Lost Vape Drone Squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Lost vapes last range of mods was indeed disappointing. The paranormal had panel's that came unglued and the therion bf and mirage felt like they'd smash to pieces on the first drop.
The coral, epetite, esquare and halcyon squonker where good and solid. I was hoping for build improvements at the price point.
Yihi sx have gone mental in the design dept. I think asmodus seem to be the most solid currently and the likes of vaporesso are catching up board and build wise.
Slightly ironic that evolv removed the licences from the likes of hcigar ect that where really making progress on classy designs. I still think my inbox's are the nicest Chinese squonk design with the old dna 75 board. I've a metal frame leather panel one and a black carbon panel one and they get used daily with zero scratches over the last two or so years.

Stefan Buhalov

Mar 19, 2019
I want to change my Rage since I got a bit tired of it but I really dont know should I get this after all negative comments/reviews.

Its gonna be my first ever DNA and im really hyped but all I see is posts about the flimsy door, leaking issues with the bottle, overall poor quality :( 100 euros plus is a bit too much for me right now, really dont know what to do lol

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I want to change my Rage since I got a bit tired of it but I really dont know should I get this after all negative comments/reviews.

Its gonna be my first ever DNA and im really hyped but all I see is posts about the flimsy door, leaking issues with the bottle, overall poor quality :( 100 euros plus is a bit too much for me right now, really dont know what to do lol
Until a week or so back I'd have directed you to a Chinese site and said get a hcigar inbox DNA 75 and a few batteries for under $50 but it seems vapers are catching on that it's the last available solid DNA squonk mod still with available stock so the price has gone up to $100+ (still worth it in my opinion).
I've been testing the wismec df which although overpriced on release has now settled at a more reasonable $40-50. Seems solid and the board has been spot on. Nice in hand and a good mechanism.
Just an option.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The long delay in release and the missed opportunity to order a blsck/ss one by my daughter as a now very delayed Christmas present may have been fortunate. But now I
plan on waiting another few weeks for the specs on the "premium" dual Topside to come out. If I have to have proprietary bottles I'd rather have them work in multiple squonkers rather than just one.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The long delay in release and the missed opportunity to order a blsck/ss one by my daughter as a now very delayed Christmas present may have been fortunate. But now I
plan on waiting another few weeks for the specs on the "premium" dual Topside to come out. If I have to have proprietary bottles I'd rather have them work in multiple squonkers rather than just one.
Yeah, I think you are making the right decision my friend. I am very pleased with the Topside and Topside Dual. I will be getting the YiHi edition once it's released. I really would like to see both versions of the Topside with a DNA 75c and 250c chips though. I will settle for the YiHi in the Dual.

I went ahead and bought a Drone after getting the Topside Dual. I guess I was just bored, lol. Saw them come into stock at VaporDNA (only color I wanted was black/black), and I ordered one.

In all honesty, mine is still in the box, probably after over a week of getting it. I put in batteries to make sure the chip fired, and it's been back in the box since. I'm just not that excited by it anymore, other than the DNA chip. Totally possible I will like it once I use it, but was just kind of disappointed with the appearance/quality once I saw it in person. I guess I knew what I was getting when I bought it, was just sucked into the Drone hype for so long, I got it anyways. Probably my least favorite Lost Vape device at this point, and it's primarily due to the materials they used. It just doesn't feel like a Lost Vape device in my mind. And the Topside is SO much easier to fill, lol.

Maybe I'll clean one of the bottles for mine and fire it up this weekend. Not fair for me to crap on it when I haven't even used it yet. My comments regarding the Drone are all based on appearance and perceptions of build quality. It could end up being a great device.

I just think the Topside design is much better.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I love all my LV DNA mods, but I get the whole plastic thing as an issue in perceived quality. That and the leak discussions certainly give me pause as much as I'd like a DNA squonker. The premium Topside dual sounds like it makes sense, but until they at least say which chipset they're going with (not all Yihi boards are even close to being the same) and the build materials changes I'm not making any commitment. I might well still end up with a Drone anyway but I am very happy with my single Topside so that option is just more attractive at the moment. I just hope they don't cheap out with a bargain basement chipset because they don't want to make it too expensive.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I just think the Topside design is much better.
I bought 4 of them and I am ...... that two of them the magnets on the door were installed in reverse. In Jai Haze review, his was reversed too. They can't even assemble them correctly. I totally lost any faith in Dovpo and in Brian I had. Now they sit in the junk bin (and the 2 with the reversed magnets, I never used). So I bought 2 Drones to replace them and couldn't be happier. :D

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I bought 4 of them and I am ...... that two of them the magnets on the door were installed in reverse. In Jai Haze review, his was reversed too. They can't even assemble them correctly. I totally lost any faith in Dovpo and in Brian I had. Now they sit in the junk bin (and the 2 with the reversed magnets, I never used). So I bought 2 Drones to replace them and couldn't be happier. :D
Sorry, you've had issues and lost confidence in the Dovpo devices. I've got 4 of the Topside single, and two of the dual now. All six of them have been fine with magnets and the like. I don't have a lot of vape time on all of them, but haven't noticed any issues with them. I have a third Topside dual coming today or tomorrow. With a coupon code, I picked one up at Vaporrange for $56. Not bad for a Topside dual. :D

Glad you are happy with your Drones though. That's good to hear. Still haven't tried mine, hopefully my real world use experience with it matches yours.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, that is the lowest price I've seen. Too good to be true? Never ordered from that site nor heard feedback about that site. Hope it's worth the risk. Keep us updated.

Arrived today, just as I was about to give up on it. I ordered the black/ultem but got the black/silver. In the vendors defense the sticker on the box says black/ultem so it was labeled incorrectly by Lost Vape. Black/silver is fine with me, not worth messing around with an exchange.

I haven’t had a chance to put an atty on yet but there isn’t any obstruction in the squonk tube. Hopefully I’ll have some time soon to put it through it’s paces.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
You may have gotten mods that were meant to be sold in the Southern Hemisphere. The magnets would work properly if it was closer to the South Pole then the North Pole. So you either have to flip the magnets or flip your Hemisphere. Wasn’t it labeled on the box as a Southern Hemispheric Topside? It should be in the small print on the bottom right hand corner...er sorry left hand corner of the box. The Northern Hemisphere topsides are labeled on the right hand side. That’s why I don’t like when they use magnets, too much stuff to keep straight. The simpler the better is what I say. Anyway I’m glad I could help straighten out all this confusion. I’ll be here all week folks. :facepalm:

cxray999

Apr 11, 2019
Got a brand new Drone Black on Black and it leaks like hell, the hose inside is punctured I am so annoyed with this from Lost Vape and their technical team is not much of a help as well with me being in the middle east and they not having a service center here.

I also got the stupid flimsy door, with no resolution in sight from Lost Vape definitely my last Lost Vape product, this sucks big time
IMG_5099.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5101.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5111.JPG
    IMG_5111.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5267.jpg
    IMG_5267.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Informative
Reactions: charlie1465

cxray999

Apr 11, 2019
Arrived today, just as I was about to give up on it. I ordered the black/ultem but got the black/silver. In the vendors defense the sticker on the box says black/ultem so it was labeled incorrectly by Lost Vape. Black/silver is fine with me, not worth messing around with an exchange.

I haven’t had a chance to put an atty on yet but there isn’t any obstruction in the squonk tube. Hopefully I’ll have some time soon to put it through it’s paces.

Let us hope it does not LEAK

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

cxray999

Apr 11, 2019
Actually, I bought a Drone (black/black). Was pleased with the Topside dual, bought this anyways since I wanted a dual battery squonk with a DNA chip.

Appears to me the entire device will scratch easily, not just the top plate. I haven't fired mine up yet other than a quick test to make sure the board fires an RDA, but I'm much more satisfied with the Topside Dual for the money. I've only screwed an RDA on/off once, and it already left a ring (scratch) on the top plate.

I really wish Lost Vape would have used better materials on this, even if it did make it a heavier device. I think of solid built equipment when I think of Lost Vape, this just looks/feel inexpensive to me. If I had been able to check one out in person at a local shop, I probably would have passed on it. I just picked up another Topside Dual for $72.95, about half the price.

I don't like how cheap the battery door feels, I've already scratched mine with my fingernail, trying to remove the cover. Maybe I'm spoiled by how easy it is to refill my Topsides (and even my Pulse), but this is going to be a bit more difficult to refill than I'm used to. Since there have already been reports of the 510 leaking, I won't use a refill bottle with the Drone, that would tend to increase this possibility in my opinion.

Anyways, it looks nice in pictures, I question the long term durability of it though, I think it will get scratched up and look like a beater pretty quickly if I pocket carry it. I'm hoping the 510 doesn't leak on mine. If so, then I guess I can harvest the board to use in another device if it's still good.

Oh well, I bought it already, so I'll use it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised after I get some vape time with it.

We both have this ....ty brand, mine even leaks big time

cxray999

Apr 11, 2019
Hey guy's. A solid deal from over here.
Black lost vape drone 250c for a shade under £100.
I can vouch for the shop as the owner Rob works for Lostvape.
DRONE SQUONKER DNA250C
Just in case anyone is after one.

Please if you know Rob, can you please ask him to attend to my complains for parts, I am not having this yellow liner, I need a hose replacement (mine is already short) due to I needed to cut the original one with HOLES, and I need to find an extra door because If Lost Vape will not replace it for me or they dont have a solution for it, I need an extra door which I will reinforce with.
IMG_5273.jpg
LV Drone 1.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Got a brand new Drone Black on Black and it leaks like hell, the hose inside is punctured I am so annoyed with this from Lost Vape and their technical team is not much of a help as well with me being in the middle east and they not having a service center here.
That sucks! But hoses are dirt cheap and something you will need to have on hand if you squonk anyway. For me, this would be a piece of cake to fix.
I also got the stupid flimsy door, with no resolution in sight from Lost Vape definitely my last Lost Vape product, this sucks big time
You don't have the door snapped in correctly. I can put my doors on wrong and they will look just like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread