by the spacer being a tad too wide or the rubber gasket being a tad too thin.

I'll get pics if I have to take it apart again.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
Hi I have a black\black version dose the top plate scratch when you put a rda on it ? I have not used mine yet.

David

yeah,, your rda will scratch the h3ll out of the top plate. I've seen some thin 510 discs or something that could prevent the scratching..I don't have a link or know where to get them.

Reactions: BillW50

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Just a tip from a local.
Anyone ordering any lost vape gear from the UK, Always use steam island (I've no affiliation). The owner Rob works for lost vape so often comes up with some hard to find gems. I bought my corals, epetite and esquare from them. Ended up with spare panel's too.
Sadly I wasn't a fan of the therion squonker so handed it on. (It's too much screen and board tech for one 18650).
Any UK residents contact stealthvape for evolv issues as they're the appointed UK repair centre for evolv.

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, that is the lowest price I've seen. Too good to be true? Never ordered from that site nor heard feedback about that site. Hope it's worth the risk. Keep us updated.

I got shipping notification this morning,

looking good so far :thumb:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
yeah,, your rda will scratch the h3ll out of the top plate. I've seen some thin 510 discs or something that could prevent the scratching..I don't have a link or know where to get them.
Actually, I bought a Drone (black/black). Was pleased with the Topside dual, bought this anyways since I wanted a dual battery squonk with a DNA chip.

Appears to me the entire device will scratch easily, not just the top plate. I haven't fired mine up yet other than a quick test to make sure the board fires an RDA, but I'm much more satisfied with the Topside Dual for the money. I've only screwed an RDA on/off once, and it already left a ring (scratch) on the top plate.

I really wish Lost Vape would have used better materials on this, even if it did make it a heavier device. I think of solid built equipment when I think of Lost Vape, this just looks/feel inexpensive to me. If I had been able to check one out in person at a local shop, I probably would have passed on it. I just picked up another Topside Dual for $72.95, about half the price.

I don't like how cheap the battery door feels, I've already scratched mine with my fingernail, trying to remove the cover. Maybe I'm spoiled by how easy it is to refill my Topsides (and even my Pulse), but this is going to be a bit more difficult to refill than I'm used to. Since there have already been reports of the 510 leaking, I won't use a refill bottle with the Drone, that would tend to increase this possibility in my opinion.

Anyways, it looks nice in pictures, I question the long term durability of it though, I think it will get scratched up and look like a beater pretty quickly if I pocket carry it. I'm hoping the 510 doesn't leak on mine. If so, then I guess I can harvest the board to use in another device if it's still good.

Oh well, I bought it already, so I'll use it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised after I get some vape time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread